Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just got defected
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:09 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: S15
hi everyone just got defected at an rbt. the copper goes do u have an engineers certificate for the exhaust and i said no its been there for about a year and i was never told i needed one as ive been pulled over for rbt's may times before. he then proceedes to fine my $200 and gives me 7 days to rectify it, i said officer its new years week who is going to be open to certify this, his reply, not my problem
that just shits me he kknows no one is going to be open and he doesn't even want to hear about it. that is why cops have such a bad name and are just massive asshole. i hope a plane crashes into his house!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:27 pm 
TO4

Car: 200sx & 180sx
That fukn sucks dude... what an arsehole!!!

Who would of thought they would have time in their busy schedual for defecting people when they should be more concerned about pulling drunk people over & potentially saving lives. Never knew an aftermarket/loud exhaust could kill someone :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:33 pm 
T03 Hybrid

thats what i thought i had to wait 35 mins and a dude in front of me got dragged out of his car coz he couldn't walk to the booze bus and after about 30 mins he staggered back to his car and drove off apparently on his second reading he was under and they let him go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:38 pm 
TO4

Now THAT is f*cked!! How can they justify letting someone intoxicated go, while they defect your car, AT and RBT station! Obviously coppers have their priorities all wrong!

Do u have a standard exhaust to bolt up to clear the defect or atleast a silencer for urs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:44 pm 
T03 Hybrid

nope but i'll visit my old mate muffler man and get him to source me something quite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:46 pm 
T66

Car: none
lol, the nsw police never cease to amaze me.

In theyre defence, they have got a tough job to do and do cop alot of shit from the public.

I heard there has been a police shortage, so theyve hired alot more police recently, hence alot of overzealous young cops on power trips.
My ex used to joke whenever we got pulled over by a crappy copper "i bet you he got picked on at school and found his best mate in bed with his mrs this morning, hence the reason he has to ruin your day" lol

But to generalise isnt a good thing. Cops are mostly good, but your bouind to get a few bad eggs and arseholes in any category of people be it profession, race, religion etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:54 pm 
TO4

Da Fonze wrote:
nope but i'll visit my old mate muffler man and get him to source me something quite

I had a standard piece of poo i bought from the first flang. It reads 89.6dB on my 3" all through exhaust. Dont know if this would fit yours? If it does, ur welcome to borrow to clear the defect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:00 am 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Defects are comeing all over the place now.

I just spent about 1.5k for a few bits of paper. But now i have a fully enginered legal car with a epa report, noise report and engernering cetificat. evan got the car reregisted as a 2 seater :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:02 am 
T03 Hybrid

bigkev81 wrote:
In theyre defence, they have got a tough job to do and do cop alot of shit from the public.

theres a reason for this, if the police actually listened and did what they were surposed to do i would understand, if i was drunk and got pulled over, i would understand, if my car had blades sticking out the hubcaps chopping people in half i'd understand , but ur exhaust isn't standard and may not meet emmissions, what a load of crap.
bigkev81 wrote:
I heard there has been a police shortage, so theyve hired alot more police recently, hence alot of overzealous young cops on power trips.

their staffing issues are not my concern being fined $200 dollars for an offence that i just checked up only carries a $132 fine go figure.

bigkev81 wrote:
But to generalise isnt a good thing. Cops are mostly good, but your bouind to get a few bad eggs and arseholes in any category of people be it profession, race, religion etc

i know generalisation is bad but when u've been hassled for years by cops its hard to find a good one, i've been pulled over many times for rbt's, some cops are good "just blow in the bag , nice car, thanks sir have a nice nite"happened once. to boxing me in infront of New Zealand icecream with lights and sirens going while i was trying to park to get icecream with my gf. about 20 people inside looking at me like i was going to kill their first born. and then i had to answer 20 questions before i could get out to go grab an icecream. similar things like this have happened numerous times and now seriously i can say F*#K EM ALL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:10 am 
T66

Well as i said, the arsehole who pulled you over probably had a bad day.

I do think its a joke the way he treated you.
And I'm appalled that they let that drunk driver go.

But to say police are scum is a bit much.
That mentality is why we live in such racist and homophobic times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:15 am 
T03 Hybrid

MODS please feel free to remove the poll if it offeneds this is just the ranting of a person who is really preeved atm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:17 am 
T66

Ive had many dealing with police and can say alot of them are good. Even the few who have arrested me and taken me to the cop shop to be charged were likable guys, polite, just doing their job.

If its really as bad as u say, maybe you should put in a complaint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:27 am 
Twin T51

Car: s13
cops are all the dick heads who got picked on at school. and now they think its revenge time or somehthing
:lol:

Post subject:
T03 Hybrid

i would if it had the details all it says is HWP in the unit and no authority number no officer name or number nothing

Post subject:

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
sorry poll had to go

and please KEEP IT FACTUAL, i dont give a shit how many stories you have heard and what YOUR opinion is. police have a thing called 'officers discretion' and they can do whatever they want with it.

i have some stories of my own. but ill keep them to myself as they DO have a hard job and sometimes youll cop a bad one because they are looking for people to pick on. modified cars are easy, they appear in the news more often than not so its 'acceptable' to 'police' them with some heavy handed tactics.