Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:31 pm 
T28

Car: S13
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xbbZ1xn6tyY&fmt=18
Thanks to all you SilviaNSW.com boys that came out! Heaps good, here's the video!

Quote:
NissanSilvia.com Meet 12/09/08 from Rouse Hill Shops (Biggest shopping centre in Southern Hemisphere) down Windsor Road to the local McDonalds for a feed, finally, and by 1am to Homebush P6 where we meet the 'Rainbow Boys' (The Shire Crew of NS) which featured a nice Mazda RX7 with joker headlights.

Finally we parted once more to Hey Hey's (the kebab shop) on parramatta Road. All in all it was an awesome night!

The intro contains footage from the Liverpool Krispy Kreme meet from the 10/09/08 and the Rouse Hill meet from last week (5/09/08).

The meet also contained members from the general Hardtuned.net community and also SilviaNSW.com

This has been my 2nd Car video for FL Productions, everytime i make another one i learn something new but relatively a 'newbie' by some!

The meet had everything from Nissan Silvia S13, S14, 180sx, S15, 200sx, RX7, Toyota Supra.

It was a great night, and we welcome any new faces to the meets! Thanks for watching.

Please Rate highly (5/5) and leave some feedback in the video comment section =D

Props to Shiela and Jason for recording along windsor road as i can't drive and record =D
It was a great night, and everyone was well behavioured! Thanks guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:26 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
I'm not going to rate that video highly. What a total waste of time.

Check out a local film/video editing course before you waste my bandwith again.

:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:00 pm 
T28

Whats wrong with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:38 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
*Thread cleaned up*

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:55 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
Like i said before i reckon its a pretty good effort

Looks like you planned a little too to be able to get ahead of the pack and video them coming in to areas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:09 pm 
Twin T66

Front Line wrote:
Whats wrong with it?

If you want tips, here you go:

1. Get rid of the filter at the start. Not necessary.
2. Get rid of the four frame split from 0:20 to 1:00.
3. Having cars entering a car park is boring and well...boring. If you want to make it slightly more interesting, shoot from lower angles. This makes the cars look more aggressive in the setting, rather than small and insignificant.
4. Don't shoot seat covers, gear knobs, and head lights! People want to see what's under the bonnet. Again, a tripod and low angles of bodywork (minimal) followed by under bonnet shots or stills usually suffice.
5. Try interviewing people to break the monotony. People often have anecdotes about their car or interesting facts.
6. Terrible choice in music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:05 am 
T03

Car: S15
DID IT MYSELF.......

Last edited by RYD11R on Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:32 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: ..

Last edited by YK51RF on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:53 am 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
Front Line wrote:
Whats wrong with it?

He asked the question and got a response from someone that knows about film editing.

I will delete any comments that I feel like deleting. There is no point leaving arguments here that take the thread off-topic. If you have a problem with that, then leave. There are other forums around you can talk crap on

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:53 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
Wasn't too bad.. choice of music from the middle on was a bit well...
Yeah under bonnet action would have been good. Maybe a couple of secs of the 4 way but was hard trying to watch all 4 at the same time for too long. All and all not too bad for an non professional effort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:14 pm 
T28

i want a silvia wrote:
I'm not going to rate that video highly. What a total waste of time.

Check out a local film/video editing course before you waste my bandwith again.

:x

i want a silvia wrote:
Front Line wrote:
Whats wrong with it?

If you want tips, here you go:

1. Get rid of the filter at the start. Not necessary.
2. Get rid of the four frame split from 0:20 to 1:00.
3. Having cars entering a car park is boring and well...boring. If you want to make it slightly more interesting, shoot from lower angles. This makes the cars look more aggressive in the setting, rather than small and insignificant.
4. Don't shoot seat covers, gear knobs, and head lights! People want to see what's under the bonnet. Again, a tripod and low angles of bodywork (minimal) followed by under bonnet shots or stills usually suffice.
5. Try interviewing people to break the monotony. People often have anecdotes about their car or interesting facts.
6. Terrible choice in music

Your first original response wasn't necessary, if you said what you did the 2nd post in your original it would of been better appreciated for 'some' of the tips only. U gotta remember dood, that was my 2nd week with that camera, and my 2nd attempt at that program. I am by no means financial supported or sponsored and this was more of an attempt to capture the moment then make some flash trialer for a movie, nor is it a car documentary.

Had i of taken the approach and interviewed a few people, it may of been...well...different. But that's not my type of filming, nor was it that night...maybe later, but i got other ideas that i'd like to throw in before i do that 'ignition' type of video...(remember that they actually get paid).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:51 pm 
Twin T66

Front Line wrote:

Your first original response wasn't necessary, if you said what you did the 2nd post in your original it would of been better appreciated for 'some' of the tips only. U gotta remember dood, that was my 2nd week with that camera, and my 2nd attempt at that program. I am by no means financial supported or sponsored and this was more of an attempt to capture the moment then make some flash trialer for a movie, nor is it a car documentary.

Had i of taken the approach and interviewed a few people, it may of been...well...different. But that's not my type of filming, nor was it that night...maybe later, but i got other ideas that i'd like to throw in before i do that 'ignition' type of video...(remember that they actually get paid).

Wasn't necessary? Perhaps your video wasn't necessary either.

Well, you have to remember there are PLENTY of people out there who get absolutely zip in way of financial support. Just because someone gives you money, doesn't mean that you have skill.

Keep working away at it and try not to be too precious when someone rightfully criticises you. For the love of God, do not make another Ignition DVD! :lol:

NIDA (and a heap of other places) run short video production and video editing courses. They are well worth a look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:24 pm 
Retard

Car: Sileighty
i want a silvia wrote:
For the love of God, do not make another Ignition DVD! :lol:

Thats correct. Ignition DVDs do not have my love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:05 pm 
T28

Quote:
Keep working away at it and try not to be too precious when someone rightfully criticises you. For the love of God, do not make another Ignition DVD! :lol:

Have of what you have to say has been constructive, but the other half has been a 'never do this again' attitude my friend. If you only posted up Constructive criticisms all throughout the thread then that'd of been super...But you haven't, i applaud you for some of the stuff you have to say, but the other has just been negative. Just keep it constructive from here on in buddy and that'd be great.

God wrote:
i want a silvia wrote:

Thats correct. Ignition DVDs do not have my love.

I like ignition DVDS personally, i know they put a lot of effort and time into what they do and they sell rather cheap for what they are so all in all a win-win situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:20 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 200sx s14a
Front Line wrote:
Quote:

God wrote:
i want a silvia wrote:

I like ignition DVDS personally, i know they put a lot of effort and time into what they do and they sell rather cheap for what they are so all in all a win-win situation.

Good job dude first of all

What wrong with ignition DVD i think they do some good shot's when it comes to the drifting...