All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:31 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: s15
“HANDS ON Engine Performance Tuning Day”
Master Instructor: Yavuz of Unigroup Engineering

Proudly brought to you by ALPHA OMEGA Parts and Services
First of its kind

Are you a DIYer who has modified your own car and wants to tune it too?
Are you an automotive enthusiast wanting to learn more about getting the most out of your engine and your modifications?
Maybe an aspiring engine tuner?

Then you will love this day!
This is for all automotive enthusiasts to broaden your knowledge of how to improve your overall engine performance, plus get hands on dyno time.
  • Find out the secrets to tuning!
  • Get hands on interactive dyno tuning on one of your own cars (under professional supervision so it won’t get harmed)
  • You specify exactly what you want to learn
  • No question too hard, too silly, or too off limits
  • Very small group size: 6 people only

Soooo... what exactly is this?
We have finally convinced master tuner Yavuz Guven of highly-respected Unigroup Engineering to teach you anything you’ve ever wanted to know about engine tuning. There is no set “course” as Yavuz will teach you what you want to learn and nothing that you don’t. Anything can be taught and you literally define the contents of the day.

Seriously, what can I learn?
Anything! Here are some of the things you may want to learn:
  • I just installed a new modification; can you show me how to retune the car to get the most out of it?
  • What is the right AFR to use and what happens if I change it?
  • How can I pass EPA emissions tests?
  • How can I fix what is causing knock/ping/detonation?
  • What is a safe level of boost for my engine?
  • How do we choose the right camshafts?

What else makes this different?

Introductory offer $350 with free lunch and cold drinks
Don’t hesitate as the first session at the special rate of $350 is filling up fast (4 spots booked already), all sessions will still be value for money at $499 but not at this super special once-only promotional offer.
Promotional offer valid for the first 6 people / first full session.
All enquiries and bookings to: ALPHA OMEGA Parts & Services: community@ao-ps.com
  • We encourage that you come with your group of friends to learn and train, so you can bounce ideas with people that you are comfortable with
  • We will place you in a suitable group based on your knowledge/skill level to maximise learning potential
  • Each group is to bring one car for practical dyno tuning exercises – the owner of the car can keep the tune. First in best dressed!
  • For larger groups we can customise a day specifically for you and your needs. For a package deal, please enquire for more information

Sounds great! Give me the details
Time: 10am – 4pm
Day: Sunday's
Date: Upcoming dates: May 30, June 13, June 20, June 27, July 4
All enquiries and bookings to: ALPHA OMEGA Parts & Services: community@ao-ps.com

Bookings
Please send us an email expressing your interest and we will reply with a short questionnaire to understand you and your needs, and steps to secure your spot.
Bookings to: ALPHA OMEGA Parts & Services: community@ao-ps.com

One more thing...
Industry Exclusion
Because the sessions are designed specifically to support the community at such good value we will not accept any bookings for these sessions from applicants already in professional tuning industry/tuning for profit. If you are interested to further your professional tuning skills please enquire for coaching options.

About Yavuz and Unigroup Engineering

Yavuz first started high performance engine tuning in the early 1990’s on carburettors. He proceeded on to formal education at the University of Technology Sydney gaining a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, which is his greatest strength as a high performance engine tuner. Since then, Yavuz has participated in countless training courses including those held by engine management system manufacturers, and has also worked in the field of vehicle emissions testing which further strengthens his tuning experience and knowledge.

In 2002 Yavuz co-started Unigroup Engineering with the main focus being high performance engine tuning. This key aspect differentiates Unigroup Engineering from the others as their core business, from the very first day, has been dyno tuning. On average Yavuz spends 20 hours a week tuning high performance cars as well as tuning for best emissions for EPA tests; he has tuned hundreds of cars to date used for road, rally, drift, drag and circuit racing.

His passion is now in high tech high performance turbocharged fuel injected vehicles but still likes old school carburettors and distributors.

Last edited by _Wing_ on Thu May 13, 2010 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: S15
Man this is such a good opportunity!

How structured is the session?, is it topic by topic in depth, or is it just a few random questions thrown around by us and some verbal answers back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:25 pm 
TO4

Sounds really cool actually! Always wanted to go to some sort of tuning or engine work courses...

But on the other hand it's a little on a pricey end...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:26 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Yavuz is thorough with all his answers and will spend the time to explain everything, and that's just for a random person walking into his workshop.
With this day, you start by completing a questionnaire so he can understand you, group you with your friends/people like you and then he will structure the day specific to the group... when you arrive on the day you can just get straight into the good stuff, including lots of dyno time :D

Price wise, think of what $350 gets you... a touch up tune? $500 gets you a touch up tune, some lunch and some spare coin for an oil change. This day can teach you how to touch the tune up yourself for the mods now and the ones in the future (if that's what you'd like to learn).
On top of that you can learn how to choose turbo/cams/manifolds, understand how head work will affect your response/power/combustion efficiency, how to pass EPA or tune for E85...... literally anything you can think of about performance engines, he can teach you from his 6 years of full time mechanical engineer studies or his 10+ years of tuning experience.

What's out there are courses with big groups (little one-on-one time), little hands on time, and for a few hundred to a few thousand dollars you have to sit through all the boring useless stuff, then come back/pay more to learn a few more things that they want to teach you, not what you want to learn.
For the money there is *absolutely nothing* out there that will come close to this, which is why I've booked myself in ASAP for the cheap intro price :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:47 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: S15
This would be awesome for me if he chooses my car as an example,
runs E85, and ill get a free touch up out of it! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:56 am 
T04 Hybrid

I came at the end and I learned so much in that little timeframe, like how and why ignition timing affects torque so much, fuel atomization, usage and economy, decay and corrections.
Yavuz is exceptionally knowledgeable and skilled as you can expect from a person who holds a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and is also a seasoned professional dyno tuner, especially when it comes to explaining concepts in regular english.

Unigroup Engineering and ALPHA OMEGA would like to thank the first group (including a female, OMG?) for their support, and the next session will be up in the next post...

Here some quotes from the participants on the day:

Quote:
Well, I can highly recommend the day. I went to the 14March session, and thought it was well worth it, even if you aren't going to actively tune your own.

First up, some basic knowledge, and an understanding of what people wanted to gain out of the day. Once we'd gained some basic insight, on to test out some of the theory on the dyno, with everyone getting time to sit with Yavuz in the car and dial in and out more fuel and more advance, and see the effect on power...

Quote:
I can not describe just how good this day was. The knowledge that yavus and his team where passing on was priceless, and can only come from years of experiance. The day was great we covered a range of topics. Not just spacific tuning topics but mechanical ones and how it effects tuning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:58 am 
T04 Hybrid

Next sesion, dates available are: April 18, April 25, May 2, May 9, May 16

We group people with similar skills and knowledge, so the best thing is to select as many dates as possible that suits your schedule and if there are enough similar people to yourself, we will go ahead with a date that the whole group is available on.

Also, Unigroup Engineering were so happy with the way the first session went that they will extend the $350 offer :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:16 am 
T04 Hybrid

The next session's dates are (Sunday's): May 30, June 13, June 20, June 27, July 4
(Note that these are all the possible dates for the one session - whichever date suits all participants is the date the course will be held).