Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:25 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
If Justjap or anyone else in business are not going to be fair dinkum and screw people around just like what the other guys have said they shoudlnt be in business and even if l do ask the most simplest and dumbest question its their job to be courtesy and provide good custumer service.

Main point is as people mentioned u pay for for u get, however on the other hand people are getting products that dont work so actually they are not getting what they paid for which a consumer can compalin to fair trading about. If their products are defect than instead of having this so called warrenty they should have a disclaimer where they do not accept liability. Dont promise what u cant give to your custumers.

Maybe some people dont want staff to bother them when they are window shopping and thats fair enough because u dont want to be harrassed, however if u require service and they ignore u, thats just plain rude and unprofessional. Look at any business book and its a better choice for a business to maintain business with their existing custumers than try to target new ones in the cost scheme of things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:57 pm 
Quad T88

Car: *insert car here*
ive dealt with them before.
they're rude on the phone but in person theyre nice and answer any questions i had.
i was there for 2/3minutes and someguy asks if he can help me with anything.

sorry to hear about your situation pete. hope all goes well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:29 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
JIN S13 wrote:
If Justjap or anyone else in business are not going to be fair dinkum and screw people around just like what the other guys have said they shoudlnt be in business and even if l do ask the most simplest and dumbest question its their job to be courtesy and provide good custumer service.

Main point is as people mentioned u pay for for u get, however on the other hand people are getting products that dont work so actually they are not getting what they paid for which a consumer can compalin to fair trading about. If their products are defect than instead of having this so called warrenty they should have a disclaimer where they do not accept liability. Dont promise what u cant give to your custumers.

Maybe some people dont want staff to bother them when they are window shopping and thats fair enough because u dont want to be harrassed, however if u require service and they ignore u, thats just plain rude and unprofessional. Look at any business book and its a better choice for a business to maintain business with their existing custumers than try to target new ones in the cost scheme of things

ffs if you want to have a rant you must follow 2 simple rules:

1) don't contradict yourself
Quote:
Maybe some people dont want staff to bother them when they are window shopping and thats fair enough because u dont want to be harrassed, however if u require service and they ignore u, thats just plain rude and unprofessional
So what do you want? How can the sales person possibly know if you want help or don't unless you go and ask? If they were psychic i figure they wouldn't be working in retail

2) A rant is based on experience. I think you have more posts in this thread than everyone but the thread starter yet you do not reference a single experience with this company, you just make general sweeping statements about how some guy in retail is supposed to do their job. How they should run their business, blah blah blah.

People like you are the reason i hate these threads. There are always people who will jump on the band wagon and have a shot, you are one of them.

Does everyone want to know what these guys are paid to do? Sell stuff. Plain and simple. You ask for a refund or a return and you get the cold shoulder. If you persist and get up to the manager level then you will start to get somewhere. Anyone dealt with insurance companies? Does the process i have described sound familiar? It's because you don't make money by giving a guy a refund on a broken engine. Just jap manage to keep most people happy, and at the same time are making a killing.

I think they have a pretty bloody good business model to be honest. to put it very simply; If some of you guys aren't capable of approaching a sales assistant and asking about something thats hanging on the wall in front of you then i don't have a lot of hope for you.

Another thing thats pissed me off about this thread (see how i managed to build up a decent rant here). 180fury. What the fuck is your brother doing buying coils without knowing the correct model for his car? it takes 2 minutes on the internet to find the right part number based on the build date of the car. Then you ring up and confirm stock, then you drive for an hour. This stuff isn't hard. Regarding the stuff around with the return, see the above shit i've written.

Radism. I can walk into a computer store and buy exactly what i'm after, despite being relatively clueless about most hardware and software. I can do this because prior to walking into the shop i find out what i need by asking someone who knows, or researching. Not hard.

I'm done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:52 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
A+++ Top Rant. Will read again!!1!

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:55 pm 
T66

Car: granpa's jz83 cressida
to show that i have read and fully understood your rant, ill get on tmb's bandwagon and agree 100% :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:04 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
Top communication and concise reporting from poster. AAA+++!!!

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:00 am 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
The only things I think could have improved that rant are:

Less punctuation - It needs to look like the rant was blurted out in one breath.
More swearing - say it like you mean it man!
More spelling mistakes - It looks too 'prepared' when it is all coherant.

