Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: WAKEFIELD!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:32 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: Zenki S14
The last couple of days have been FULL on, however have been memorable and a hell of an experience!

I packed the car with tools, fluids and anything else I thought may of been of use, packed my bags and set off on Wednesday afternoon following work to fight the peak hour traffic to grab a nights rest at my cousins place in Chipping Norton for an early start to Thursday morning.

We woke to a cool morning, clear and dry. What a great combination for a beginners track day! But it simply wasn’t to be. About 30 minutes north of Goulburn on the Hume Hwy, the clouds started to form and the sky darkened as below...

From there it got worse weather wise, by 8.20am when we arrived at Wakefield Park on Goulburn’s outskirts the weather was dismal, cold and VERY wet!

But my enthusiasm wasn’t to be dampened! First street car session of the day and I was in the pit lane line up, a million things rushing through my head and be it that it was my first circuit outing ever, I decided to take to the track very gingerly to get a feel for it all. On a very wet track, complete with standing water and puddles I had a ball and it was exercise in car control and opposite lock. But unsurprisingly, times were very average due to my inexperience and track conditions. Times were in the mid 1min 30s’ with a best of 1:32.6.

Second and third sessions of the day were held before morning, they were still wet but I’d begun to learn the layout of the track and there was a driver on track driving his Boxter that happens to be a Driver Trainer at Wakefield, so I followed him as best I could to pickup some of his lines. This resulted in a spin  and some learning with a best time of 1:21.4 as some of the lines were semi dried with heat from the vehicles. But most impressive, was a big spin and off prior to the fish hook that with the drivers side window down helmet visor up, resulted in a face full of mud and grass. :)

All muddy'd up, ready to be high pressure washed!!!

Lunch was had and I contemplated about the fun I’d had and where I could improve. With that, the rain stopped like someone had flicked a switch and with that the track started to dry out. With a mostly dry Wakefield with the odd damp patch, I started working on improving my braking points and corner speed, this resulted in a 1:19.4.
With a 3 and a half hour drive ahead of me home, I decided that if the next street car session was completely dry I’d take that as my final session of the day and hence make the most of it all. I spoke with the driver training boys prior to heading out and found I was being overly cautious and braking into corners where I should at most simply be lifting or even holding flat. Having to rely moreso upon the cars inherent mechanical grip.

With this new found knowledge, I took to the track following my dose of brave pills and found that my braking in the kink leading upto turn two was hurting my times. So I took to only lifting at most from 175KM/h and moving from right to left to allow straight braking into the sharp right hander turn two. The other area that I gained was the final turn, turning much later into the turn allowed me to straighten earlier onto the straight and pickup more speed down the main straight. This was by far my most enjoyable session of the day in the dry and resulted with a 1:15.8 best lap and consistent 1:16’s. Overall I was happy and learnt a thing or two. :)

I had the most fun I’d EVER had in a vehicle over my 9 years of driving! What’s more I’m itching to get back down there and try my hand at Wakefield again, I could see myself dipping into high 1:13’s in the S14’s current state of modification and Kumho KU31’s.

The day out highlighted a number of areas I was not fully aware of, these were:

- The S14 had what I felt was enough power for my skill levels around Wakefield (despite stock boost solenoid installed, injectors, tune etc.)
- The Kumho KU31’s had alot more sidewall flex in 235/45/R17’s than I would have imagined
- The factory ‘LSD’ in the dry single legged everytime out of the fish hook
- An alloy radiator may be a wise investment as if I pushed harder than two consecutive laps, the radiator lost coolant by pushing it into and then out of the radiator overflow bottle
- My driving requires a smoother touch but should come with experience
- I want to go again ASAP!!!

In other news, the car survived, I had fun and I’ll be bringing it to the LOWDOWN meet on Sunday.

More excitingly, my cars been accepted to be displayed at the Sydney All Japan Day (AJD) May 1st! It’ll be my first car show! Fun Fun!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:52 pm 
T03

Car: s14
Hi Grant, just noticed you've got a build thread here too whilst procrastinating and not being very productive with study. i miss this car so much! sorry Grant lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:46 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: A31 Drift pig
Hey Grant, It was great catching up with you on the weekend :) I like how the car is coming along!

