Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:09 am 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
1. Drive slower than the speed limit on a crystal clear day, on an open road with hardly any traffic, and no reason other than "feeling like it"to travel anything up to 30Km/h UNDER the speed limit.

And

2. Driving in the right hand lane of an open highway, travelling at the same speed as the person directly next to them, giving no consideration that people might want to overtake, and when asked about their stupid behaviour, reply with I was overtaking him, but not wanting to brake the speed limit".

Now the Story: Since I have been in Qld, the amount of dumb arses that always have to sit next to the other driver in the right hand lane, overtaking but only doing about 1km/h more than the guy beside them, and when you encounter these cock suckers, you find that horns, high beams and even throwing shit at them has no effect, you just have to either overtake on the grass (not a good idea), or wait the 10 - 20 minutes while the fucker overtakes.

If you look back in the rear view mirror every 5 minutes, you can almost garauntee the traffic banking up has almost doubled or even trippled in size while you have been waiting.

Farkin stupid drivers, no wonder Qld won the highest road toll war this holidays just gone....

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:28 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
im impatient like that, and i know its bad, but it pisses me off. i generally start with putting on my head lights, then if they havent moved over, highbeams, then i drive FAR too close to them to scare them and swerve left and right so they can see how pissed off i am. some people are SO dead to the world that they still dont notice people doing that to them. and you're right, when you pass them and give you filthies, they have no idea what went on.

however they are well within their rights to not exceed the speed limit. i generally reserve that for people that are overtaking but not doing the speed limit. that also occurs a lot too!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:58 am 
Twin T66

zei20l wrote:
however they are well within their rights to not exceed the speed limit. i generally reserve that for people that are overtaking but not doing the speed limit. that also occurs a lot too!!

Ahh, but when your on a road signposted 80km/h or higher, it is law that you stay in the left most lane unless overtaking.

Thus the massive white signs (which Qld seems to lack, although the same rule aplies) KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING.

Now technically, they ARE overtaking, because come high-end or Christmas, they will eventually (maybe) get completely past the guy in the left lane (or die from old agein the process), but this is where it shits me, when they sit on the same speed as the flogg-off beside them, and then you have both of them doing 90 - 98km/h in a 110km/h zone.

I sat behind a pair of these flogs for 30 minutes, I tried headlights, high beams, fog lights, spot lights, traveling about 5mm off the guys bumper (the responce was him tapping the brakes, so he knew I was there at least), and after recovering from a 4wheel lock-up, I resumed a safe distance, honked, screamed, yelled, then found ot wheel studs, and started throwing them at him, and he finally passed the jerk-off beside him and moved over allowing the rest of the world to resume the speed limit.

Nothing I did was going to get old pa to either speed up and overtake sensibly, or slow down and merge in allowing the rest of civilisation to continue to drive.

Shits me to tears!!!!!

And this is what causes build-up of anger, which in tern causes lack of concentration, and then your not watching as something happens and you have an accident, OR you see that nice gap that requires you to attempt to pass with 2 wheels slightly on the grass, only to find when you get onto the grass, you cant get traction on the road, and youtr just creating a very nice looking rooster's tail in the grass at 110km/h.

Take the old farts off the road and test them from 65 onwards (damn sunday drivers).

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:00 am 
Twin T66

zei20l wrote:

Ahh, but when your on a road signposted 80km/h or higher, it is law that you stay in the left most lane unless overtaking.

Thus the massive white signs (which Qld seems to lack, although the same rule aplies) KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING.

Now technically, they ARE overtaking, because come high-end or Christmas, they will eventually (maybe) get completely past the guy in the left lane (or die from old agein the process), but this is where it shits me, when they sit on the same speed as the flogg-off beside them, and then you have both of them doing 90 - 98km/h in a 110km/h zone.

I sat behind a pair of these flogs for 30 minutes, I tried headlights, high beams, fog lights, spot lights, traveling about 5mm off the guys bumper (the responce was him tapping the brakes, so he knew I was there at least), and after recovering from a 4wheel lock-up, I resumed a safe distance, honked, screamed, yelled, then found ot wheel studs, and started throwing them at him, and he finally passed the jerk-off beside him and moved over allowing the rest of the world to resume the speed limit.

Nothing I did was going to get old pa to either speed up and overtake sensibly, or slow down and merge in allowing the rest of civilisation to continue to drive.

Shits me to tears!!!!!

And this is what causes build-up of anger, which in tern causes lack of concentration, and then your not watching as something happens and you have an accident, OR you see that nice gap that requires you to attempt to pass with 2 wheels slightly on the grass, only to find when you get onto the grass, you cant get traction on the road, and youtr just creating a very nice looking rooster's tail in the grass at 110km/h.

Take the old farts off the road and test them from 65 onwards (damn sunday drivers).

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:53 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Turbo_Brian wrote:
...traveling about 5mm off the guys bumper...

How about if we take the unnecessarily reckless idiots off the road at the same time?

Seriously, unless your heart has stopped beating or the end of the world is coming, I don't know how you can justify this kind of behaviour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:32 am 
Quad T88

Car: Nissan 180SX
ahh cypher dont be such a gaylord we have all been victim to people travelling slower than the speed limit at one point in time, i can understand where brian was coming from it is frustrating as a road user to say the least.

yesterday coming back from newcaslte the traffic in the f3 was denser than usual of course it is a sunday afternoon, however i dont justify the left hand lanes travelling faster than the right hand lane on a motorway. some people dont get the idea of "keep left unless overtaking" it is very inconsiderate and dangerous if they are traveling that slow in the right hand lane.

on the other hand, if the guy infront of me is doing the speed limit i dont see why i need to get past him unless its an emergency, but, if they are doing 30km/h below the posted speed limit then its angry mark time :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:02 pm 
Quad T51

I usually find that for people in the right lane travelling the same speed, if I go relatively close to them and flash my high beams they will get the message and shift over to the left.