Keep practising

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:37 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
Actually my friend used to own Ignition x that sold aftermarket parts and assessories and he had an account with them. I have used them before in the past for your information and if they keep u waiting while u are clearly in a postion that require their service what can u say about that than? Thats why if i need to buy parts in the fture l would go to SSS or perfect run.

Also, everyone has to crawl before they can walk so if people do make mistakes on their choices why should they have to go through all the hassle to get it fixed. Are people meant to know everything from the word start? I respect salespeople more when they say they dont know, however they will ask someone else to get the right information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:14 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1990 Nissan Silvia
JIN S13 wrote:
Actually my friend used to own Ignition x that sold aftermarket parts and assessories and he had an account with them. I have used them before in the past for your information and if they keep u waiting while u are clearly in a postion that require their service what can u say about that than? Thats why if i need to buy parts in the fture l would go to SSS or perfect run.

Also, everyone has to crawl before they can walk so if people do make mistakes on their choices why should they have to go through all the hassle to get it fixed. Are people meant to know everything from the word start? I respect salespeople more when they say they dont know, however they will ask someone else to get the right information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:26 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
im with blake on this one, i had no idea what you are trying to say Jin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:07 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
JIN S13 wrote:

So you don't like waiting to be served? You should just get bumped to the head of the queue because you deserve faster service than the guy in front of you? I've had to wait up to half an hour to get service in there before simply because it is that busy. Or were you just standing in the middle of the floor with part in hand and a confused look on your face while everyone else was looked after? It's not a hard system, join the queue at the counter, when you get to the front ask for what you are after, pay money, then leave.

Quote:
Also, everyone has to crawl before they can walk so if people do make mistakes on their choices why should they have to go through all the hassle to get it fixed.
Do you really want me to give a proper response to this? So if you stuff up it shouldn't be your problem? ffs take some responsibility for your own actions. I can guarantee that if there is a bit of pain after the first time you won't be likely to do it a second time will you?

And no people aren't expected to know everything. I already mentioned this. research up front.

waits for bitching thread about getting hit for duty and gst on a $1k plus purchase from perfect run.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:44 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

badhairdave wrote:
waits for bitching thread about getting hit for duty and gst on a $1k plus purchase from perfect run.....

done :oops: but bitching was directed at customs not perfect run. perfect run were a pleasure to deal with. made every effort to answer all of my questions and provide all the extra info i needed to get my parts released from customs! but back on track...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:56 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
badhairdave wrote:
Does everyone want to know what these guys are paid to do? Sell stuff. Plain and simple. You ask for a refund or a return and you get the cold shoulder. If you persist and get up to the manager level then you will start to get somewhere.

But, you shouldn't need to persist. The Trade Practices Act quite clearly defines what their legal requirements are when it comes to refunds and exchanges.

From what I read in the first post, JustJap failed to do so. The engine was fucked. The after sales service failed to meet their warranty obligations.

And, for their record, the aforementioned Trade Practices Act states that their job is to sell stuff of merchantable quality (to use the exact wording of the legislation). If they sell someone a dud, then they're not doing their job anyway. Maybe that's why they're so surly when you buy junk off them, since the quality of JustCrap's typical product means they're never actually doing their job.

If you have to go through a massive rigmarole to get businesses to meet their legal requirements, then you should be allowed to attempt to steal stuff from them and put the onus on them to catch you. Why should citizens have to comply with the law (rather than continually break it and wait to get caught), while businesses can get away with it?

badhairdave wrote:
Anyone dealt with insurance companies?

You're putting JustJap on the same level as insurance companies...? That just justified every vitriolic post in this thread.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:15 am 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
dodgy engines are dodgy engines, its unlawful and its not right.

not having them approach you to see what you want is a non issue. seek their assistance ! personally i usually hate when people in stores come up and say 'can i help you with something?'.. piss off please :)

bandwagon ftw ! omgwtfbbq

sorry had to do it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:29 am 
T51

Car: bogankart
mokompri wrote:
personally i usually hate when people in stores come up and say 'can i help you with something?'.. piss off please :)

yep.. I hate it too. I also hate being the one to ask it, but my boss makes me do it. I personally, could not give two fucks about how I can help the customer.. although when they ask, I tell and do.

As a customer, I usually do not want to strike up a conversation with the store guy.. I'm fairly boring to talk to, and I guarantee that there will be plenty of awkward moments. Just piss off and let me shop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next