Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OCTOBER 11TH DRIFTLAND
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:09 pm 
T25

Car: SIL80 AND 1VIA
HI ALL PROJECT D IS HAVING A DRIFTLAND DAY AS FOLLOWS, Have been talking to Anthony and we would love to see some of yu out there sliding.
DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS

ok here it is you have all been asking for we have booked DRIFTLAND for the 11TH OCTOBER it is a Saturday.

MEMBERS,.$160.00 NON MEMEBRS $180.00 PLUS A DAY LICENCE IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE.

BELOW IS WHAT IS REQUIRED:

* a CAMS licence L2NS (level 2 Non speed), this can be gotton on the day is roughly 50 dollars for a year from memery or around 20 for a day licence (so if your going to do more than 1 day get the yearly licence)

* a helmet, it MUST have the red and silver australian standards sticker AS1698 , if it doenst have this you might as well throw it away (you can get approved helmets for like 100 dollars at motobike shops)

* on the skidpan days a helmut is not required but is recommended.

*Long sleeve shirts, jeans (non flamable Materials) Shoes runners are ok.

*a seconday bonnet restraint (not so much for skidpans, but a must for the track, and just a good to stop broken windscreens), these can be bonnet pins, thick wire with a carabena at the end, a belt ect along with your stock bonnet catch

MORE DETAILS for CAMS SCRUTINEERING
*a blue batery triange (can just be electricans tape and can be done on the day if you forget)

*Your brakelights need to work and if it's raining, your windscreen wipers need to work.

*Your car cannot have any fluid leaks at all.

*If you have an aftermarket external fuel system they need to be enclosed away from the driver. eg, if you're driving a Silvia/skyline, the boot area is separate from the driver if you have the rear seats still, so it's OK. If you're driving a 180SX/AE86, you need to have a vented box enclosing the system and needs to be fire proof (ie made of metal).

*If you have a battery mounted in the cabin, it needs to be in an enclosed, vented box.

*lastly some tyres, as a guide for your first time i went through 3 pairs of secondhand tyres and 1/2 through the 4th on the north circuit. Ive got a stock CA 180 but have done a few days, you will use more tyres if you have more power/skill and how heavy your foot is. New tyres will get you alot more time for the day (alot of ppl recomend federals 595s) but cost alot more so if your beginging a couple of 2nd handers will be fine

For any futher infomation Email: info@projectd.com.au or go to the forum and ask Eric. http://www.projectd.com.au/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

Cheers

Ric
ric@projectd.com.au
0432169568 TXT only

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:01 pm 
T78

Car: xxxxx
whats the deal with this, is it drift only? As there are names there with grip next to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:07 pm 
T25

there will be the option for a session with some grip as we have had half a dozen that would like to have a go as well.
Nothing to serious just some fun for everyone

Cheers
Ric

Post subject: hi out there
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:19 pm 
T25

hi all just following up to see if there are any interested people to come out for this one, As it is booking up, We would like to give you all the chance to have a slide with us.

Cheers

Ric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:46 pm 
T78

Im interested in coming to this but I have a IDA drift day on Oct 6th so my car might die there and might not be fixed by the 11th, what happens if I need to pull out due to mech failure?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:06 pm 
T25

Killabeez wrote:
Im interested in coming to this but I have a IDA drift day on Oct 6th so my car might die there and might not be fixed by the 11th, what happens if I need to pull out due to mech failure?

Hey there mate, well if that happens you can have a credit. or we refund you, depends on when you have paid. Better to pay well in advance.

Cheers

Ric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:00 pm 
T78

Hey Rick, I have deposited $180 into the project D acct on Monday ref: Killabeez oct 11, My forum acct at project D is still yet to be activated so I am posting this here, could you please confirm. Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:59 pm 
T25

Killabeez wrote:
Hey Rick, I have deposited $180 into the project D acct on Monday ref: Killabeez oct 11, My forum acct at project D is still yet to be activated so I am posting this here, could you please confirm. Cheers

Hey mate all sorted saw it there on the account tonight . so will see you tommoroow..

Cheers
Ric