S12, N14 SSS, A31 Cefiro, B2 180sx, JZZ30, R33, S14A, A31, R34

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:47 am 
T04 Hybrid

ky0 wrote:
Hi Grant, just noticed you've got a build thread here too whilst procrastinating and not being very productive with study. i miss this car so much! sorry Grant lol

No dramas Kyle, :D

I can understand the thought behind missing a Silvia post ownership. I was very much the same when the S14a was sold. I definately have a love/hate relationship with this S14. Mostly love though... :P

- Love how reliable it is...
- Love that the project is taking shape
- Enjoy that despite not being the fastest, best handling or looking, I still enjoy driving her!

- Hate the VCT rattle shes developed
- That the body is SO rough
- That it lacks mid range punch (for now)

Phillb wrote:
Hey Grant, It was great catching up with you on the
weekend :) I like how the car is coming along!

You too Phillbo! The cars got some way to go, however is taking shape all the same! Look forward to seeing you in April at my first NSCC event! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:19 pm 
T04 Hybrid

As some of you who have been following my build may have come to know, last Saturday I'd owned this S14 for 1 year to the day!

Happy Birthday Silvia...

So how else to celebrate but go for a drive and pickup some parts... :)

Now up until now, I've not chased increased power in any way. It would have been nice, however thought I'd get to know the cars full potential first and further increase my driving skills.

I'm fairly happy with the cars handling, braking and 'chuckability'! With the first birthday, I made a number of enquires which lead to the S14 being booked into Unigroup Engineering in the capable hands of Yavuz for April 18th. The SR20 will be given a boost in power and most importantly torque in the form of additional boost and ignition timing through a Nistune install and tune. With standard T28 turbo, cams and manifolds I'll be aiming for a reliable 185+RWKW and most importantly mid-range 'punch'.

So I purchased a set of S15 injectors with factory rail...

But it just so happened, I had a mate with an S15 who heard of my plans, who had upgraded to 1200cc injectors to serve E85. He gave me a set of unknown sized Siemens Deka side-feed injectors at an awesome price that he had removed that had flowed enough pump fuel to power 275RWKW! More than enough to feed my SR20, so with that I'll take both sets of injectors to Yavuz and see which he'd perfer to tune with, then sell the other set off.

To ensure no hiccups come tune time, I purchased a genuine new JECS/Nissan Z32 AFM for increased tuning resolution and airflow with an 80mm inlet vs. 65mm SR20 AFM inlet.

Next on the list was a Tomei Z32 plug to suit the new Z32 AFM and black silicon elbowed piping to knock up a metal intake pipe to ensure the air intake pipe doesn't suck shut under higher boost levels/under bonnent temps.

So by my birthday over the Easter long weekend, I ought to have my car back as a much better overall package! Heres hoping!!!

The only downside to all of this? That i'll get my car back on a double demerit weekend! :O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:12 pm 
T04 Hybrid

So with my impending tune on the 18th at Unigroup it was time to tie up the loose ends and finalise everything for the 1.5 hour drive down to the tuners workshop. So first on the list was to install the Greddy/Trust Profec EBC I had in my stash of car related parts that are cloughing up the garage. :)

To save on labour costs and be it that up until this point, I'd done everything expect the roof paint, I thought I'd get the boost controller installed and functioning prior to it going to the tuners. I've set the gain at a good compromise, whereby boost comes on quickly but is now not spiking. I have however set the controller for both low and high settings at their lowest points until the car is run on the dyno and tuned.

EBC installed...

EBC lit up...

My Z32 AFM, black silicon angled piping and Z32 AFM plug each turned in the mail, so I got to piecing together my new hard intake piping to suit the larger Z32 AFM tract and avoid the 'squishy' OEM rubber intake sucking shut at higher boost levels. With materials including silicon joiners, hose clamps and metal intake came to the grand total of $67.00, with the added bonus of being all black in colour, beats the hell out of a couple of hundred dollars worth of brand name hard intake/suction kit.

New intake piping to replace the OEM rubber piping, should flutter well with no BOV?!

Here you can see the bends required in the silicon piping to fit the S14 engine bay...

Next up, I went on the hunt for an adaptor to mate the Z32 AFM to my exsisting pod filter. Upon putting out the call out, Dave 'Spools' offered his Apexi pod filter that bolts directly to the Z32 AFM, no adaptor required, as seen in the pic below. This got the intake side of things sorted, a big shout out to Dave indeed!

All going well, the car will be dropped at the tuners on Monday following the weekend, hoping that the car is given a clean bill of health and all goes well with the tune.

Fingers crossed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:54 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Well it's been a mixed kind of couple of weeks...

I've been busy with family and work commitments over the past couple of weeks, which was great as I was without my car... Boo!!!

It was however in great hands at Unigroup out at Girraween to those who don't know. The car was dropped of to Unigroup on the 18th with the hope that I'd have it back in time for the Easter long weekend and double demerits. It however wasn't to be.

The car was originally an auto and still retained the auto ECU, this caused problems when Yavuz installed the manual NIStune board. After much mucking around, an S14 manual ECU was installed, NIStune installed and car tuned.

We opted for S15 manual injectors (440cc) with a Z32 AFM and no blow off valve. With this combo, combined with standard turbo, manifolds and cams, the car made a reliable and responsive 203rwkw!!! I was stoked, as I was expecting a figure of 185rwkw, as when I handed the car to Yavuz, I requested a strong midrange and reliable tune over numbers.

Graph below:

That has increased power from 128rwkw to a much more responsive and heavier hitting 203rwkw for the sum of $1997.00! Including injectors, tune and AFM! For that, I feel it was money very well spent, as the car now feels a much more complete package!

It wasn't without fault though, the standard 17 year old coilpacks didn't like being boosted above 18psi, higher boost levels, combined with higher rpm results in the SR missing. So I'm on the hunt for a replacement set of coilpacks. If anyone knows of any, please let me know.

The car is COMPLETELY transformed and I have no regrets of my latest round of modifcations. Punching out of corners is now EXCITING and the midrange is a great match for the added grip the car has received in previous rounds of modifcation!

I've also picked up and installed a Trust/Greddy gear knob for better shift feel and weighted gear changes.

Also, I've ordered and soon to receive an ASI alloy radiator to better maintain consistent engine temps. It's a dual core 42mm radiator that will be replacing the standard 28mm rad, so should hopefully do its job.

I am booked into the Nissan Sport Car Club's (NSCC) next track outing at Wakefield Park on May 29th, so it gives me a deadline to have the coilpacks, rear brake pads and radiator installed and sorted and something to really look forward too!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:00 pm 
T03

Car: 1998 200sx S14a
hey man, think i saw your car at unigroup it was a green-ish s14 like yours!

i dropped off my s14a 4 days ago, looks nice and neat!. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:50 pm 
T04 Hybrid

FuknPknBro wrote:
hey man, think i saw your car at unigroup it was a green-ish s14 like yours!

i dropped off my s14a 4 days ago, looks nice and neat!. :D

That would have been mine. Which S14a was yours that was Unigroup?

As for 'nice and neat', the car looks good from-a-far, but is far-from-good!

As part of my planning/recent direction to keep the car alittle more inconspicuous and ‘legal’. I went about making up an airbox to house the pod filter that the police so love to defect. So out came some Gal sheet metal I had lying about, tin snips, satin black/clear paint and rubber stripping to result in the following...

Excuse the finger prints and dirty appearance...

I had the courier arrive at work yesterday just after 2.30pm, it was my ASI alloy radiator.

New shiny engine bling.... Oh may keep things cooler also?!

Full of excitement, I finished my work early and made for home, inspected the contents of the box to find the welds of suitable quality, however not outstanding (but for the money it would seem a great investment). I hurriedly jacked the car up, drained the near new coolant (replaced only weeks ago, prior to the last track day) and removed the OEM fan shroud and radiator.

OEM radiator and shroud...

Here you can see the difference in thickness between the OEM radiator and the new alloy radiator. 28mm single core vs 42mm dual core radiator.

Be it that it was my first time trying my hand at an aftermarket radiator install, I couldn’t get the radiator and fan shroud in together. Frustratingly, I could easily fit the thicker than standard radiator or the OEM shroud, however no go for the two fitted together! I took a break, and came back to it later after having a think; I bolted the shroud to the radiator outside of the vehicle, after some manipulation, wiggling and some swearing. In it slotted!!! Success!!!

