Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:35 am 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
So my car is for sale on carsales.com.au.

If you look it up, there is a lot of detail in the ad. I believe the price I'm asking is incredibly fair for a P-plater car which has basically two minor problems which it looks like I'm going to fix anyway.

So I've had a fair amount of interest. Most people are too lazy or too scared to give me a call or SMS me, so they email me instead. 'Tomo' from Baulkham Hills or somewhere sent me an email yesterday offering $5000.

$5000?!?!?

Another bloke I had call me up at 11pm at night. He said he had owned seven silvias and he hated my car and Onevias, but was interested in buying it for his girlfriend. He proceeded to ask questions when the answers were already clearly stated in the ad.

"What''s your lowest price?" he said.
"$8000" I replied.
"I bought a non-turbo SR for $5300!" he claimed.
"Well why don't you go buy another one?"

We talked extensively and he said he wanted to come see it early the next morning. I had plans but I said I'd call him back and went and spoke toi my parents to rearrange everything. I called him back after cancelling what I had on and he said he'd call me in the morning to arrange a time. Surprise, surprise, he didn't call.

I've offered everyone the chance to come see the car to evaluate for themselves whether or not the bargain price of $8000 for a car with rego until Sep 2008 is justified. Surprisingly, no-one has turned up yet.

Last edited by i want a silvia on Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:16 am 
Twin T51

Car: s13
i put mine up for sale at one stage for $8000 aswell its a non turbo silvia, and i had the biggest headaches from trying to sell it. but i changed my mind and have kept it since.
u have to expect to get little idiots who want to test drive and stuff around it comes with selling a car :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:52 am 
Twin T66

Car: 1990 Nissan Silvia
true, one comes to mind when i was trying to sell mine, was offered $1000 for it, and when they came to inspect it was a 14 yo little shit and his dad, and his dad said for him to have a test drive, i was in the backseat, and i told them to "get fucked" . hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:08 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
Anyone inconsiderate enough to ring at 11:00pm isn't going to turn up in the morning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:17 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
I had mine advertised on carsales for a while.
1 person emailed me with an offer of $4000 cash and said he had "seen the car". I was in a particularly good mood on that day for some reason, so I merely replied with "no thanks".
Advertised price was $10k btw :p

had another person call me up and try to bargain me down on the phone and I kept saying to him that he should look at the car first before bargaining. Then he wanted me to take it to his dad's workshop to get checked over before he would make me an offer. All before he had even seen the bloody car let (let alone driven it). Oh yeah, he wanted me to take it to the workshop on a week day (I work f/t mon-fri) and when I asked if he would pay my wages for the time I would be missing at work to do this he got confused.

*sigh* some people really amaze me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:33 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
The problem with owning a car cheap enough that any idiot can afford, is that you get idiots looking at them. :(

I hope I don't get the same shit when I sell the Z, but since you can find some advertised in the $30-35K bracket now I'm sure I'll get just as many tyre kickers.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:23 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I cop this shit all the time as well,just for parts.

'I know you advertised it for $500,and it's worth $1000 new,but will you take $50,and deliver it to me during the day on the other side of sydney? because I can't be fucked getting in my car and driving to see you like you do when you buy things from other people,and because I'm too tight to pay a realistic price. you're not going to be offended when I trash your stuff and bullshit about how my cousin's grilfriend's nephew's gay lover can get me one for a quarter of your price,and expect that to justify my behaviour are you?'

'also,when you organise a time and place with me for me to meet you to buy the part,is it ok if I don't turn up,and don't call back for a month,you're going to hold the part for me right? and when I eventually do turn up half and hour late the next time to meet you,and try and short change you by a further $20,that'll be fine too right?' 'oh,and can we make the meeting place somewhere at least an hour away from where you live,so it's close to me,and at a time like 11.30pm on a weeknight, because I'm a lazy fuck who possibly works part time at night,and doesn't care about the normal hours you work?' 'if that doesn't suit,how about you wait around somewhere in the city late at night for me to finish playing sport,and then maybe I'll tell you an address to meet me at,so you can bring the part to me before you go home?' 'sweet? ok,I'll see you when I feel like it and will lowball you then.'

people are fucked. a lot of guys out there need to wake up to themselves.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:43 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
ROFL thats so true dude!!

and funny too, the story i mean, not the actual act of it happening

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:35 pm 
T88

Car: kouki 14
man your car is nice, $5000 :roll: , tell him hes dreaming- the castle,

i paid what ur asking for a basically stock s13 besides exhaust clutch and rims

i only tested another 2 silvias but i felt sorry for the owners cuz i felt like a tyre kicker and even when i made an offer i it was only like 500 less cuz i know what they were worth these days but i ended up paying what they asked

if you fixed the box u would probly get it it just makes it sound bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:18 pm 
T66

Car: none
I dont know what it is about me but everytime I go to buy a vehicle, or any major purchase for that fact I never haggle with the price.

Then when it comes time to sell it, I'll sell it at a bargain price to avoid dickheads like that.

Just last month I put my ipod touch up on ebay, buy it now price $300.

Seeing as it was practically brand new with a saving of more than a hundred dollars i didnt expect to get dickweeds from here to whazoo offering me $150 for it! Can you believe that? I'm like "Dude, there are used ones in shitty condition being sold for $370, wake up to yourself you blowjob!"

lol

Dont worry guys, when i get my license back, if I do buy my car from another user on these forums I very rarely haggle with price.

You'll be very unlucky if i try to shave $100 off a car thats gonna cost me bout $15000

Im considerate like that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:49 am 
Twin T66

Car: 1990 Nissan Silvia
It's interesting how my old FS thread for my car, was borught back up, and In the End i told everyone it's not for sale anymore.

I get lowballers messaging me now saying Ill offer you $1000 for the car.

Im like Fuckoff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:52 pm 
T66

Blakesilvia wrote:
It's interesting how my old FS thread for my car, was borught back up, and In the End i told everyone it's not for sale anymore.

I get lowballers messaging me now saying Ill offer you $1000 for the car.

Im like Fuckoff.

lol, maybe you should edit the post

Everytime I put something up thats sold, i edit the topic title and delete my contact details. Because not everyone is gonna scroll to the bottom and read all the posts.
Should put a big dent in the number of calls you will recieve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:38 pm 
T25

Car: S13 Silvia
I don't haggle either,

when I bought my Silvia i was ready to pay full price, whilst talking to the seller he brought up a few things that needed to be fixed and knocked them off the price, making up for my inability to haggle ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:40 pm 
Twin T51

Car: coon
I dare say your inabilities don't end there :P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:19 pm 
T66

Lol I had almost forgotten about this site.
I don't drive a silvia anymore and haven't been here for ages.
I was surprised to see a topic notification in my email on a 2yr old thread, haha