Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:49 am 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
Apparently he has well over 350rwkw

Thats massive IMO

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:57 am 
T04 Hybrid

Car: S14a, its not mine, its my girlfriends!!!!! lol
thats pretty much average for any RB26 with a pair of low mounts. Would be great fun to drive :) Would make it a low 11, possible high 10 second car with some minor supension adjustments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:50 pm 
Twin T04

Car: R34 GTR Vspec II Nur
Im not interested in getting into another argument here. I know my car is fast and once setup will be fast around the track regardless of what you all think. I've never once said itll be great as is all ive said is it feels quite similar to my 180 handling wise and ill continue sticking to that.

Cypher, just because 1:07 has been achieved in an almost stock car by 1 (or a few) doesnt mean the average person can do it so please stop talking about it as though this is the bench mark everyone needs to strive for. I guarantee you would not be able to get anywhere near that time in a stock silvia.

Oh and Anthony, that autosports car can be used as an example, because the originating comment was a silvia with an rb cant turn, simple as that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:57 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 200sx s14a
i think reaper is upset :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:57 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Anything can be made to turn with enough money thrown at it.

Also the originating comment was that putting an RB into an S-chassis is detrimental to handling. You were saying it wasn't

If the autosports car had an SR in it, it probably would be alot quicker around the track if the SR had the same power, or equivalently fast with alot less power.

Heck I reckon if i had slicks on mine, i'd get near his times with 100rwkw LESS power

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:07 pm 
Twin T04

too_much_boost wrote:
Anything can be made to turn with enough money thrown at it.

Also the originating comment was that putting an RB into an S-chassis is detrimental to handling. You were saying it wasn't

If the autosports car had an SR in it, it probably would be alot quicker around the track if the SR had the same power, or equivalently fast with alot less power.

Heck I reckon if i had slicks on mine, i'd get near his times with 100rwkw LESS power

I have never once said it wasnt, I said it feels very similar to my 180, ive said it still turns fine. Please point out to me where I have said that putting the RB into a silvia had 0 affect on the car. Ive said all along it has an affect, but not a large one, and the pro's far outweigh the cons imo. Thats all ive ever said and ill continue to say this because it is the truth.

The autosports car might be faster with an sr in it, it might also be not and we will never know unless he reverts back to an sr (which I doubt he ever will).

Tim, im not upset I just dont like the fact that people are putting words in my mouth. At the end of the day im happy with my car :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:14 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: 93' 180sx
I think people need to jump off the bandwagon.

everyone here builds their car for their own enjoyment and anyone on here throwing examples of "other" peoples cars and lap times up on here to compete with others should shut the f#@k up unless theyv got their own personal times to brag about.

secondly who gives a crap who did what time or who knows what, most people are happy just driving their car around a track and being content with their own work.

as reaper said he's happy with his car as you all should be with your own instead of playing "whos got the biggest penis".

TOO much competition going on here when it shouldnt have to be.lets all "try" friendly support for fellow club members instead of schoolyard tactics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:16 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
cypher1024 wrote:
ido09s wrote:
...We dont care for circuit times, and even if we did, as long as my over powered S14 crosses the line before your under powered SR it still makes it quicker on the circuit doesnt it! Last i checked the stop watch stops at the start/finish line!!

Do a 1:07 (or better) at Wakefield and you win.
Why dont you if you care about it so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:17 pm 
Quad T78

stallion180 wrote:
I think people need to jump off the bandwagon.

everyone here builds their car for their own enjoyment and anyone on here throwing examples of "other" peoples cars and lap times up on here to compete with others should shut the f#@k up unless theyv got their own personal times to brag about.

secondly who gives a crap who did what time or who knows what, most people are happy just driving their car around a track and being content with their own work.

as reaper said he's happy with his car as you all should be with your own instead of playing "whos got the biggest penis".

TOO much competition going on here when it shouldnt have to be.lets all "try" friendly support for fellow club members instead of schoolyard tactics.
WORD......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:18 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

I reckon competition is a good thing. It makes people push themselves harder and improve at whatever they are doing.

Also i'm not being unfriendly at all, and i'm sure that reaper knows this. I'm known as an SR fanboi. I have 4 SR cars at the moment, so its all fun and games as far as i'm concerned. Only one idiot in this thread got personal and it wasn't me

Oh, and I have the times to back up my claims

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:34 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: 93' 180sx
I know you werent being unfriendly TMB and i also know you have the times to back up your claims.

i was refering to those that are quick to add a negative comment with their only proof to back themselves up being someone elses times and figures.

im all for competition, but not when it turns derogatory. i noticed this at the dyno night, i didnt pull a very high figure for my setup (171kw) and most knew id only just bolted in the new turbo without the fuel system and ecu being installed but most were extremely posotive,friendly and offering great advice for future developments.

that to me is what a club is all about, its motivates people to impove and continue to participate......ripping into someone to make yourself believe your own opinions is not.

most of the people in this thread understand that...others unfortunately dont

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:18 pm 
Quad T78

too_much_boost wrote:
Also i'm not being unfriendly at all, and i'm sure that reaper knows this. I'm known as an SR fanboi. I have 4 SR cars at the moment, so its all fun and games as far as i'm concerned. Only one idiot in this thread got personal and it wasn't me

Yes you do have the times to back it up, No ones knocking how fast you are.

I love my SR's as you and brett know, My S14 handels and bracks better than bretts, but its got power and its fun to drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:22 pm 
Twin T04

JayS14 wrote:
too_much_boost wrote:

Yes you do have the times to back it up, No ones knocking how fast you are.

I love my SR's as you and brett know, My S14 handels and bracks better than bretts, but its got power and its fun to drive.

Thanks juzzo, I wish my car bracked and handeled aswell

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:49 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
hugs?

I'm fairly fed up with these threads.

It's simple:

1) add weight at the front end
2) play with bar and spring rates
3) car now turns in and carries the same corner speed with the arse dragging as a well balanced car will with the arse end hooked up. This type of setup can be quick around WP. I know, as i've just described my skyline.

This is the point where all the guys with rb's chime in and say how well they handle. It's also why you can get away with it in a street or drift car.

4) Enter OP south and turns 1-4 (if you don't know this series of corners, do some research)
5) Train wreck as far as times go.

The problem is that you can't carry the same speed with the arse dragging if you need to change direction quickly. You are immediately at a disadvantage as the compromise in your setup is exposed.

All that said, i really couldn't give a fuck what engine you decide to install in your S car. If you're happy with it then that's great. Just don't try to tell me that it handles as well as it did with the SR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:54 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 200sx s14a
i think for what Brett is using it for it's perfect.
He doesn't have to weight shift as much when hes driftin!!!!

:D

Last edited by tim200sx on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next