All fitted and snug fitting, clearing the SR20 rocker cover with all of about 7mm clearance and next to no clearance between the clutch fan and shroud...
Alloy radiator installed...

It should be noted, that an upgrade of 52mm (10mm thicker) alloy radiators are readily available in the aftermarket for the Silvia range. However, I’ve read/heard in the instance of the thicker radiator being used with the SR20, the OEM fan shroud can’t be used/has to modified. IMHO the extra 10mm radiator WITHOUT shroud isn’t of benefit over 42mm radiator sizing including OEM shroud that offers better cooling.

A final check of all plugs/hoses and fitting points, along with shortening the top radiator hose by 20mm to accommodate the extra thickness, it was time to fill the cooling system with a coolant/water mixed at a 50% ratio for a higher boiling point.

A bleed of the cooling system to ensure no pockets of air were trapped and the car was drivable.

Furthermore, a poly-carbonate (plastic) Hi Octane radiator air guide came up cheap. Now to be completely honest, I’ve always been sceptical of their merit. However a reduced price over retail, the benefit of tidying up the engine bay, somewhat hiding the FMIC for view with engine bay open. If it does as claimed and guides cool airflow toward the radiator, it’ll be win-win!

Engine bay as it stands (minus a wash/detail)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:37 am 
T03

Car: 1998 200sx S14a
Hey Man,

my car was the riviera blue s14a, i also saw a maroon/red s14 no front bar and white s15 there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:48 pm 
T04 Hybrid

I had time on my side before the next track day on May 29th.

So with that in mind, I decided to make some changes that I’d been wanting to, but had put on the back burner.

The first of which was to tighten up the factory viscous LSD differential. As an ex auto S14, it has a a slightly shorter (read: better for acceleration/response) final drive ratio of 3.9 vs. ADM 3.7 manual models.

As indicated by my goals/modification ‘wish list’ listed in this threads first post, I plan on purchasing a 1.5 way mechanical LSD. However, at over $1200 new vs. Under $50 to shim an R200 from start to finish if I DIY’d I thought, why the hell not?!

I followed the following guides posted on the web...
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/164288-diydiff-shimming-for-r33-gtst/
http://forums.d1nz.com/viewtopic.php?t=9610&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=3fb5f35f7da2ea93ad6c0a5e3afb93c8
http://www.brunsolutions.com.au/?p=22

The factory R200 viscous diff comes fitted with two shims, both 0.8mm in thickness, totalling 1.6mm. I calculated the additional shim size I’d require to add further preload on the diff and tighten the unit as a whole would be an additional 1.0mm. Giving a total of just over 2.6mm, as I had been told that adding preload to the total of 3.0mm and above would almost lock the diff and create understeer. Not ideal for circuit and corner work. Now allowing for wear of the standard shims over the cars 17 years of use, I thought it best to order just slightly larger, hence a 1.10mm shim....

The shim in question, direct from Nissan with part # FYI... At $9.90 in total, a great way to improve the diff drive and tighten it up....

Upon draining the diff oil, I proceeded to remove the diff carrier from the car, as seen below...

Leading to this....

Upon removing the diff center from it’s housing, I found paint marker on some of the components. Never a good sign, as it means someone has already had the diff open...
Once apart, I pulled out both shims and grabbed the verniers. They measured 1.2mm & 0.75mm, totalling 1.95mm. So short of the desired 2.5 odd mm preload I required. However when adding the additional 1.1mm shim purchased, it would sit me a shade over 3.0mm and closing in on double the factory preload.

Time to get it all back together, for this I used Nulon 80-140W fully synthetic diff oil for heavy loads and high temps.... It took 1.3L in total...

Results? Well the purpose of this modification was to stop the Silvia single wheeling and increase drive and forward motion upon corner exit. Has it succeeded? A HUGE resounding yes! All the while, doing it very cheaply, increasing lock for sum of $59.90 including materials and consumables, plus my time. Following on though, at low speed driving the inner wheel chirps and hops, and at hair pins the nose pushes wide and requires some further throttle to get the car around tight, slow bends.

