Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:27 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 89 Skyline GT-R, Onevia Project and a PRIUS :P
On the 30th October 08 my 180 which the guys at work affectionately named SHU180 was smashed around 6am. A work mate of mine who was interested in buying it took it for a test drive before work came around a corner and got the car to step out and slide for close to 300 meters taking out x2 metal poles and finally saying hello to a shipping container (damn korten steel) wiping out the whole passenger side.

After having not payed me for damages and having the car sitting around while wondering what will i do with a wrecked 180 i came across Slippery's silvia shell which i have purchased and am awaiting delivery.

As the weeks progress i will be posting up pictures of build up.

at the moment im contemplating wether to keep the shell in its green color or spray something different, nothing too fancy like candy apple, just a nice normal color, any ideas guys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:59 am 
Retard

Car: Sileighty
it was a custom colour, so you'd need the paint he had used.

Id probably just paint it a normal colour if you don't have leftover paint. Matching that stuff would be rather hard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:51 pm 
T28 Hybrid

ark i've been hoping you'd message me. now i know you know brett/uganga and since you've been following the cars history for a while, you can follow it once more. do you still have your uncomplied shell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:37 pm 
T78

Car: xxxxx
Thats pretty fucked up man having your workmate fuck up your car, you should kill your workmate and paint the car with his blood, then clear coat it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:10 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Sunday 1st February 2009

I just brought the silvia shell home this afternoon and i have began planning on where to start the conversion from, i figured out the easiest way to pull the engine out of the old 180 shell will be to unbolt the engine and lift the whole front end of the car up and slide the motor and gbox out from underneath.

The green paint job on the car is starting to grow on me but im still not 100% sure if i want to keep it or spray a different color.

If i do spray it a different color im leaning towards, and i know alot of you guys will probably kick my a$$ for doing this, but im thinking a nice Brown color. Yep you guys read correctly, a BROWN 1via :P

Now the reason im thinking of spraying brown is that i have seen pretty much every single color done, and a brown 1via will be pretty much unique.

More to come soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:32 pm 
T88

Car: kouki 14
good to see a F*%wit didnt brake your spirt :lol:

if you fo go brown ake sure its a coke/mocha colour,

not 80's toyota brown :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:12 am 
Retard

Car: Sileighty
Make it a baby poo brown, yeah yeah yeah!

Feel free to shoot me a PM mate, Brett's told me all about your disaster story :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:48 am 
T28 Hybrid

thanks for the kind words locky, i must admit that watching the 180 kiss the container did break my spirit for a while, and picking up slippery's old shell has once again re-kindled them, but it worked out good kinda, if it didnt crash i would never have gotten my GTR which i scored for a bargain, and yes the first day i drove it into work the guy who smashed the 180 had the nerve to ask me if he could drive it, i just laughed and told him to get F***ed.

Ark yes i was actually thinking of a baby poo brown color :) hopefully i end up going through with the color change :)

now then an update on where i am at the moment.

Monday 2 Feb 2009:
Pulled the front bar and reenforcement bar off the 180 along with the drivers side guard and headlight, guard bolted perfectly on the silvia but for the headlight i found out that i need to drill a couple of bolt holes on the top of the radiator support so i will be doing that tomorrow arvo.

Also while the 180's bonnet was up i buzzed off the strut brace and when i went to bolt it on the silvia i noticed it wouldn't fit. what has happened is when the 180 was smashed its completely twisted the chassis in turn putting a nice kink in the strut brace :( Not Happy Jan.

As i was packing up for the day, seeing the 180 with no front end and the front mount sitting there screaming to the neighborhood "come steal me" i decided to quickly unbolt it and store it in the garage for safe keeping :)

More updates are coming up tomorrow. Also photos will be coming up as soon as i find my usb cable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:37 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Not much to updade, at the moment, apart from the silvia having both 180 headlights bolted on.

I was hoping to rip the engine out of the 180 this weekend but due to this ugly hot weather we've been having ive had to postponed it till next weekend.

If i stop being lazy and clean out my 2nd garage i'll hopefully push the silvia shell into the garage and start properly working on it in a sheltered area :D

On a side note i went to the paint shop and looked at the color book at different brown's they had, but nothing really interested me. The green the car currently is is going to be extremely hard to color match so i wont be able to keep that color :(

While looking in the color book i found a nice purple color which i thaught would look pretty interesting, so i got the mixture for it printed out, also the green color off the vz commodore utes looks pretty interesting too, and i can pick up 4l of the stuff for cheap as chips so heres thinking :D

At the moment im stumped as to where to begin putting the parts on the car from. Im currently thinking of starting with transferring the body loom across, what do you guys think, or any other ideas are welcome :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:33 pm 
Twin T78

Car: onEvia
I would suggest starting with the looms (Interior/body loom and engine bay loom), and then move onto the interior.

Heads up, you might hit a couple snags with the 180sx loom into a S13 Silvia shell. Off the top of my head I believe the tail light plugs are different and you will have excess sub-loom for the 180sx hatch. (You can unplug the sub-loom) But it's a good thing you've got the 180 loom to do the Onevia conversion, makes it a whole lot easier.

ps post pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:14 am 
T28 Hybrid

i just noticed the plugs on the tail lights were different, sil's got one plug where 180 has 3 seperate plugs. the sub loon you mentioned sounds interesting, thats one less mess of wires for me to play around with :P

ive been promising pics for a while but i still cant find the cable for my camera which is driving me insane :( hopefully i find it soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:16 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Hey guys havnt been here for a while, things came to a screeching halt on the onevia project for a while, i know i was promising pics for ages and i finally got some on the comp now, there not recent but will do for now.

Photo's can be found on Flickr at the following site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41226145@N07/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:51 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Hi guys, its been nearly a year since my last update on my project. Ive been quite lazy for a while to work on it but since last friday alot of work has gone into this car with a big thanks to Anthony "Hectic" Bilic from Drift Racing Industries. Back in march i swapped over the whole steering rack, cross member front suspension from the 180 to the silvia then dropped the engine in and thats where the project sort of stalled till last week.

As i stated earlier last friday Anthony came round and helped me install my gearbox. After that we worked on it for 5 days straight, the engine is now wired up, diff and driver side driveshaft and tailshaft were fitted, all the brakes and brake lines are in.

Next things to do are to get some fuel lines connected up, a genuine nissan exhaust manifold gasket, passenger side drive shaft, afew litres of brake fluid, new custom torbo oil return line and the car should be ready to fire up for the first time since early last year. That will be it for the mechanical side of the car, next i'll have to move onto the body and interior.

I really cant wait to hear the engine running once again, its been such a long time i missed driving it.

Now heres a list of people to thank in this build up..
Godfrey... Thanks for selling me the 180 back in 2008
Marcelle... Thanks for putting me through all this trouble of rebuilding this car GRRRRRR :evil:
Leon (Slippery)... Thanks for the Silvia shell
Anthony "Hectic" Bilic... Thanks for the brake lines, tailshaft bearing bracket and all the time you've put into this car.

P.S.
Anyone wondering what happened to my 180SX shell, well now its completely been gutted out for every single nut/bolt/clip and is sitting chopped up in my front yard, neighbours are complaining but meh they can get stuffed its my car :P

P.P.S. Tomorrow i'll take some photos of the car if someone on here promises to post the pics up for me, i dunno how :(