Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:40 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 180sx Type X
Paypal is the worst internet creation ever.

They are supposed to create a "safe monetary exchange environment" when in fact they waste time, their website is exceptionally user unfriendly, the help section only addresses half the problem, the fee list omits more than half of the fees they could potentially charge you and when you want to use their service, they put a cap on the amount of money you can put on a credit card.

Their customer service representatives are crap, gave me 3 different sets of advice, all which proved to be wrong and misleading causing my transaction to be much more expensive than it already was. I got charged a bank dishonour fee of $45 because Paypal defaults payments sent via email request to a bank account without prior consent of the user.

Paypal, along with all other financial institutions are a POS. I called both departments, trying to find out where my money was and trying to cancel the transaction - but both ends denying any responsibility or ability to action anything.

I've already emailed them voicing my discontentment with their mediocre and inefficient service - of which they have conveniently ignored because they were not songs of praise.

If anyone else has had a bad experience with Paypal, please share. How do we get back at these nasty, American internet companies with whom we rely and trust our most sensitive information with?

I'd love to start a class action with these freaks which make eBaying such a nightmare (the "authorisation" process... :evil: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:44 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
you joined this forum last year,and this is your first post?

personally,I've only bought on ebay,and haven't had any real dramas to date with paypal.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:50 am 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
I think it is totally bullshit about how Paypal is going to be mandatory on eBay from now on...

Did you hear that the 'anonymous' submission to the ACCC about Paypal/Ebay was leaked as a Google creation! Hahahha :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:35 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 180sx Type X
i want a silvia wrote:
I think it is totally bullshit about how Paypal is going to be mandatory on eBay from now on...

Did you hear that the 'anonymous' submission to the ACCC about Paypal/Ebay was leaked as a Google creation! Hahahha :lol:

The best way to pay someone, is directly to them e.g. direct bank deposit or cash. Cut out the middle man, because when the middle man causes problems all parties will be in denial of being able to action anything --> like what happened to me: I call up to ask where my money is, what is happening to my money, can you stop my money --> noone can do anything! :evil:

Didn't hear about the submission to ACCC... what was that about?

Google controls pretty much all the information in the world now. They don't advertise it but they store all your habits, preferences and information - its kind of freaky because there's a database with all your stuff somewhere so they can market directly to you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:10 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: 2012 Golf TSI... least its boosted!
Article about Google's ACCC submission.

http://tech.slashdot.org/tech/08/05/31/1452238.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:22 pm 
TO4

Car: s15
paypal its good
well couple of weeks ago they got massive delay but thats about it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:12 pm 
Twin T51

Car: 180sx RB26DETT
paypal is good if your the buyer, if your the seller it sux balls and licks dogs ass...

if you are on the standard plan you are only allowed like 3 transaction from your PP account to your bank account per year, and each of those transaction are deducted by 20% give or take per/transaction.

the more transaction you do between pp and your normal bank if you are a seller, the more you pay in their fees and shit..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:05 pm 
Twin T51

Car: S13 K
I don't think its fair that eBay force you to use PayPal now, and that both charge you fees. Unless your selling something for a decent amount of money, it really makes it not worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:43 pm 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
I had a very shit experience with paypal.

I went to buy a cute little dress, and i had 60 bucks in the bank, dress was 40 total incl postage n handling.

I went through with paypal, and for some reason they tried to take out two $40 payments, Cause i only had 60 in the bank it tried taking 80 out. I got hit with two dishonour fee's from the bank and was in dept 20 dollars on top of that due to them taking out 2 payments.

I called, they took my name/no. and said would look into it. a week passed, i sent an email. another week passed, i closed my acc. with pay pal and showed the bank my situatuon, they were kind enough to cancel my dishonour fee's (totalling i think 140 dollars).

I FINALLY got an email about 1 month later from pay pal saying sorry for the inconvenience and it was a "technical" problem. I got my money back at least, except $10...dunno where that went but i couldnt be bothered with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:43 pm 
Twin T51

Just sold something on eBay.

$1575 + $30 postage = $1605

eBay took $42.09 in fees (final value, 1 gallery photo, listing insert)

PayPal $38.82 in fees.

I'm left with $1524.09... making a grand total of $80.91 in FEES!!!!

I can see why people are no longer using eBay, for a seller its a killer. You're tech not even allowed to ask the buyer to use something other than PayPal or past the costs onto them.

I'll be rethinking before I list on there again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:55 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
but if its something you stole from work to sell on ebay, it doesnt matter :P

but seriously, it sucks, i think trading post are opening an online auction site for aussies to use. i believe it will be cheaper than ebay. the mrs got something from her work about it. dont know much else about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:07 pm 
Twin T51

There is also the new one called oztion or something that they've been promoting on the radio lately. I'll def be shopping around a bit more next time, I didn't mind the eBay selling fees so much, its getting hit with them, and then the basically forced PayPal fees ontop which is too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:02 am 
Banned

Car: S15,Spec R RED
I also agree. Paypal could be a lot better....

Last week i requested funds to be withdrawn from my bank account to be sent to my paypal account.Something came up and i withdraw all funds from account.

I emailed the idiots saying there is no feature to cancell the request and how can i do so... They replied over 24 hours later saying "read our policies" bla bla bla....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:46 am 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
INX75Y wrote:

Last week i requested funds to be withdrawn from my bank account to be sent to my paypal account.Something came up and i withdraw all funds from account.

I emailed the idiots saying there is no feature to cancell the request and how can i do so... They replied over 24 hours later saying "read our policies" bla bla bla....

at least they got back to you! it took them 1 month to get back to me saying appologies for technical difficulties why they sent double the ammount to the seller :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:47 pm 
Banned

Car: S15,Spec R RED
~bb~ wrote:
INX75Y wrote:

at least they got back to you! it took them 1 month to get back to me saying appologies for technical difficulties why they sent double the ammount to the seller :lol:

I fucking hate Pay Pal 1 month is bullshit