All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:17 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180SX
Serial Killa wrote:
~bb~ wrote:
Serial Killa wrote:
Cops busted me sideways out of red rooster at Summer Hill back in my dumber days, they stopped, i drove... they didn't give chase. So lucky

yikes!
I guess it really is to do with luck..
or if they can be bothered. :lol:

bipolardragon, me too. got pulled over for going 20ks over in the wet by a highway and let off when i was on my green ps. didnt ask me to pop my bonnet though lol!

but you hear of cops having their shit days!!

I guess that's what it comes down to!

They must have seen that I was a nerdy looking white guy and had pity.

It was a pretty wicked skid though, maybe that's why :P

Dude, aren't most people that drive 180s pasty white?
I'm sure that's why I got let go though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:11 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
bipolardragon wrote:
Serial Killa wrote:
~bb~ wrote:
Serial Killa wrote:
Cops busted me sideways out of red rooster at Summer Hill back in my dumber days, they stopped, i drove... they didn't give chase. So lucky

yikes!
I guess it really is to do with luck..
or if they can be bothered. :lol:

bipolardragon, me too. got pulled over for going 20ks over in the wet by a highway and let off when i was on my green ps. didnt ask me to pop my bonnet though lol!

but you hear of cops having their shit days!!

I guess that's what it comes down to!

They must have seen that I was a nerdy looking white guy and had pity.

It was a pretty wicked skid though, maybe that's why :P

Dude, aren't most people that drive 180s pasty white?
I'm sure that's why I got let go though. :D

hehe possibly, but I drive an S15

Although, my haircut is respectable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:00 pm 
T25

Car: s15
ah...i got done about 3 weeks ago..just leaving my house to fill up the tank.

got me for pod filter and also wants me to check exhaust isnt too loud..

have to get it inspected by epa real soon. real pain.

yep, was done in leumeah, campbelltown...by hwy patrol..think they knew i was an easy target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:51 pm 
Quad T04

Car: S13 Silvia
Got done for having a very slightly worn seatbelt (which they fined me a stupid ammount of money for, $285) and being too low the other day ($81 or something).

Now the defect report says it must be cleared by a full inspection (the actual defects on the paper are listed as too low, exhaust not comply, seat belt and tyres rubbing).

In a full inspection I imagine they'll check the rest of the car too?

There are tick boxes for the inspection to be done at AIS, ATIS, AUVIS etc but the cop drew his own box and wrote "Carrington RTA". I want to be able to choose where to go! I don't want to have to trek off to some place he chose himself and wrote his own box for...

I can't find jack all info about where the correct AIS might be (can any blueslip guy do it?), does anyone know where it's listed?

Also there are no contact numbers or info on the defect notice itself either!

All in all it's a shit system I must say. I also find it odd that I got two separate fines for things, but not some for others (like the exhaust). It's not like he actually checked the ride height (which he claimed at 50mm, i measured just before and it's around 90mm).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:14 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
See if there's an option to dispute it. The 'I'll write in my own box' thing is bullshit,I'd expect that won't hold up. Give RTA technical a call first and see what they have to say.

If you have an AIS (Authorised inspection station) option available,that's easy,as that's pink slip level,and whoever you take it to is only required to look at the defects.
If they've ticked AUVIS - that's Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection station,which means blue slip,and most likely,they'll go over the whole car.

90mm is still too low. the spec is 100mm min,providing sufficient suspension travel remains,and no parts rub on anything else throughout said travel distance.

the seatbelt might be easy to replace - see if a generic clippan belt will fit.]they're pretty cheap,and ADR compliant.

the system is pretty crap,mainly because it's so open for abuse,as is seeming to happen more and more these days.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:19 am 
Quad T04

Yeah i realise that the car is still illegally low, no complaints. But it IS a bit annoying that he can just say "i see your muffler is 50mm off the ground" and then write that down when the muffler is actually 150mm off the ground (the car is actually too low around the front chassis rails where he didn't even look).

He hasn't ticked AIS or anything, all those boxes are unmarked.

Yeah I'm chasing a seatbelt now for it. The ride height is a 30 minute fix by winding my coilovers up 20mm.

