Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:26 pm 
T25

Hi guys,

Well nobody knows me here but I own a Sil-Eighty and well... I crashed it and pretty much destroyed the front-end along wif the engine.

It's not insured so I have to fork the bill which is gonna cost me HEAPS.

Well, I thought of getting an S13 half cut and found one place offering roughly $4,500 including engine and gearbox. Is this a good price? I've already tried SSS Auto and Auto Disposals but they don't have any AT ALL.

Well here's another thing... since my front end's demolished, I was thinking this may be a good time to do a strawberry face on it. PROBLEM: I phoned Skyline Imports and they no longer provide the kit to interstate because it's been copied and they're all pissed off about it.

Well there's no way I can drive to Brisbane wif my car in the current state so I was wondering does anyone know of any places in Sydney that provide the COPIED strawberry kit? I don't care if it's not the original, as long as it looks good and all.

Please, any info regarding s13 front cuts and the strawberry face would be nice. I'm really pissed off at myself for getting into this situation in the first place (it was all my fault, no one else to blame).

I'm really desperate right now as not only have I lost my pride and joy, it's gonna send me broke fixing it, not to mention the hassle of getting all the parts which seems so hard to get right now.

Finally, I'm in serious need of money. I'm a professional web developer for the last 3 years so if anyone wants (or you know of anybody) a fully database-driven website or just want their front page redesigned, please let me know because I can do with the money right now and I'm willing to charge rock-bottom rates. It may be I'll need to sell my cheeks at XCross! ;)

Sorry about the long email, I'm just so desperate and angry and pissed off and stressed out. Seems nothing's going my way.

Well, thanks for listening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:30 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
bummer dude!
sorry to hear it.

Maybe you can sell some of the parts that have survived anyway, to help offset the cost a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:13 pm 
T25

Thanx, DumHed. I can tell ya, it's one of the worst feelings in the world... just one of absolute hopelessness.

Well, I was kinda hoping to re-use what parts I can salvage. I still wanna keep the car. The backend is fine, it's just the front...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 6:33 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
yeah, I mean if you get a front cut you should have heaps of left overs that are ok...

an S15 front went cheap on here a while back.. Could have been nice, but a fair bit of work to swap...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:44 pm 
TO4

Car: S3 rx7 with some forced induction
Hey mate,
Sorry to hear about the crash, ive been close a couple of times too just out of in experience ...

Anyway,
Im about to pull my motor out and am curious, is your gearbox ok ? because if it is, then my motor will be fine.. It needs a new set of rings but it is not a big deal especially when the motor is already out. The turbo boosts fine and does not blow any smoke, and shows no other sign of deterioration.. Full details are in the forsale section but just thought i would let you know incase you dont look there..

exqs_me@hotmail.com if you want to know anymore

Thanks
Daniel