Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1990 S13 for sale
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:06 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
Been a while since I've logged in here, not sure how many people are looking here anymore, but worth a shot.
The S13 I've owned for many years. Attempted to sell a few times, but never happened. Now it absolutely must go. Reason for sale is my 5 year old son can barely fit in the back!

Details as follows:
1990 Nissan S13 Silvia
Was CA18DE auto from the factory, has been converted to SR20DET 5-sp manual by one of the previous owners.
Rego till mid Nov 2013
Odometer reads at 151,XXXkm but this is most likely inaccurate. I would say it's closer to 200,000km
Body is straight. Only accident I know of is when some gronk pulled out of a driveway without looking and hit my passenger door, which was repaired completely and was not a major issue anyway.

Mods:
Turbo upgraded since I bought it to T28 from a S14a 200SX, running only 8 PSI and never boosted over that.
Front mount intercooler
Pod filter
Front strut brace
Front brakes replaced with slotted discs and 4 pot calipers (from a skyline).
3 inch turbo back exhaust with high flow cat
Lowered suspension using NISMO shocks (slightly lower and stiffer than the standard ones, but still pretty good for normal road use)
BSA 17 inch rims.
S15 fuel pump (from a Jap Spec R)
S14a front seats
Aftermarket steering wheel (factory one included if I can find it in my shed)
MP3/CD player stereo
6x9 speakers in the rear on a custom parcel shelf

I had it dynoed about 4 years ago with these exact mods and it pulled 162kw at the rear wheels. Plenty of room for improvement with a bit more boost.

Paintwork reflects its age. It's not bad but there are a few spots where it has faded and on the front bar it's peeled a bit in one spot (has been like that since I bought it). I used to keep it garaged at my old home, my current home only has a car port. For a 23 year old car you can't expect the paintwork to be perfect anyway, but I think it looks considerably better than others of similar age.

Recent mechanical work has included:
New brake pads all round
new rear brake discs
Clutch master and slave cylinders replaced
Brake cylinder replaced
Was serviced recently

Issues:
A/C does not work. I think some parts of the A/C system are missing. Has never worked since I have owned the car. Heater and fan work though.
Fuel pump is possibly on the way out. It is from an S15. Relatively cheap and easy to fix, I just don't have the time to go looking for the part. Still completely drivable, just wont go as well as it should.
The tip of the muffler is dented a little bit due to a big speed bump pushing the muffler against the tow hook.
There is a slight engine knock. It has been there for a few years but seems to go away for a while after an oil change. I change the oil roughly every 5000kms.

Some spare parts will also be included in the sale which I can list if anyone is seriously interested.

Looking for around the $3k mark for a quick sale and taking into account the issues. Similar ones on carsales are listed for more so I think this is reasonable. I've already dropped the price to take into consideration the flaws with it and limited time left on the rego.

I am located in Western Sydney. My number and address can be PMed if anyone is keen. Sorry for the long post, but I want to be as descriptive as possible so that any potential buyers know exactly what to expect.

Cheers,

Sam

Post subject: Re: 1990 S13 for sale
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:14 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
Car is sold.
And I just realise I put this in the wrong forum :oops: