Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:37 pm 
T51

Car: bogankart
It isn't all that bad.. atleast your uni has nicer girls..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:43 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
i want a silvia wrote:
On another note, I am pleased to report the $1200 in library fines I had at UTS library were downgraded to $400 or so (because I eventually returned the books). Thinking that I wouldn't need to pay this $400, I logged in the other day to check my results for first semester and find out what I had failed. Turns out because of my overdue fines, I can't actually look at my results. I don't even think I can go back to uni until it is paid. Fuck uni. :evil:

Dude PM me regarding the fine

i MIGHT be able to help you out with something there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:49 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
i want a silvia wrote:
On another note, I am pleased to report the $1200 in library fines I had at UTS library were downgraded to $400 or so (because I eventually returned the books). Thinking that I wouldn't need to pay this $400, I logged in the other day to check my results for first semester and find out what I had failed. Turns out because of my overdue fines, I can't actually look at my results. I don't even think I can go back to uni until it is paid. Fuck uni. :evil:

Actually, after seeing that, i'd say karma is kicking you fair in the nuts. someone decides to let you off $800 in fines, karma says "not on my watch", BAM 800 bucks in damage to the new paint.....

seriously, for $1200 i assume you borrowed all your text books at the start of the semester and took them back after the exams?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:02 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
badhairdave wrote:
i want a silvia wrote:

Actually, after seeing that, i'd say karma is kicking you fair in the nuts. someone decides to let you off $800 in fines, karma says "not on my watch", BAM 800 bucks in damage to the new paint.....

seriously, for $1200 i assume you borrowed all your text books at the start of the semester and took them back after the exams?

Nah I actually borrowed some for an essay I was doing and some for my girlfriend who had an assignment on Gandhi (irony) or something...anyways, that was at the end of semester and i returned them in the holidays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:12 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Liz wrote:
what a shit week for everyone

I've had an extremely average week too!!!

must be the weather

Looks like a shit week for all.

Everything that could have gone wrong at work did go wrong, ended up wrapping a keyboard around my monitor, then having to spend the hour after that trying to find the fucking keys because I needed to write an email to 'explain my actions', had system installations that I went to, only to find the licences no ordered, plus other hardware that the sales guys didn't even include because they didn't check with the technical staff before finalising.

Went to another site, the sales person that co-ordinated the site was upgrading a DT 403 to a DT 406, whith additional hardware, but for those who know my work (mayhem knows this stuff) a DT403 has 8 digital ports but a DT 406 does not, but the loss of these 8 ports was not thought of, so now we have several pissed off customers.

Not to mention the parkings fines, EVERY SINGLE DAY last week I was booked at least once, sometimes twice for parking, problem with my work is when I go to site it's because shit hits the fan, I pay for parking, but because the shit is flying still, I cant say "sorry customer, no phones, no network, but just give me 10 minutes to feed the meter", so if I cant fix an issue in the 30 or 60 minute block, I usually cop a fucking fine.

twice in north Sydney I copped fines for parking, and I was literally reaching the meter as the officer starts booking me,, so within a few minutes of expiry, and within 2 minutes of him checking, but both times issued tickets.

My week was fucking horrid, I have to work for the next week to catch up on fines from last week, I still have to deal with the sales people's fuckups next week, and I still have my own personal issues to contend with, so my decision is, do I pull a few sick days from my bank of 3 yrs worth, or just face the music.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:00 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 180sx; WRX, 73 VW CONVERTIBLE
Mako wrote:
I found out the hardway that i camera i pass everyday for the last 7yrs is now bi-derectional. I assume that it was against the law for any fix camera to take a picture front on...
and that camera in bonnyrigg-elizabeth dr is not located in a blackspot... i cannot recall if there was any kind of accident that left serious injury or death. People have died on that road but that was to do with kids crossing near the school dangerously and hence speed was never a factor.

Sorry about the rant...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?? when did it become bi-directional??
Are you sure?? I haven't received anything in the mail....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:11 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
my old man died but I guess that doesn't count because it was the following week (25th) but don't sweat it... his time was up, and when it's your time to go, it's your time to go.

Something shitty happened yesterday though found out I have to go back to my old job :( so looks like I will be looking for a new job shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:18 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
I know you said no biggy, Paul, but my condolences to you my friend. I wouldn't feel right if I didn't say anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:41 am 
Token Old Guy

thanks mate but not really necessary. I think he is far better off since he had so many serious illinesses. Parkinsons, emphasemia, several strokes, pnumonia, diabetes, high blood pressure and a few others. He was just existing more than living and had no real quality of life...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:26 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
Just take it easy man and have your closet friends near u to give u support.

Its not easy........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:45 am 
Token Old Guy

I don't have any friends or a life for that matter, why do you think I post on this forum??? :lol:

Nah seriously I am absolutely fine. Eat junk food all your life, smoke for 30 years, 20-30 kgs overweight for 20-30 years and still make it to nearly 76 y.o.

I am an extremely logical person and he got a better then fair bat, so time to move over and let someone else breathe that air... (besides with all the medical conditions, it was just for the best).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:36 pm 
Twin T66

Damn man, sorry to hear about your dad.

I know he's probably better off now, with all the health issues and stuff he had, but it's still a sad time for you man, and condolences to you and your family.

I lost my grandmother a while ago, and although she had little quality of life, had gone almost blind, was almost deaf, and had many other issues, she was still a very big part of my life, my mum's life, my cousin and aunty's life, so she was very much missed.

My week this week hasn't been to bad considering the weekend I had.

I got my car stuck on the stupid speed humps going into Westfiled at Chatty, had a stupid fucking (removes ethnic background) driving his expensive Merc up my arse, and all that happened when accelerating was wheel spin due to 1 wheel only just touching the ground.

I got the shits after trying a few times, and let rip with 100% throttle, and let the car decide what it was doing, and before I knew it, I could hear the sirens behind me, cops where sitting 3 cars back.

The bitch cop didn't take my story of being stuck on the speed hump, and claimed "it was an awesome burnout', so she took the details and mailed me out the fine.

Fair enough though I spose, I smoked up a wheel, I got fined for it, would have been nice if the fuckwit behind be also got fined for tailgating though..

Just couldn't have happened at a worse time, $440 I really need at the moment, so I will just get a time to pay for the damn fine.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:32 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
Sorry to hear that Paul,

Though i know where you are coming from with your reaction to it as i went through a similar thing with a couple of grand parents a few years back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:17 pm 
Token Old Guy

Thanks guys.. I have dreaded the day that the first person in the family died for a very long time (guess I just think about death a lot and occassionally my own mortality, but if it happens it happens I won't loose any sleep over it :) yes pun intended).

It isn't as bad as I would have thought. I wasn't overly close to dad so it makes it a bit easier, but I think trying to support mum keeps me focused on what is important the living bit.

It would have been dads 76th birthday on Wednesday just gone so mum had a tough day but everyone in the family called just to see she was alright. So I guess she has had a sucky week too.

A fine sucks anytime Turbo Brian but occassionally I guess we all have to pay for our little indescrections.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:12 pm 
Twin T66

182Go wrote:
A fine sucks anytime Turbo Brian but occassionally I guess we all have to pay for our little indescrections.

I get my fair share of fines (mainly parking fines), but yeah was upset at the time with the 'burnout fine', they claimed it was a massive burnout, yet there is no marks to back up the theory.

Either way, what's done is done, there was enough smoke to call it a burnout, so I guess at the end of the day the cops are only doing what they are payed to do.

I will get over it.

B.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next