Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:20 pm 
T03

Car: JDM S15
I noticed that police love to target darker color cars as my last car was midnight blue looked nearly black at night and blue in the day and i kept on getting pulled over and i was on my green P's but when i resprayed it a bright orange color i only i never got pulled over for "RBT/defects" of course i went through a few of the stationary RBT with no issues. I Dunno maybe darker color cars look more sus :-? but gotta love my S15 in yellow bright as a mofo 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:50 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
kamakazi1122 wrote:
local news down here showed a stuff up by the cops, they pulled over one of thier own unmarked Xr8's for speeding, 75 in a 60zone.

Just thought you guys might like to know that :D

awesome work!! i bet they will get out of the ticket tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:54 pm 
T78

Car: 180SX Kouki
Hahhahaa, bout time! i ALWAYS see their unmarked's speeding around and provoking other drivers to do negligable acts in order to avoid the unmarked's stupid actions when driving, just to only pull them over for speeding off from fear of being rear-ended.. wish i had a cam mounted on my car to film all their bullshit behaviour they seem more hoonish and dangerous on the roads than anyone else i know... anyone else notice an annoying amount of these sorts of unmarked's goin around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:05 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I had a highway car follow me through my suburb tonight. he'd just finished booking someone else,and as I VERY quietly drove past in my girlfriend's car,he pulled out in a hurry and followed me for a couple of km,hanging about 30m behind me when I stopped at a set of lights,waiting until I indicated which way I was turning before getting closer.
I was only a km from home at this point,so after they probably ran the plates through,they must have decided it wasn't worth pulling me over and drove off.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:46 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: 200sx
Dickhead drivers come in all forms; problem is that a dickhead in a loud imported car stands out more than a dickhead in a commodore or in a 4wd.
It is all about peoples perceptions and attitudes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:26 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
Saw a cop car with green P plates on pulling people over outside my work the other day.
Pity that to become a cop you have to have a FULL license (unless this has changed recently), so the P plates are just to trick people or something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:21 pm 
Twin T51

Car: s13
hey sambo Andy here. where did that happen, was it in mt druitt, was it police badged :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:54 pm 
T66

Car: 180sx
SamBo wrote:
Saw a cop car with green P plates on pulling people over outside my work the other day.
Pity that to become a cop you have to have a FULL license (unless this has changed recently), so the P plates are just to trick people or something...

I'd say to trick people because I have seen such undercover cars before with red and green P-Plates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:54 pm 
T66

Car: S15 & ae92 Levin
which shows jus how desperate they are to get anything at all, which also means we are doing the right thing for them to go to such measures to catch people out. So good on US for doing the right thing (some of us anyway)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:03 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
it's more you're doing the right thing when they're visible,not all the time,if you're getting caught by unmarked cars with P plates on them.

anyone can see a marked police car and slow down.

spotting the three uniformed cops in an L300 van with plywood strapped on the roof racks is a bit harder.

it's not that they're desperate to make cash,sorry,uphold the law,it's the fact that visible policing deters crime. it actually works,and that's part of their problem.
if you actually want to catch the wolf in the act,you have to hide among the sheep. standing out in the middle of the paddock with your rifle isn't going to work if you want him dead. your sheep are only safe as long as you stand there.

you'd think that with all the patrols they claim to have,visible policing would be enough. the truth is that there are NOT that many cars out there on the road,so they use tactics like these to give you the feeling that they can be there anytime,watching and waiting for you to do the wrong thing and get pounced on.

so basically,their goals are two-fold. 1. to scare you into the big brother way of thinking - that the second you go the slightest bit over the speed limit,or do something silly,they'll hit you like a lightening bolt from the sky and you'll be gone,so you'd better behave. or else!

2. to earn our required revenue so that we appear to be productive to the beancounters,and therefore keep our jobs,we have to catch a certain number of people doing the wrong thing each month.
we won't achieve this with marked cars,as people can see them a mile away and go back to being sheep long before we see them and can book them. to catch them in the act,we need to blend in,so we use unmarked and decoy cars.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:35 am 
Twin T51

Car: s13
i feel its more scare tactics from the coppers, there has been times i dont see any cops on the road for long periods.
so fergo is right about coppers going to unheard levels to get car hoons, me personally i can spot are cop car as soon as it is in my visibilty, so going undercover with p plates is just a tactic. very very shifty it has made me think abit more into now :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:26 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

andy's-s13 wrote:
hey sambo Andy here. where did that happen, was it in mt druitt, was it police badged :o

Was an unmarked commodore (white) and wasn't the latest model either. Green P plates on the back of it. Pulled over some riced up lancer
My work is in huntingwood and looks out to the great western highway. Cop car was pulling someone over heading westbound on the highway (not far from the shell servo on the corner leading to eastern creek track).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:36 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

When i was on my Ps I had a panel van with surf boards on the roof tailgate me for ages down wakehurst parkway. And when I say tailgate, I mean the car was practically touching the rear of mine. Then they'd slow down, speed up etc in an obvious attempt to get me to speed up (was a single lane road so no overtaking allowed). I stuck to the limit and refused to budge.
After a few minutes the car overtook me (illegally) and I saw two police officers in there.

There is a big difference between catching people in the act, and trying to force people to break the rules so you can bust them. The police car with the p plates on is the later option there, the same with the tail gater.
I'm sorry, but you can't break the law inorder to enforce it.

To be honest, I very rarely see much of a police presence on the roads. I treat every late model commodore, falcon and magna as a potential police car too. Even now in the double demerits, I have seen maybe 2 police cars on the roads. Andy, I don't know if you hear it, but most nights I hear people around my suburb doing burnouts or skids and driving fast down the small streets. Going by the sounds it's normally n/a cars doing it. Never hear any police sirens following them though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:19 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
I've been having a discussion with a cop, on another forum, about those kinds of tactics.

He's of the "if you don't do anything wrong you've got nothing to fear" school of thought. I came real close to replying with, "that's what every totalitarian state's leadership says".

I think I left it at, "its contrary to our ethos of being a free society and the assumption that its citizens are generally good"

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost