Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm 
T51

Car: S14a
~bb~ wrote:
i wont front as they already stick out something to do with my wheel studs were hacksawed so the bolts would look pretty when screwed on (errrrr dangerous much?)

but i already know the rear will need spacers, as the stocko's sit inside the guard a bit.

i have 25mm spacers exactly! :D
will i need to roll the guards? the front are already but the rears arn't.

Considering I dont know how wide/what offset or what tyres/ride height your running that is almost impossible to answer..

In regards to your wheel studs.. that sounds stupidly bodgy.. I'd replace every single one of those hacksawed studs ASAFP
(whats ASAFP? as soon as f**king possible) because there has to be a reason your front wheels are sticking out..
With rolled guards & tempe wheels there is slim to no chance those wheels are filling your guards..
I'd look closer into this if I were you as you may find that your wheels are not sitting on your hubs properly...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:45 pm 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
Shypo wrote:

Considering I dont know how wide/what offset or what tyres/ride height your running that is almost impossible to answer..

In regards to your wheel studs.. that sounds stupidly bodgy.. I'd replace every single one of those hacksawed studs ASAFP
(whats ASAFP? as soon as f**king possible) because there has to be a reason your front wheels are sticking out..
With rolled guards & tempe wheels there is slim to no chance those wheels are filling your guards..
I'd look closer into this if I were you as you may find that your wheels are not sitting on your hubs properly...

i bought wheel studs to replace them, but when the time came (its only the front) the standard wheel studs were alot smaller than the ones hacksawed :S and they're actually welded onto the plate from behind..
they're not sticking out stupidly, they are cause there is spacers on them atm. when i get the new wheels put on ill have the guys have a look at them and see what i should do. maybe they can just have a nut that fits on well, its not bent or anything. just a little bit has been cut off.. but your right, it is very bodgy. No idea why the previous owner did it..

anywho! in regards to rolling the guards, they are 18" x 8", with 235/40/18 tyres with a +40" offset. its lowered an inch..thats all i know LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:05 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: Zenki S14
~bb~ wrote:
anywho! in regards to rolling the guards, they are 18" x 8", with 235/40/18 tyres with a +40" offset. its lowered an inch..thats all i know LOL

No your rear guards won't require rolling to avoid scrubbing the guards with that width/offset/tyre. You have mentioned previously that you have coilovers installed if I remember correctly? If that is the case, you may have clearence issues between your wheels ---> strut.

Something to keep in mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:39 pm 
Twin T51

thanks :) yes to coilovers. makes sense, as there was 19's on them and the fronts were rolled but the rears wern't..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:59 pm 
T66

Car: granpa's jz83 cressida
~bb~ wrote:
they are 18" x 8", with 235/40/18 tyres with a +40" offset....

do you own a honda?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:03 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: 93' 180sx
iv got 18x8 for street driving

17x8.5 F 17x9.5 R for track

nothing wrong with 8 inch width on the street dude :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:21 pm 
T51

Mr Bean wrote:
~bb~ wrote:
they are 18" x 8", with 235/40/18 tyres with a +40" offset....

do you own a honda?

SNAP!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

~bb~ : You wont need any flare or any roll with sizes like that.. & guess what.. You sunk My battleship...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:54 pm 
T88

Car: kouki 14
set sail :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:22 pm 
Quad T78

~bb~ wrote:
Jays14, did you just draw that specifically for the thread LOL
and read this all?
i'm assuming boredom. :)

(1) No i didnt draw it, i can bearly use a computer.
(2) Hell no i didnt read it all kinda fliped through it.
(3) +40 is weak and will sit in.
(4) Do something about your studs that is so stupid dodgy, its fucked up and if you dont fix it like now you and idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:47 am 
TO4

Car: Silvia S13 Q
^^^
hey man dont pick on bree.. shes a champ

Scotty..[/quote]

Why jump out of a perfectly good aircraft... Cause the door was open
www.simplyskydive.com - come, enjoy, seize the day and live life to the fullest..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:13 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
with dodgy wheel studs and honda offset wheels.

if the studs have been welded in there,you're going to need new front hubs. $250 odd each at trade from nissan.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:39 am 
Twin T51

Im bringing the studs to when they go to put the tyres on and see if they can do anything about it. its just the front ones that are like that, and im liturally scraping money out of my ass im that broke at the moment for new hubs..ill see if they can possibly detach them in any way or form, but chance is 1% lol..

thanks Scotty :( im only asking for members help.. i didnt ask for my car to have hacksawed wheel studs, i didnt even know untill we took the front wheels off. or for a honda offset.. i just wanted something thats legal incase of an acco while im still on my greens, but now im tempted to not even put pictures up cause all ill get is shit remarks anyway.

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:08 am 
T88

Car: kouki 14
with the "keeping it legal" thing

m fairly sure seeing as your driving a prohibited vehicle insurance is void anyway (or at least they will try very hard)

also apparntly they cannot deny your insurance claim due to modifications aslong as the mods didnt cause the accident. something to do with section 42 or something. ll double check when i get to work though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:30 am 
Twin T51

(Locky) wrote:
with the "keeping it legal" thing

m fairly sure seeing as your driving a prohibited vehicle insurance is void anyway (or at least they will try very hard)

also apparntly they cannot deny your insurance claim due to modifications aslong as the mods didnt cause the accident. something to do with section 42 or something. ll double check when i get to work though

Thanks Locky.
I'm still covered even though im prohibitly driving the vehicle as im listed as the 2nd driver with the insurance company, there actually is a loop-hole with that dad found out. He got Shannons (the insurnace company im with) to have a signed letter saying im covered driving this vehicle as the 2nd driver, regardless of it being on the prohibited vehicle list for provisional drivers.

otherwise i wouldnt be bothering with all this legal crap.
and its something to do with the offset then the arms / speedo being out / wheel alignment / putting more strain on other parts of the car they can get you by when you have an acco, same with bald tyres etc etc. IF they can be bothered going into that depth, which happened to me when i wrote off my previous car and they almost sued me :( this is why im so worried, i don't want to go through all that legal side of things again, i lost 5 grand cause of that last time, i happened to hit a dickhead who even went to throw a punch at me right infront of cops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:46 pm 
Twin T04

Car: 92 Silvia Q, 93 180sx
What happens when your wheel comes off from dodgy studs and the car careens into a pedestrian then? Does your 3rd party also cover you if you are driving a prohibited automobile?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next