SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:13 pm 
T88

Car: kouki 14
ok finally got an update

the truck driver took his sweet time to pay his excess so its been nearly 3 weeks without any action

droped by the pannel beater yesterday and things are starting to happen :lol:

obviously new door and gaurd, rear quater needs to be bashed out.
new parker, front bar is getting resprayed (dont know if the whole thing is getting sprayed under insurance )
new tie rod, castor rod, and i think a couple of bushes.
coilover is fine just moved on the camber top (thank god i payed a little more for the camber tops :D )

instead of the pannel beater getting the wheels replaced/fixed (i know a guy who ive delt with several times before that dos a great job and is probebly cheaper :P ) he is fixing the sunroof rust and pluging the boot holes instead :lol:

then seeing as most the car is getting resparyed im paying a litle more and getting the whole car done so it will be perfect and look better than ever :D

then ill get the wheel fixed (or sell them as is or fix them then sell them )

but when i get some more cash im ordering a new set of wheels for it

M2 Hanbai NC10R Wheels (like a japanese drifttek, cheap but decent offset and apparently there not too heavy :P )
17x 9 +20 all round

once i put them on if i dont like the bronze ill get them powder coated black

maybe swap the coilovers for some silk roads then it will be all set and a really good na daily thrasher

now i dont know what im going to do once i get off my Ps, maybe the s14 will have to wait :P

would have been done in 2 weeks but because of the full respray will most likely be 3 weeks till i get it back so ill hopefully have it back before the weekend of the 16th ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:30 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
thats great news mate!! glad he has insurance!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:19 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 89 Skyline GT-R, Onevia Project and a PRIUS :P
I deal with truckies everyday at work, some are top drivers, others are scattered off thier face pumped full of drugs and what not. Ive also noticed that drivers for big trucking comanies tend to be the better guys, more often its the occasional subbies we get who are drugged up, one time we had a subbie rock up and almost ploughed into 3 parked cars while he was trying to back into the driveway, when he got outta the cab we could tell he wasnt all there at all.

because of my experience with truckies i always tend to keep my distance, i never overtake them even on a straight unless i see there is no cars what so ever around the truck, which then i speed up, overtake and make sure the truckie is about 200-300m behind me, also if im driving on a multi lane road and see a truck in say the middle lane, i will stay behind and wait as i have seen many truck drivers decide to merge across without warning.

sorry to hear about your car, hopefully you get it back looking better than before :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:09 pm 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
ugh had a shit incident today at lunch time..

i dont know if anyone knows blue haven pools on the corner in brookvale next to the mall, i had to pick my brother up there at lunch time and some dick blocked the drive-in bit so i sat on the driveway and waited.

its right next to the main road and a truck thought he'd do a 3 point turn there, not only did he jam up the traffic (couldnt go up the road and turn around had to do it right off the main road!) but he starts telling me to move or he will hit my car. i couldnt move anywere, someone had blocked the drive thru ramp (illegally parked) and my brother was half getting into my car so he gets within cm's of my car and blasts his horn right in my ear, laughs, then goes a little closer ALMOST hitting my mirror before reversing.

was NOT nice at all. :(

its scary to know some truckies are scattered off their face if that is true i don't know but trucks are dangerous how they are let alone to have people driving in it off their head makes it so much more unsafe..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:44 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: 93' 180sx
hey bree you sure he was yelling because you blocked him? or because of your pink dice??

on a serious note trucks are unpredictable like everything, but i wouldnt mess with something that weighs 10 tonnes and can move at speed.

glad to hear you havnt given up on the sil dude and all the best with the repairs and future mods :)