Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:14 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
haha i really hope someone who knows someone reads this. because once, i can understand, but multiple times?? Geez.

It just makes me angry just THINKING about all the times I go there with cash burning my upper leg from the inside of my pocket, and then just leave because i'd rather go home empty handed than give them some more money they don't deserve.

Does it seem like every time you go in there there is some champion in a race car or some shit in the drive way and all those wankers are talking to him and not the customers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:17 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Serial Killa wrote:
Does it seem like every time you go in there there is some champion in a race car or some shit in the drive way and all those wankers are talking to him and not the customers?

If they're a champion race car driver, they're clearly not Just Jap customers.

You have to finish if you want to win, and I can't see a car fettled with Just Jap products lasting that long.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:44 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
Scathing wrote:
Serial Killa wrote:

If they're a champion race car driver, they're clearly not Just Jap customers.

You have to finish if you want to win, and I can't see a car fettled with Just Jap products lasting that long.

HAHA i should have put "Champion" in inverted commas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:19 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Just China is the suck,

The problem is that nubs just into the "car scene" have heard of just jap and buy off them and after theve been in it some time they relise jus jap is shit. All the parts they sell are shit or over priced. And ive fitted losts of "bolt on" just crap parts and i can tell you nothing "bolt on" from them just bolts on, it all needs changeing here and there to fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:12 am 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
I buy things from Justjap every once in a while. I actually like the fact I can wander around and look at stuff without being bothered by the staff. I always get served when i'm ready. They are good for oil and oil filters if nothing else

I am a champion racecar driver though* so they give me special treatment

There is a worker from JustJap on this forum, and i have no doubt they are watching this thread.

*This may not be fact

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:58 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I buy from them occasionally as well,and have been for several years.

unlike most local places,they usually have things in stock,and as I have an account with them,they'll deliver to me direct at work. I just call up,order what I'm after,and give them a cheque when it arrives that arvo or the next day.

the old adage of 'you get what you pay for' certainly applies to wreckers. anyone who expects a wrecked car's-unknown-condition-engine tha's been ripped out,thrown into a container and sent half way across the world to be perfect is asking a bit much. especially when said engine could be anything up to 18years old already,and came out of a performance car.
if you're sensible you should always budget for at least all the external oil seals,and accept that you may need to do a rebuild to get the best out of it.
you don't know exactly how many km are on it,you don't know it's service history,and you have no idea how it was treated by however many people owned it before you. I say good on them for giving a warranty at all to be honest.

I've bought halfcut engines before,one turned out to be perfect,the other not so much. it's a gamble,like it or not.

if you want to reduce the risk,buy an engine from a forum member,that you can inspect thoroughly,and see and hear running before you hand over the folding. that way you know it's condition,and have an idea of how it's been looked after and used.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:04 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
fergo308 wrote:
the old adage of 'you get what you pay for' certainly applies to wreckers. anyone who expects a wrecked car's-unknown-condition-engine tha's been ripped out,thrown into a container and sent half way across the world to be perfect is asking a bit much. especially when said engine could be anything up to 18years old already,and came out of a performance car.
if you're sensible you should always budget for at least all the external oil seals,and accept that you may need to do a rebuild to get the best out of it

That's all well and good to say, but I don't like the fact I was repeatedly lied to. The first instance? "We don't sell shit [engines]". Secondly, the confusal about the warranty. Thirdly, the shitfight to get work carried out under warranty - which I am doubtful was even done properly.

I was told that their buyer in Japan test drove the car, and that they certify all is running fine before they rip it out and drop it on the pallet. Bullshit.

Most forum members don't bother taking a video of the engine running, and most forum members AREN'T selling an S14 SR20DE. In fact, only one has - that was too much boost - and I missed out on buying his by a couple of weeks.

Lastly, with the exeption of the manager and owner, I was treated like a total leper moron when I was down there. I'm not stupid enough to be abusive, because I know anyone who does that (as tempting as it is) isn't going to get any help at all. I may have relatively little mechanical knowledge, but fark, the way I was treated made me feel terrible. Customer service at Just Jap is a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:59 pm 
Twin T78

too_much_boost wrote:
I buy things from Justjap every once in a while. I actually like the fact I can wander around and look at stuff without being bothered by the staff. I always get served when i'm ready. They are good for oil and oil filters if nothing else

Same, as soon as I approach the counter they're happy to serve people, or answer questions/check stock..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:21 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
Thats the kind of crap that makes the industry so bad. Unless u mention money to them, they dont care. Its the same for some shocking mechanics and panel beaters who say there are extra charges from the quoted price. I say hope all u guys go to hell :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:34 pm 
T51

Car: S13 Silvia, King Spec :P
thats a terrible experience :(

I have bought from there few times, I get served as soon as I walk in.

