Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:02 am 
T78 Hybrid

Car: 180SX
Well, I was thinking, we pay a shit load of money for rego and greenslips etc which entitles you to drive on all public roads...
Though if your car is anywhere near modified, no matter how innocently simple (ie pod filter or bov or slightly bigger wheels) there are some spots you simply cannot go to cause you will be defected, cops actually trying to stop you from going there. Example The Gong or Brighton in NSW, now fair enough, the trouble makers and 'full sik hektik bro' type people do cause some shit at these spots, but doesnt you paying your rego and fees give you the God damn right to go wherever you wish?
Coppers asking you "oh you're a fair way from your area, what are you doing round here?" I mean shit, its a public road, I have a license, I can go wherever the fu(k I please :evil: Or am I wrong?

People getting harrased by cops for simply hanging out, not talking about pumping a stereo in a residential zone at 2am, Im talking bout just hanging out with a group of friends with modded cars, just talking and the like and you get done over and harrassed by the piggies for the most stupid of things.
I guess its safe to leave your doors at home unlocked and that the streets are crime free, cause so much attention is being enforced of the true criminals of society, young people with modified cars.

*end rant*

Last edited by 4_SI_WAY on Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:59 am 
T51 Hybrid

Car: Foolly Stock standard S14
Totally true brother........

I mean, they are having operation westside, down in Livos area last weekend, n I had to travelled down there 2 times, and both times, I had
to avoid all the main rd plus an extra 10 to 15mins just to try an avoid
these F@#$ers......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:45 pm 
T78

Car: 1992 Nissan S13 Type-K
Yes, you do have a point and to a certain extent i do Agree but when you think about it.. if those Cops weren't there and no one was around on this dead straight road would you just gun it a little? i am not saying that you will but other people will and the Police believe that if someone does it then the whole entire "Modifying Car culture gets the slap on the wrist"

Alot of Teenagers die each weekend i think its 50%?? i am not sure on the figure but i know that alot of Teenagers die on the Roads from Alcohol, Speeding, driving on Drugs etc etc.. accidents and you have to agree that we do feel a bit invincible sometimes? i can say i do.. i've done some pretty stupid shit lately.. and that is why... but hey that's just my 2cents i can just rant rant all day long.. but it won't change a thing...

DEVIL that's because your Car looks over the Top dude :P your just asking for it..

Anyway.. my Moto is
i think its safe to say.. if we can get the Part fitted.. how come we get defected... imo i would just take around the greenslips and what can you get defected by.. because i bet some of these cops go a bit to far.. to look good to there Chief

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:45 pm 
T03 Hybrid

hehe man you should have put this in the bitching section!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:45 am 
T03 Hybrid

cops in brighton have taken it abit over the top, i was there the other weekend stopped in a no stopping zone, in bay street with my friends car behind me(same one when i got busted), they stop beside me and sound there siren so i move and my friend in his car follows me, they highbeam him to pull over and they start following me the *very nice people*, i pull into a servo and they drive off.

its a hassle to be followed, and they go out of there way to disturb and harrass anyone in a good car, cops around my area could not give a shit if your double parked etc.

[ Edited by mayhem: Mate, take note, this is your LAST warning, you can complain about police, but DO NOT use abusive foul language to do so !!! ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:17 am 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: 2012 Golf TSI... least its boosted!
RAW180 wrote:
hehe man you should have put this in the bitching section!!!!

Nice point... thread has now been moved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:59 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Thankyou, my bad :roll: :oops:

Hey whats the go with the mass views and no replies? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:50 pm 
T78

Car: 1992 Nissan S13 Type-K
Couldn't be bothered to reply because it won't change anything and it is pretty pointless imo! just live with it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:07 pm 
Quad T88

Car: My Feet
IMHO, ppl that go and cruise around brighton and La Parouse (spelling??) are posers and deserve what they get.
If they have $20,000 they can spend on a stereo in a $14K Excel then they can afford a few hundred dollars in fines.
Of course not all ppl that go there are posers but you know what I mean.
Those areas dont have a reputation for no reason.

I agree with you, if you want to drive in those areas you should be able to without getting pulled over, but then again I have to ask why would you want to go there??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:19 am 
T78 Hybrid

I used those areas as an example. I dont go to them areas to be all hard like posing and the like. For example, the other night I took the lady out to dinner and we went to this nice restaurant in Brighton, as Im parking, the disco lights come on and I get defected for my zorst not being standard! :evil: Got it cleared the next day but thats not the point.
I like going to beach areas for walks with the girlie but most the time find myself having to avoid those areas cause of cops.
Doesnt matter where you go, if there is a cop there, you'll get done for one thing or another and it makes me sick the way they question what you are doing round 'these' parts if you are not from the area. Like I said to the cop that day b4 I got fined for the front bar being to low, 'mate, not offence, but I got a license and a car and I'll go wherever I like'. Cop wasnt too impressed by it :roll: :evil: :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:24 am 
Quad T78

Car: Silvia
4_SI_WAY wrote:
Like I said to the cop that day b4 I got fined for the front bar being to low, 'mate, not offence, but I got a license and a car and I'll go wherever I like'. Cop wasnt too impressed by it :roll: :evil: :x

ROFL. Nice one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:40 am 
T78 Hybrid

Thanks bud :) Honestly but, it had been the third time in a week I had been pulled over and asked that question. So I felt like giving him my honest feelings hence the quote.
I mean fu(k, are we only aloud to drive close to our homes? Some of these "law enforcers" are retards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:32 am 
T03 Hybrid

i just read about the final warning, sorry mayhem if ive made any other abusive posts about the police between the final warning and now.

its not worth acting hard in brighton, the areas messed up when it comes to people acting hard there (acting being the operative word).

does anyone know if theres a legit reason for our friends in blue to follow us around for abit before making a decision to pull us over?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:04 pm 
Twin T78

Car: The QIKmobile
They are usually running a rego check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:16 am 
T78 Hybrid

They've got a list, they check it twice, making sure who's naughty and nice, then they issue defects all round :cry:

:P :P