If I had my time again, would I shim the diff? Yes, but with no more than 2.5mm total shim.

Overall though, a worthwhile modification that has given the car a more planted feel and better high speed cornering capability.

Whilst the car was jacked up, I fitted up a new pair Lucas TRW brake pads in the rear. They don’t offer a great deal of initial pedal feel/bite but are rated up to 650 degrees celcius and highly fade resistant.

I’ve ordered and awaiting delivery of a set of HELs braided brake lines with stainless steel fitting to finish the brake setup.

Bring on the 29th and my next track day outing!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:31 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Well what a weekend I’ve just had! In preparation of the Nissan Sports Car Club (NSCC) Wakefield Park track day, I gave the whole car the once over and intended to install the HELs braided brake lines I had ordered and received to replace the 17 year old rubber brake lines.

But see here for install woes, ended up running OEM rubber lines this time around....
http://forum.silviansw.com/viewtopic.php?t=35081

So with tools and car packed, my dad and I set off to Goulburn, destination Wakefield Park. We made the wise choice of staying down onsite at Wakefield Park accommodation to save the red eye drive from Sydney first thing on the morning of the event.

After catching up with some of the club members for dinner and drinks at the Astor hotel in Goulburn, it was off to bed to try and catch some shut eye for the impending track day.
We woke early to a cool and foggy morning but dry, always a plus!

Once the car went through scrutineering and the drivers briefing was out of the way, the driver sessions began. First session I went out with Sam (SAMB87), I started out fairly soft as since my first and previously only circuit outing at Wakefield in March, the car had undergone a large amount of change and was a different car to drive. The S14 had a substantial increase in torque and a huge gain of 37% in power. The diff and brake setup was also substantially different since my last outing. So I had to adjust my driving to suit.

First session out with a passenger resulted in a 1:14.3. Better my last outing by 1.5 secs. I started to get a feel for the car and its changes and get into the swing of things, only to have a split intercooler pipe put an early end to the session.

Went back to the garage to replace the split rubber joiner between the turbo outlet and hotside intercooler pipe, cleaned up the spark plugs and was eager to get back out there.

Got back out onto the track and although was doing consistent mid to high 1:13’s, the car felt ‘twitchy’ and had some push understeer. I put down the push understeer down to the tight diff, so I had to adjust my driving style, but as for the twitchiness, I checked the tyre pressures and found when hot, all four tyres were reading 42psi. Way to high!

I dropped the pressures to 34 psi hot and front the front end more complient and able to give greater throttle upon passing the corner apex.

Out into the second timed session of the day, the sun had come out at this stage and the track temps rose a couple of degree. This time out, I tried to be smoother and it resulted in a 1:13.10! My aim for the day prior to taking to the track on street rubber was mid 13’s, so I was stoked!

I did find that the car’s temps seemed stable enough, however, the car is losing coolant as it gets hot, it’s pushing the coolant into the overflow bottle and filling up to the brim, then spewing out into the passenger side guard up front.

My guess at this stage, the return line from overflow bottle to the top of the radiator, is either slightly split or not sealing properly and sucking air into the system. Worst case scenario, the head might be lifting from the block and pressurising the cooling system. But one thing at a time.

I topped up the coolant, it took a full litre into the cooling system. Got ready to go back out for the next session. It was a passenger session with no timing, this time around I only had my CMSlap timer to rely upon (which in the previous two NATSOFT timed session were within 100’th of a second). I got strapped in a went back out. This time focusing upon my entrance onto the main straight from turn 10 and only lifting into the kink rather than braking. The car felt good and reeled off a indicated 1:12.9!!! Needless to say, I was happy with my progress, only second time on circuit and on street tyres.

With a 3.5 hour drive ahead of the old man and I, we decided upon one more session and we’d head off. Not abad idea actually as the air temp had dropped and was getting VERY cold!

My last session was fun, without incident and resulted in another 1:13.10.

Hi Kevin...! (Thanks to Patrick Hamilton for the pic...)

I had a ball and met some great like minded people! I’m itching to get back out to Wakefield to better my driving soon enough! I’m hoping to make the June 13th long weekend Circuit Club event if I can manage to budget it. We’ll see.