The owner / manager (Steve) I found to be great with customers, he has been very helpful to me

though I can see the sales staff being a bit arrogant as they work in a "perfomance shop", they are mostly young guys who think they are elite drifters / street racers from my first impressions, though have never had an issue with their service

but having said all that, none of my purchases were as significant as an engine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:06 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
From seeing this l would never buy from justjap, as l have heard many stories like this. But for sss, l have had dealing with them in the past and they have always been very helpful and professional. I wll recommend them to anyone. In the past even when they didnt have a part to sell, they refered me to some other dealer that did have the part. In the short term they may loss bu in the lon run they win because of the positive exp good words about them will spread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:33 pm 
T25

Car: 180 sx
My brother in laws spent like 5g's with them over a few months for skyline mods and got nothing but fucked around when he bought 3 sets of splitfire coilpacks .The 180 ones perfect, The skyline sets on the other hand were issued the wrong series even though repeated "are these definitely the right ones" questions. So the hour drive home turns out to be for nothing because they dont fit.Back again "Oh you should have told us the series of the car " We did -der-. Two new sets, hour drive home. One is fine the other fucked, call them "oh you must have done something wrong." "No one of the coilpacks is screwed." " No way are you a mechanic? " they asked no but I know my shit Ive tested them back to back." "No way ha ha ha they replied on the phone he says he is a mechanic without a licence." snicker snicker jeer jeer. Anyways bring it down "our mechanic will look at it" 3rd time lucky and guess what? a coilpack was fucked end of story.
After being such a good customer you think they would have looked after him a bit better. No more justcrap purchases from him. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:53 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
Have a look at it from their perspective...

They are expected to provide the cheapest product on the market
They have to deal with idiots all day every day (and don't try and deny you lot aren't idiots, because alot of you are :P ). I'm damn sure answering the same stupid questions day-in day-out gets tiring.

I think JustJap are actually an excellent business. I love going there, not always to buy stuff but just to look around. I think you will find all the people on here that are knowledgable wont have a lot of bad words to say about JustJap. You have to take them for what they are - a cut price Jap Parts shop. They aren't a boutique store

As far as their quality of product goes - you get what you pay for.

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:23 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

If they dont want to deal with idiots, then their business is in the wrong sector. if they expect every person with a japanese sports car that goes to them for parts to have an engineering degree with experience in the motorracing industry and a detailed knowledge of it all, then they're sadly mistaken. just the way a computer store is expected to tailor to the needs of the computer illiterate and the 1337.

who gives a fuck if answering the same question everyday is tiring. if they're not up to it, shut down. if they dont want to shut down, then be prepared to tailor to a wide range of consumers with a common passion.

im sorry but customer service is a basic requirement of the retail industry. of which JustJap is a part of. Im not saying that i've had any encounters with them personally, but from what ive read (and the scale tips very heavily towards my point), they need to revise their business goal and the attitude of their employees.

and i think that 'knowledgeable' people as you put it (ie people who are a little older and have a few more years of experience with modification and application of performance automobiles) are exactly that. knowledgeable. they go in and know exactly what they need and have a keen eye for what their required quality is. but like i said, knowledge is obtained over time. during that time, if you have to ask a question or are unsure of certain things, then respect and patience is an obvious and reasonable requirement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:27 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
too_much_boost wrote:
Have a look at it from their perspective...

They are expected to provide the cheapest product on the market

No, they aren't expected. That is their mission apparently, which also includes providing the best service, "making sure every customer walks away happy".

Quote:
They have to deal with idiots all day every day (and don't try and deny you lot aren't idiots, because alot of you are :P ). I'm damn sure answering the same stupid questions day-in day-out gets tiring.

Sure they do. But mate, I've worked in retail, it comes with the territory. I'm guessing you're an expert in everything then? Not everyone is as good or as knowledgeable as you. In fact, the vast majority aren't. That is the fact of ANY retail market.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next