My exhaust should pass a noise test (it's a JASMA system with a huuuuge muffler in it) no worries.

I don't see an option to dispute it, in fact there is bugger all information on the form, it doesn't even have a phone number to call or anything like that on the form itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:45 am 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
i got defected for the first time just over a month ago

a full inspection was ticked on my notice, but it was just a pink slip needed, however they had to inspect the whole car. (brake lights, etc)..

They also said I need to go to 5dock to get my emissions cleared. however I never got the notice in the mail thank god.. (touch wood, however it has been 5 weeks..)

got done for front mount, BOV, exhaust, guages, and pod..

Only thing i was pissy about, was the dude behind me did a stand-still burnout, the cop did a U-turn and pulled me over (i would have been travelling 5km an hour it was bumper to bumper)..asked if i knew him i didn't, and then said it was his lucky day.
Then accused me of neg driving because it looks like I have a spray up my bonnet (someone threw battery acid all over it 2 days prior..my lucky week it was)

WTF. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:30 pm 
Quad T04

Well even though the cop just scribbled "RTA Carrington" on the form instead of ticking the proper inspection boxes I still have to take it there.
$77 to clear it apparently.

Talked to RTA carrington and the boss there reckons that just raising my coilovers and getting a noise certificate for my (quiet) JASMA exhaust should be good enough to get it past them. I'm going to throw a stock SMIC, stock seat and stock steering wheel in just cos it's easy to do as well.

Got my new seatbelt, $165 brand new for a Klippan one to suit a Silvia. It's grey and doesn't match anything....meh.

I was going to get engineers before I go to the RTA but he's on holiday for another two weeks so yeah....

On the upside they said that they only charge you to CLEAR the defect, so if the car goes in and fails on something else I don't have to pay again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:26 pm 
Quad T88

Car: *insert car here*
~bb~ wrote:

a full inspection was ticked on my notice, but it was just a pink slip needed, however they had to inspect the whole car. (brake lights, etc)..

They also said I need to go to 5dock to get my emissions cleared. however I never got the notice in the mail thank god.. (touch wood, however it has been 5 weeks..)

Only thing i was pissy about, was the dude behind me did a stand-still burnout, the cop did a U-turn and pulled me over (i would have been travelling 5km an hour it was bumper to bumper)..asked if i knew him i didn't, and then said it was his lucky day.
Then accused me of neg driving because it looks like I have a spray up my bonnet (someone threw battery acid all over it 2 days prior..my lucky week it was)

thats gotta suck.
may i ask where you got done at & where are your gauges mounted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:26 pm 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
whyte wrote:
~bb~ wrote:

thats gotta suck.
may i ask where you got done at & where are your gauges mounted?

Yeah wasn't a good week.

In Hornsby, on edgeworth dale ave.. they were comming the other way where the intersection is and almost took out 2 cars doing a U turn. I didnt take note because the dude behind me thought it would be "cool" to spin his tyres n cause some smoke in traffic, so I thought cops have him, but nope.. I don't do anything illegal (except having defectable items i guess ;) ) and I get done.

guage is mounted at the bottom of the pillar. (he wrote it down as moutned on the dash..sigh) even though its below the steering wheel, its "not standard" I was told..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:31 am 
Classifieds Scab

Car: 180
I have a massive cannon on my car it's loud as farkk and I've never been defected when I was on my p's different story the trick is keep your car record clean if theres no priors there less likely to defect u and don't drive like a NASA pilot ull be sweet the problem isn't so much them defecting you as they are in the right but more so you seeking enough attention for them to pull you over for no reason or should I say rbt lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:36 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: s13 silvia
ur like some kind of mad thread resurrection machine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:28 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
more like some sort of boosting the post count machine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:18 pm 
Classifieds Scab

Car: 180
Go have a cry In the bitching section

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:48 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
How about you pull your head in,or I'll ban you?
We all know why you're posting a lot of the stuff you are,you want to sell your 180sx on here. Unfortunately,this isn't a free trading post,and posting crap to get around the post count limit isn't making you any friends.

Start posting properly,or not at all.

Justin...