We really need a motorsport facility on the Central Coast or Newcastle region of NSW. It the 7 hour round trip that’s the downer! :(

Taking from latest outing, I’m happy with the car as a whole and it’s a whole lot of fun!

But as for us enthusiasts, we can always see areas of potential gains. Regarding the S14, I think it will benefit from the follow:
- Stickier tyres without doubt, as the KU31’s sidewalls simply have too much flex and as they heat up get slippery
- A more aggressive alignment as the car is ‘leaning’ onto the outside shoulders of the tyres and chewing them out

I was hugely impressed with the diff shim modifications, the car on the street skips, hops and clunks. But on the track, increased corner exit grip levels, therefore, speed. One of the best modifications I’ve performed thus far!

With more track driving experience, and smoother lines with more accurate braking points and I feel the car in it’s current state would be capable of mid 12’s in my hands. Aiming for 10’s when I upgrade the tyres and alignment.

Fun fun...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:54 am 
TO4

Car: Mazda 3 MPS
Congratulations mate, that's great progress, especially for your second outing!

I'm going to that CC day on the 13th, so let me know if you do end up booking - would be great to say hello.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:07 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Leif wrote:
Congratulations mate, that's great progress, especially for your second outing!

I'm going to that CC day on the 13th, so let me know if you do end up booking - would be great to say hello.

I'm happy with the last outing to Wakefield, times were improved upon, the car ran well and fun was had!

Unfortunately, I won't be making the Circuit Club track day this time around, but will let you know the next time I'm heading out Leif. :)

I woke to a clear day yesterday on a Sunday and decided it a good day to go for a drive. So with the promise of a nice lunch, I coaxed the girly into coming along.

I planned the itinerary (Wisemans Ferry Rd, Wiseman Ferry, Old Northern Rd, Sackville Rd, Sackville Ferry and Putty Rd to the Hunter), gave the car the once over, important, as the last time it was driven was one week before hand in anger at the track. Then on our way...

The RTA’s Putty Road, Route 69. They don’t call it ‘Route 69’ for nothing, great by name, even better by nature! :)

Putty Rd a stretch of over 150KM’s of scenic road that runs between Windsor on Sydney’s outskirts and runs north-west ending in Singleton in NSW’s hunter. Putty Rd offers great diversity with changes in elevation, wide open signposted 100KM/h sweepers through to tight technical double apex corners that snake between gorges and rock walls. All good fun and a great day out if you can spare the time.

I decided to avoid the trip out to Windsor in South-West Sydney, avoiding the F3 Freeway, M2 and M7 motorways. Alternatively travelling to Somersby and jumping onto Wisemans Ferry Rd. From here, catching the 1st Ferry than ajoining Old Northern Rd with some great hairpins, the second ferry of the trip at Sackville was next.

Sackville Ferry, because Silvia's can't swim?!

Then an easy run to the famed Putty Rd.

Stopped at Colo Heights at a lookout... taking it all in.

Onto the Hunter Valley, to a renowned Irish pub ‘Harrigans’ which has a great feel and atmosphere and even better food.

All in all a great day and I’d recommend it to anyone with a free day!

Covering almost 400KM’s without incident, the stage the car sits in modification I love with most aspects of the cars performance addressed to a point I’m reasonably happy with, the more I drive it, the more I grow attached to the Sil. S14 <3 !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:01 am 
T04 Hybrid

So following my last track outing and getting the car onto/off the car trailer, the side skirts had taken a beating and had cracked and scrapped away to bare fibreglass. Time to replace, however, I'd always been in two minds.

Because although I'd always felt the edge sideskirts were an injustice to the S14's side profile and the high sitting rear bar with it's incorporated ADM rear reflectors were 'out of place' I'd always had 'more important/pressing' priorities than address the body work.

I'd purchased the following used body kit parts almost 14 months ago for next to nothing. Rough but usable with some work...

Vertex side skirts to replace the Edge sides and Nismo rear to replace OEM...

All test fitted up, exhaust tip placement is OK. Not too offset/hidden or 'out-there'.

Clear side indicators needed ASAP!

A shot to show the height difference of mixed and matched body parts that will be rectified once all fitted up...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next