Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:06 pm 
T28 Hybrid

just got my exhaust from liverpool. Its a 3" system turbo back,
when i accelerate from standstill up a hill, a rattling sound is comming from what i think is the turbo/dump. Any ideas on how to rectify that? i assume the guy who installed it may have left out a bracket? or should have put one in somewhere towards the front.....
any ideas?

sounds sorta really loose/bad if i try and make the sound on purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:37 pm 
TO4

Car: S14a
hey matt, its andrew with the red s14.. does the exhaust sound really loud? almost rotor like? My exhaust decided to unbolt itself a week ago between the front pipe and cat, although i noticed that it got louder and louder each time i thought nothing of it until it was too late of course :roll: Anyhow i just put the car on some jack stands and bolted it all back on and everything is sweet again. I can thank a certain shopping centre car park for scraping my exhaust so badly for his to happen :cry: Look under the car and check everything is tight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:47 pm 
T28 Hybrid

hey man,
yeah im hoping its just a couple of bolts... ill have a quick look, but its sorta hard, really need a damn hoist...
rattling sound is now also occuring when the car revs above 4000, when i really jump on the accl.

far out, only got the exhaust a couple of hrs ago. power is definately on tap, and yeah really loudish, and almost rotor like

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:30 pm 
T25

mm...interesting, where did u get your exhaust done again Andrew? hehe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:42 pm 
TO4

yeah matt, it was a real bitch to crawl underneath the car, if u can make it back to livo exhausts then i suggest u do it ASAP before it gets any worse.

Jimmy, could be a coincidence but mine was because my car almost got stuck on the stupid speed hump/ramp combination in the car park :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:12 am 
T25

Oh I see u got your exhaust done at everloose exhaust too...oops sorry I meant liverpool exhaust...haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:45 pm 
T28 Hybrid

will let u know how i go this arvo, taking it back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:46 am 
T28 Hybrid

took it back, and after 2 hrs it was fixed.
1) it was touching the rear sway bar when going over big bumps.
2) the o2 sensor wasnt screwed in all the way. The pipe was removed and the bloke re-tapped it for a flush fit.
now its problem free..... for now anyway.

what air filter should i fit now? was thinking k&n

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:10 am 
TO4

hey matt, good to hear it was fixed.. its a bit of a worry though that they didn't do it right the first time. Well personally when it comes to air filters i dont think that a certain brand name will make THAT much of a difference because alot of the time people (including myself) install one and not worry about making a cold air partition for it, im not sure if it even made me lose kw's rather than gain due to all the hot air. Call me ricey but i just like to hear the induction noise/turbo spool and i couldn't really tell the difference since i got the air filter a few hours after picking up my car.

Take a look at this site, it might help you decide which one to buy:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

By the way how much was the exhaust? mild or stainless since my bro is looking to get one for his s15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:43 am 
T28 Hybrid

i was thinking of making a partition for it. theres a few diy kits on the unique website... mebbe u can get one too, and we'll fit them in some time : )

it was 1200. stianless muffler and cat, the rest of the pipes were mild.
personally if i was to do it again. Id buy the hks or copy of a similar twin "non" turbulence front pipe.. then get the rest done by livepool.

this systme will do the job for now, can feel a pretty big difference. track day on thurs. u comming?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:42 pm 
TO4

i dont really recommend the unique cold air partition unless theyve changed it some how, because whilst my mate was working there we did find out that they get the materials from clark rubber for about $20! We paid a visit to Clark Rubber in Auburn and found a huge roll of the same stuff there so I suggest just purchasing the material and cutting out your own template which i suppose may be pretty hard to get perfect, but with the money you'd spend at unique for the same thing, I guess you can afford to make a few mistakes and still be on top :wink:

I would love to go on a track day, still havent been able to go to one but I cant afford to take a day off work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:10 pm 
T28 Hybrid

hahah, after looking at the pics again.. i went to the harware store to look for the material. Couldnt find it there but was thinking of where to look. hehrae clark rubber sounds like where ill be going soon then. : ) thanks

whats ur icq man? 914992. sned me a prank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:45 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: S15
I hope this is of some help.

$8.95 for half a meter from Clark Rubber.

http://www.chrislow.com/heat_shield.html

Chris

Post subject: EXHAUST FOR S15
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:08 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: s15
I HAVE RECENTLY JUST FITTED AN AUSTRALIAN MADE SYSTEM FROM QLD, A PLACE CALLED CES RACING EXHAUSTS,ABSOLUTE WORK OF ART NON TURBULENCE DUMP PIPE HPC COATED ,CENTRE MUFFLER(HANDMADE) HIGH FLOW 3" CAT CONVERTER,AND N1 STYLE REAR CANON MUFFLER WHICH IS AT AN ANGLE AND LOOKS SUPERB AND IF UR WORRIED ABOUT NOISE U CAN REQUEST A RESONATOR AT NO EXTRA COST WHICH U CAN EASILY BOLT IN AND OUT OF THE REAR MUFFLER LIKE A INSERT TO QUIETEN THE CAR DOWN.
PERFORMANCE GAIN IS AROUND 40-50KW AT REAR WHEELS(DYNO PROVEN) AND THIS SYSTEM WILL COST U AROUND $2200 DELIVERED TO UR DOOR. :D

Post subject: ADDITIONS TO CES RACING
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:14 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: s15
OH AND ALMOST FORGOT MAYBE A WEB SITE ADDRESS WUD HELP ANYONE INTERESTED ITS WWW.CESRACING.COM.AU
AND EVERY S15 EXHAUST IS IDENTICAL SO U DOTN HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MODIFICATION JUST A MATTER OF UNBOLTING THE OLD AND BOLTING THE NEW ONE UP,TOO EASY!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next