Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: People and Parking.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:44 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
what fucks me off is that I went to park in CHatswood Westfield last Thursday night.

There was a nice spot right next to the lifts at the bottom of the carpark, and a smaller Suzuki 4x4 parked next to it (he/she had reversed in, and had the wheels full lock for when they where ready to leave).

Seeing this, I deliberately parked as far to the right of the 4x4, so that when the "possible" wanker drove out, he wouldn't drag the arse of the 4x4 over the rear bumper on my car.

anyway, I come out, and the 4x4 is gone, and I dont see broken lights or anything, so I pack the car with the g/f.

This guy and his chick come over, and hand me the paper they where organising to place on my windscreen, where the fucking idiot moron that was currently parked there had hit the car and just walked off.

I check the damage, and it's right where I had previously had damage repaired, a bumped in panel, and light to moderate scratching down the panel and bumperbar which I hadn't noticed before when I checked the bumper.

When checking the other person's car, there is my blue pearl paint right down the side of their car.

anyway, went off the Westfield security to get the guy paged (after parking my car across his car so he wouldn't be vanishing as I was gone), and they came down, took details, took photos, etc.

While they where down, this idiot gomes back, askes me "it dat your car?" and tells me I needing to move the cars so he can leave.

I told him "this must be your silver shitbox then (he replies with yes), and you drove and hit my car (he replies yes), and you didn't even bother to fucking leave details so I could get into contact with you to get my car fixed where you brake my car??? (then he replies: I only be gone a little while).

For fuck sake, he's got a box of business cards in his car, yet he cant leave one on my windscreen.

Security took all the licence details and so-forth, and then I took his details as well, but when I asked about insurance, he told me he have none, so my heart is sunk now.

His wife said they are happy to paying for damages, until I told her my paint was a pearl mix, then she wanted to know prices and rough estimations.

I showed her the $900 invoice from the previous repair job, and she said they will cover it, I just need to get quotes to show them, and they will pay.

If he doesn't pay, god better be on his side, but it's a shame that he had about 1 meter of room extra to park where I purposefully parked right up against the cement poll, but the dick still hit my car, and the thing that hurts, the prick had no intentions of leaving details, and after all the echanging of details was finished, he goes back into the shopping centre, yet he urgently needed me to move my car so they could leave (I think he was hoping that I hadn't noticed the damage, and he had come back to move the car to a new spot so I wouldn't be able to see my paint on his car, and I highly doubt he had any intensions of actually letting me know about the damage).

Fucking barstards, it's not like it's hard to park a car, especially when

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:31 pm 
Twin T51

Car: S13 K
if you have such bad luck and expensive paint... why take the car to the shops? I always make an effort to not take my car unless an emergency.

also pearl? when i saw it at the dyno night, looks like normal blue, didn't see a pearl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:00 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
Yes Turbo_Brian, Westfield is a shocker. In fact, any shopping centre is terrible.

For that reason, especially at Westfield or Chatswong Chase, I always park on the top level, even if its the rooftop. There are far less people parked up there always - people are lazy these days, and you can get a little bit of exercise going down the stairs, and hopefully peace of mind that some douche isn't going to scrape the side of your car.

I hope he pays you though. What a dick. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:06 pm 

Car: MKV Golf
Westfield Chatswood definately sucks. Someone keyed my car there pretty much right after i bought it. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:57 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
yes i know about carpark hit and run!!! bastards

they suck

carparks suck

people suck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:19 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
I catch the train when I go to Westfield Chatswood cause im scarred of shit happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:40 am 
Twin T66

Biggles wrote:
if you have such bad luck and expensive paint... why take the car to the shops? I always make an effort to not take my car unless an emergency.

also pearl? when i saw it at the dyno night, looks like normal blue, didn't see a pearl.

It was our fortnightly shopping, so there was too much stuff to carry between 2 people, and I cant afford taxi's and shit for a trip that's less than 1 km, and I rather not take a shopping trolley, because 9 out of 10 times, it ends up in the carpark threatening cars in our complex (some idiot thinks the trolleys are better off in the carpark, than on the side of the footpath where they can be collected).

Also, with regards to the pearl, if you see my car when it's cleaned and polished, you will see a very minor pearl coat throughout the paint, I know it's pearl, because I had the panels eye-matched previously for EXACTLY the same damage on exactly the same area, it's called "midnight blue pearl", and is a custom colour, not a standard Nissan release.

To see the pearl flake, you need to have the car in nice bright natural sunlight.

Personally, the paint is not of concern, if you have seen the condition of the paintwork, you would know I am not bothered, and I am actually looking at a complete respray in a slightly different colour anyway, but it's the fact that this dick was open in admitting he hit the car, and showed straight up no care or problem with it, and didn't leave details.

