Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:27 pm 
Quad T51

Car: slow, quiet & comfy katemobile
The first thing you all need to know, is that this can only happen if you put your money where your mouth is. In order to book the venue for the only remaining date until december, we need to lay down a significant deposit. That means we need YOU to either give us a deposit, or pay in full ASAP. If this doesn't happen fast it is very likely the venue will be booked by someone else, which means we miss out. Keep in mind this event will be capped at just 20 participants, so that participants who do attend get the maximum skid pan time possible. That means that this is likely to fill up fast and of course the only fair management of places is first payed, first served and that is exactly how it shall be.

So, with that very important detail out of the way... here are the details:

"Huh? What?"
Skid Pan day! The Skid Pan is 2 ¼ acres (148m x 61m) of polished cement, automatically flooded through steel grates with water pumped from a dam. Even my Mums Elantra could get sideways! There will be various courses setup (using witches hats) throughout the day for you to test and develop your skills. So basically, get sideways and dodge the orange things! Also there will be at least one driving instructor on hand from Auto-Motion Australia to help with slide control and help you learn the boundaries of grip if you wish. Note that the Skid Pan is limited to one car at a time for this event.

"Where?"
Eastern Creek. You get there by entering Eastern Creek through the rear entrance and driving through the tunnel to the centre of the track. The entrance to the Skid Pan is oppisite the medical centre. Please leave room for other participants when parking, but don't park on the skid pan. There should be sufficient parking space if some people park on the grass.

"When?"
Sunday July 16th, 2006. We should be able to start at 9:00am, which means a meeting time of 8:30am. This will go all day so don't plan on leaving before 5:00pm, because you wont want to. These times will be confirmed closer to the event.

"Do I need a CAMS Licence or such?"
No. This is a fun-orientated driver training day. As such you just need yourself, sensible clothes, your money and a roadworthy car. No helmet is required.

"Wont I get hungry?"
More than likely! There are food vendors at Eastern Creek which will be open on the day and if you don't trust them, there are other options reasonably close. Also there is a fridge you can store you lunch in if you wish to BYO.

"Thirsty?"
Of course, as always there will be cans of soft drink made available at $1 each. We'll even have a fridge this time!

"Why would I want to ....?"

"Yeah ok... but how much?"
$185.00
I have personally attended a Skid Pan event where there were some 45 odd people participating and as well as operating extremely smoothly everyone got plenty of time on the Skid Pan, it was a fantastic day and everybody had a great time. This event will be unique in that there will be driving instructors available and anyone can give it a go. Spectators are of course welcome, this is a friendly SilviaNSW event just like any other.

"Alright, I'm in! Now what?"
Well as mentioned straight off the bat, we need deposits or full payments in order to make this happen. Prefered payment is internet transfer but you can also deposit at any CBA branch or pay by credit card if you wish (direct to Auto-Motion). As soon as we have the required deposit the venue will be booked (and this will be announced), but if we happen to miss out full refunds will be given to everybody. Email imskitzoandsoami@silviansw.com for bank details (or if you wish to pay by credit card - in which case I will provide Auto-Motion contact details) and I will reply with both bank details/instructions and a .doc form to supply me with your contact details to make sure we can contact you.

Please don't PM me about the skid pan day, by all means email me though. It's just so I can get details to people without logging into the forums at work. By all means PM me about any other matter at any time.

If anybody has any questions, please post away. If there are any queries I'd rather answer them here for all to see :)
Looking forward to this guys, I hope we can make it happen!

Graham.

edit: badhairdave,

We have had a few issues with double bookings please check page 4 for details

16/7/06 will only be possible with 1/2 skid pan, 1/2 skid circuit. 23/7/06 can be booked for full day skidpan

Last edited by ImSkitzoAndSoAmI on Fri May 12, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:25 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
Quote:
"Wont I get hungry?"
More than likely! There are food vendors at Eastern Creek which will be open on the day and if you don't trust them, there are other options reasonably close. Also there is a fridge you can store you lunch in if you wish to BYO.

Huntingwood Krispy kremes is around the corner, and there is various little shops in the surrounding industrial areas. The closest place that i can think of for food is in Wetherill park (maccas, red rooter etc), which is not that far, as long as your not walking.

Other then that, there is maccas, at Mt Druitt, just a few minutes down the Great western hwy

Last edited by Nismodified on Fri May 12, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:51 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
How long do we have to reach a "significant" deposit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:12 pm 
Quad T51

Thanks Niz.

Magnet wrote:
How long do we have to reach a "significant" deposit?
Well firstly, I guess I have no reason to disclose the deposit amount, which is $1500. But in answer to your question: there is no time limit as such, however should someone else book the skid pan before us (which is highly likely) we will miss out. The next date the skid pan is available is December 17.

Edit: So $1500... that's only 5 full payments from people and I can make up the rest with my own entries. This is very achievable imo, it will only take 5 people to make this happen, as I'm certain we will have no trouble filling the places.

Last edited by ImSkitzoAndSoAmI on Fri May 12, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:42 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
Sent you an email.

Sorry if this seems like a n00b question, but are you required to wear a helmet for this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:43 pm 
TO4

no you aren't

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:11 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
hmm i want to come to this, but im unsure of what my roster for work is going to be like on that date at this stage, if i put my name down and find out later i cant make it can i transfer my spot to someone else ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:36 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
I'm in. Now to sort the diff and get the rear guards lipped or i'm wasting money and shreading a near new tyre at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:36 pm 
TO4

Car: s12 gazelle
cool should be keen for this but not sure on the due date for my car

www.aus12.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:24 pm 
Quad T51

mokompri wrote:
hmm i want to come to this, but im unsure of what my roster for work is going to be like on that date at this stage, if i put my name down and find out later i cant make it can i transfer my spot to someone else ?

Yeah sure, only because I'm so confident it will fill up though :P
So yes, the answer is yes, you can pay now to reserve your spot pending your roster. I assume you will get your roster at least a couple of weeks beforehand though?

Post subject: i'm in
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:44 pm 
T25

Car: R32 Skyline
I'm in would be good to learn abit more!!
Only if my car is finished, which it better be by then! if not i'll be kicking someass since it was ment to be finished about 2months ago!!!

Thanks man!

Petie
NFI's R32
www.nfiracing.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:52 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Put me down, I'll organise the funds ASAP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:14 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
ImSkitzoAndSoAmI wrote:
mokompri wrote:

Yeah sure, only because I'm so confident it will fill up though :P
So yes, the answer is yes, you can pay now to reserve your spot pending your roster. I assume you will get your roster at least a couple of weeks beforehand though?

yeah i have my roster up until 9th of july but not after that, and yeah i will know at least 2 weeks in advance, usually 4 though.

PM me payment details and i will put payment through :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:30 pm 
T25

Car: 180sx
I'm keen as, got two friends who will wanna bring their cars aswell...
Must people going all be forum members?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:41 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
Graham put myself and BRKAWY down for a position. Ill contact you during this week regarding payment in full.

Brad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next