If they dont move over after a few flashes it doesnt piss me off that much, I dont get worked up about it. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:30 pm 
T28

Car: The Jet
Anyone who travels to and from work every day on major motorways (ie. myself) will tell you how 98% of drivers in Sydney seem to be oblivious to the "keep left unless overtaking" law... It is definitely something that needs to be policed alot harder!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:33 pm 
T51

Car: S12
Doing dangerous shit like tailgating is just stupid - what's worse, if they tap their brakes and you hit them, it will be YOUR fault. Just stay in the right lane and wait. While waiting, do the maths and realise they delayed your journey's end by probably 30 seconds. Unless your wife's spitting out a kid in the back seat, big fucking deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:56 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
Fester wrote:
Unless your wife's spitting out a kid in the back seat, big fucking deal.

lol. well said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:06 pm 
Twin T66

Fester wrote:
DJust stay in the right lane and wait. While waiting, do the maths and realise they delayed your journey's end by probably 30 seconds.

I dont usually bother, and usually, if I get flustered in any sort of way, the high beams work.

Try traveling for 30 minutes straight at 30km/h UNDER the speed limit because 2 clowns are purposefully holding back traffic, and see if it doesn't piss you off.

Doing the maths, it's a little more than 30 minutes lost off a trip that was 1067kms long, so loosing 30km/h for a trip that long was a loss of about 20 minutes, but driving that distance in a single go is pretty hard work (which I do regularly).

I had sat on this incodent for 6 days trying to get over how 2 people could be as stupid as to sit from 20 - 30km/h under the speed limit for over 15 km's straight, but after being in Qld for a while, I have seen that most people will sit from 5 - 15km/h under the limit and choose which ever lane they feel like, and if it slows you and your trip down, stiff fucking shit, because it's what they want.

SOME drivers today are selfish cunts and wont do anything curteous for other drivers if it's not what they want.

I am the type of driver that will keep left unless I am overtaking, I wont dribble-fart around if I do overtake, I do the job, then move back across and continue, if someone slows to give me merging space, I will wave OUTSIDE the car (rain or not) to signal acknowledgement and appreciation, if I see someone coming up behind me, I will move and give them room, and if I dont think I am confident driving at the speed limit, I will make sure there is space for those who are more confident to pass and continue their journey, but some of the people today are just pricks, and wont do a fucking thing for other drivers.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:45 pm 
T66 Hybrid

BLISTC wrote:
yesterday coming back from newcaslte the traffic in the f3 was denser than usual of course it is a sunday afternoon, however i dont justify the left hand lanes travelling faster than the right hand lane on a motorway.

Mark, despite the lower speed limit I always find it quicker to travel on the OPH instead of the F3 and that is without exceeding the speed limit.

Even if the F3 is smooth flowing, the OPH is a lot more fun and feels quicker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:50 pm 
Quad T88

Car: Nissan 180SX
banzai wrote:
BLISTC wrote:
yesterday coming back from newcaslte the traffic in the f3 was denser than usual of course it is a sunday afternoon, however i dont justify the left hand lanes travelling faster than the right hand lane on a motorway.

Mark, despite the lower speed limit I always find it quicker to travel on the OPH instead of the F3 and that is without exceeding the speed limit.

Even if the F3 is smooth flowing, the OPH is a lot more fun and feels quicker.

phil, i sure as hell know that, but the increase in police presence on the old pac due to idiot motorcyle riders killing themselves means that id rather not take it these days, also, the speed limit on the old pac is 60km/h now which takes out all the fun becasue you actually have to go slow through the corners now :( *cry*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:07 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

BLISTC wrote:
phil, i sure as hell know that, but the increase in police presence on the old pac due to idiot motorcyle riders killing themselves means that id rather not take it these days, also, the speed limit on the old pac is 60km/h now which takes out all the fun becasue you actually have to go slow through the corners now :( *cry*

This is a little O/T but I haven't seen any cops past Brooklyn...

BLISTC wrote:
ahh cypher dont be such a gaylord we have all been victim to people travelling slower than the speed limit at one point in time, i can understand where brian was coming from it is frustrating as a road user to say the least.

Yeah it's frustating but my point is that it doesn't give you the right to behave like an idiot. Everyone's far too wound up on the roads today. Also, I'm not gay - that's Razor's job! :lol:

Last edited by cypher1024 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:12 pm 
T51

Car: S12
Turbo_Brian wrote:
some of the people today are just pricks, and wont do a fucking thing for other drivers.

Yep, sadly true. Your incident does sound particularly special, but it does show up how everyone really needs to put a bit more thought into how they drive. Its rude to block the freeway like that, but its also rude (and extremely dangerous) to try to force people to drive in a way they don't want to by tailgating, highbeaming, honking, etc. Your right lane problem sounds to me like a pretty clear-cut case of you behaving even more offensively than they were. Once you'd made it plain you wanted to get past you could have backed off and left them room to maneouver instead of carrying on dangerously and probably annoying the shit out of them. At that point I wouldn't have let you past for 30k's either.

Mind you, I'm a bit of an obnoxious cunt at the best of times ;)