It's by pure luck that I found out, and was able to pretty much corner him into giving his details up.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:46 am 
Quad T51

I didnt know chatty westfield was that bad, ill definitely be parking on the top level now if i have to go there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:20 pm 
Twin T51

Car: freakin' mirage
I don't think it's ever really going to matter where you park, it's all luck of the draw whether the people that park near, come close, or even see your car are the type that would marry their own siblings or not, and unfortunately there are alot of these "snaggletooth" types about. *Gets out banjo*.

As Zei said

Quote:
PEOPLE SUCK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:55 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
i got a good one for you today. a perfect example of a 4WD owner

two spots next to each other. she parked with the left wheels right on the line, so when i wanted to park in the remaining spot, i could barely get out of my car. i did in the end, but i wrore her numberplate down incase she took kids home with her and smacked up my car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:44 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: s15
im still wearing my parking damage on my front bar

people just have no respect and common decency these days :evil:

good to see you caught the people and brought down some well deserved justice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:41 pm 
Twin T66

EVILS15 wrote:
im still wearing my parking damage on my front bar

people just have no respect and common decency these days :evil:

good to see you caught the people and brought down some well deserved justice

Well, I've caught them, BUT now I need to take time out of my stupidly busy life, waste time are repairers and put up with their "ohh, it's too small" bullshit to get 3 quotes (by legal requirement), before they (the idiots that cant park) decide to pay my cousin to perform the job at half the price.

Bah, when the arse pays up, I will be happy, not that I am getting the money, I have already offered him to write up a check in the name of the repairer, that way he can be assured I am not receiving any benifits, but he is fairly and duely paying for my repair.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:02 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: s15
Turbo_Brian wrote:
Well, I've caught them, BUT now I need to take time out of my stupidly busy life, waste time are repairers and put up with their "ohh, it's too small" bullshit to get 3 quotes (by legal requirement), before they (the idiots that cant park) decide to pay my cousin to perform the job at half the price.

True it is a hassle, but these things happen to the best of us, at least you've got just about the best resolution you can hope for (i.e. catching the perpetrator and having them agree to pay-up).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:05 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 2000 200sx S15 Spec R (Japan)
hey guys,

call me a noob but i drive my car everywhere i go, thats y i bought it lol

its about careful parking choice, if you can, find that parking spot with a pillar on both sides, or the one where nobody can get near you.

Also an idea im looking into, its a camera, you put it temp on the dash of ur car, facing outwards, and every time something moves it takes a photo, so if you do get hit, the you most likely have a photo of the perpetrating car driving off, otherwise, u have useless pics to be deleted.

not cheap, but maybe if one has pearl paint or the like, a worthwhile idea?

the one I hate is when you are forced to park on the street, and the garbos get ur car in their drunken state after a big night, the edge of a garbage truck is not a friendly padded surface! (happened to a mates subaru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:17 pm 
Twin T66

DC-3132 wrote:
hey guys,

call me a noob but i drive my car everywhere i go, thats y i bought it lol

its about careful parking choice, if you can, find that parking spot with a pillar on both sides, or the one where nobody can get near you.

I tried the careful parking thing, I had actually spotted the only parking left on that floor, and noticed the 4x4 parked next to it, which has reversed into the spot, and angled the front tires in a way that if they drove out like that, they would have taken most of the rear of the car, therefore when I parked, I parked right up against the cement pillar on the other side, almost not being able to get out.

Then after I went shopping, the 4x4 left without touching my car (my mission achieved successfully), then this fucker parks and while parking hits my car.

Anyway, I got a few quotes, and met up with Patrick Wa Ng to discuss the issue of funds and costs, I had 2 quotes, plus an offer from my cousin who is working in smash repairs.

The quotes where $1053.18 from Cleverland Motors in Glebe, and $1298.90 from the Import repairer from down the road in Abercrombie Street, and an offer from my cousin for $800.

This guy sees these quotes, and sees the complete list of work involved, detailing removal of bumper, lights, brackets, boot interior, etc, to matching paint, time in the spray booth, and repair time.

After about 20 minutes of mulling the quotes over, and looking at my cousin's written offer of repair, he turns around and offers to get me matching touch-up paint, and give me $300 to cover the cost of repairing the dent.

I told the fucker, he now has 3 months from the time I get the 3rd and final quote to either accept 1 of the 3 quotes, or my cousin's offer and pay my cousin directly (therefore I am not pocketing any of the moneys and benifitting), or I will take him to court for damaging my property.

Fucking tight arse fucked up (insert the rest of the sentence here).

It's typical of this type of person to see a fucking quote for over $1,000 and then offer $300 to cover costs, what a fucker.