Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:11 am 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
Timo wrote:
RamR1 wrote:
Then being passenger in Timo's car which had R888 there was a massive difference in grip levels and how the tire coped with the heat, also braking ability.

rears have got RE55's and fronts are Advans.

the brakes were the best thing for me the whole day. the car pulled up really quickly and there was NO brake fade AT ALL.

Ah, you still have my old tyres on there. Did you end up having problems with scrubbing? Those tyres will be pretty dead now if you got a full day in. You will find new tyres will make a huge difference, particularly on the front as the Advans don't like too many heat cycles and they have had a lot.

For anyone who is interested Taleb Tyres have some good prices on r888's atm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:34 pm 
T66

Car: Black S15 Spec R '01
badhairdave wrote:
Ah, you still have my old tyres on there. Did you end up having problems with scrubbing? Those tyres will be pretty dead now if you got a full day in. You will find new tyres will make a huge difference, particularly on the front as the Advans don't like too many heat cycles and they have had a lot.

For anyone who is interested Taleb Tyres have some good prices on r888's atm

yep, same tires. they went pretty well actually. i guess i dont have anything to compare them to as i have never been on the track before. but they were definitely better than my crappy street tyres.

Louis at drift garage fixed up the scrubbing problems :wink:. i did all 4 corners while i was there and figured may as well flare the rears as well, as i will most likely, eventually, be getting wider street rims.

cheap r888's ay. there were a lot of people running those tyres on the day. ive also done a bit of reading on them and they seem to be ok. i might have to get me some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:49 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: S13 Silvia
Yeah get some semi's - you will not believe the difference they make!!!

When Loui 'flared' the rear do you mean lipped or flared? Did this require a respray or did he do it and manage to not crack the paint?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:43 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: S14A
reaper wrote:
your doing it wrong, your meant to be getting that angle a few metres to the left :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:49 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: S14A
Timo wrote:

the brakes were the best thing for me the whole day. the car pulled up really quickly and there was NO brake fade AT ALL.

i always seem to find the brakes my cars strong point, they must get pretty hot too as the whole wheels are hot after a few laps.

what brakes you running Timo ?

ive got RDA rotors and racebrake pads all round with dot5.1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:25 am 
Twin T04

Car: R34 GTR Vspec II Nur
Tiop wrote:
reaper wrote:
your doing it wrong, your meant to be getting that angle a few metres to the left :D

you had the right angle, instead of being on the brakes shoulda been on the accelerator with a bit of handbrake here and there and you would of made it around fine :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:28 am 
T66

Car: Black S15 Spec R '01
srs13, well he lipped/rolled the guards first, then flared them out. its a 2 stage process.

it will need a respray, we found some bog on the driver side from a previous owner :evil: generally when you flare the guards they will need to be sprayed, when you lip/roll the gaurds you might get away with no spray, just depends on the condition of the paint, and whether you or previous owners have had repairs there.

Tiop, i am running Project MU pads, HC+ on the fronts, NS on the rear. DBA 4000 slotted front rotors, stock rears. braided front lines, cusco brake cylinder stopper, motul RBF600.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7