It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:40 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
i want a silvia wrote:
Scathing wrote:
I actually had to cut my numberplates to fit my car.

Frankly, if a car is deemed to comply with all Australian laws (as it was), then surely the onus is on the RTA, not myself, to provide number plates which fit properly? Anyway, back on topic...

It's actually illegal to modify a numberplate in reference to colour, shape, and style.

If you have cut the plate, it's deemed a modification to shape and/or style.

When I was a looser high-schooler I used to go out with a few frienda Thursday, Friday, and saturday and nick as many L and P-platers I could, we used to come home with hundreds of these things.

Then the RTA foiled us, and allowed people to place them on the inside of the vehicle, to be displayed through the window (and not get stolen).

Now the RTA has done a back-flip, and are forcing every single L and P-plater to display their plates on the outside of the vehicle.

Although I believe the plates should be easily visable, I dont agree that they should be forced to be on the outside of the car, this should be up to individual cars.

I also have a friend that had P-plates on his motorbike, got pulled over by a cop looking to cause issues. Eventually, not being able to book my friend for anything else, got him because the top right corner of the P-plate was obscured from vision (this was where the plate was actually screwed in under the numberplate and attached to the vehicle to be at it's most visible).

At this point, because my friend was booked for not displaying or correctly displaying a P-plate, he then removed the plate completely in front of the officer, thanked the officer for his time, and rode off.

Although I repsect the law, and the police upholding the law and our safety, unless the laws are through through, and planned correctly, they are as useful as an import with no engine.

I still stand by my beliefe that the RTA board of law makers must be old farts more interested in motioning and seconding ideas, rather than disussing and debating the laws to make them useful.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:48 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
Magnet wrote:
Yeah, but what if you live in mt druit!

Don't you be dissin' the Druitt, yo!