Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:14 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
Hi People

Yavuz from Unigroup Engineering and SilviaNSW have decided to run a Dyno Test and Tune day on Saturday 17th May starting at 1.30pm.

The aim of this day is to give people an inexpensive opportunity to play with their cars on the dyno, with full assistance and/or tuning from Yavuz (who you all know is brilliant).
There are only very limited positions (8 only!), and the spots will be given to the cars we feel have the most to gain from it. It is not necessarily a first-in best-dressed scenario.
The sorts of cars we are looking for are ones with most of the bolt-ons in place and a programmable ecu, but may be in need of a tune due to being tuned badly by a dodgy tuners (for example).
You will need to post up or PM me your mods and why you need an hour of Yavuz's time. We don't want people with nuggets who expect miracles

This will also be good basis for technical discussion later and people can see before and after graphs, along with having Yavuz explain what he did to make the gains, and why.

We think this Test and Tuning Day is a first. I've never seen any other clubs and shops do it. So it does carry some novelty value in my eyes.

Here are some suggested rules, they are open to discussion:
- Price $150 (UE) to be paid in advance to SilviaNSW official(s)
- The focus of the day will be on giving excellent value for money for people attending and improving power output of each car.
- Spectators free to attend, bbq available (maybe).
- Number of cars 8, with 2 reserves in case of no shows. Depending on time, we will try our best to give reserves the chance to take part. First in first on the dyno.
- Time on dyno is limited to 1hr unless finished sooner. We will make sure that the time is well spent on important items first that give maximum gains for the least time.
- Type of work to be done on cars:
All kinds of tuning that we normally offer plus, trouble shooting and minor mechanical repairs etc that can be done on the dyno. If you have something to the left of normal please check with us to make sure that it can be tuned/done.
- People will get out what they put in. The better prepared the car, less time will be used up fixing elementary problems that people could have fixed themselves. Come prepared. Some suggestions, ie if you think you have a problem with the ignition system have the coil cover off etc to facilitate easy diagnosis.
Some tips:
- Check all fluid levels, especially oil and water.
- Check tyre condition and pressures
- Have enough fuel in the tank to complete the job.
- Use the fuel that you normally drive on, and avoid additives such as octane boosters, etc for normal tunes.

- No refunds if the car breaks down and is unable to continue as spots are limited (people are turned away to make that spot available for the participant). If the car breaks down but is repairable, then the participant will be given a second chance at the end of the day as well as loan of tools etc to make sure he gets the most out of the day.

If this is popular, we may hold more of them in the future

Spots taken:

1. Busky2k
2. DarkWave Paid
3. Oricle Paid
4. DeLuxe Paid
5. Killabeez Paid
6. BHAPPY Paid

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Last edited by too_much_boost on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:17 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
this is an awesome idea!

wish i had a programable ecu!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:26 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
ZEi20T wrote:
this is an awesome idea!

wish i had a programable ecu!

Wanna buy a cheap Haltech :)

Seriously sounds like an excellent idea I will definately be coming. (to spectate, no not putting the Pintata up)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:49 pm 
T66

Car: 180sx
I been having few problems with my car lately mainly because of the fuel pump. on the dyno night, Yavuz suggested that it might be an unsafe tune because we couldn’t run the car safely with the boost controller switched on. i spoke with him recently about booking my car in for a quick check up.

will i be eligible for this?

the reason im asking is that, i don’t want to pay him twice. if he can fix it in one hour, i don’t have to take it to him to have a look at it on a separate day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:54 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

The idea is to make the day interesting though. Its more a 'tuning day' than a 'fix fundamental problems day'. Fixing a fuel pump isn't particularly interesting on its own
Do you have an aftermarket ecu and other similar gear?

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:01 pm 
T66

Car: 180sx
i have all my bolt-ons on the car already so there won't be any fitting or replacing required for any of the parts. i do have PFC as well.

the thing is, i don't think the fuel pump is the problem because i've already replaced it before which fixed the problem for a while but now the same thing happened again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:09 pm 
T28

Car: ECR33
I'm up for this, the tune in my car has drifted a bit and it's not running as well as it used to, and i've never had one single solid tune either etc.

Not sure if they're interested in doing an e-manage Ultimate or whether you want a skyline up there though (whether the modifications, gains etc are relevant to you guys).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:18 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

The skyline part isn't a problem. They might not like doing that nugget of an ecu though. I'll have to ask him

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:21 pm 
T28

Yeah, that's what i get for having an electronic[ally actuated] diff that Power FCs don't give a fark about. EMU vs single legger/new diff was the decision :-?

Alright, let me know soon because i'll need to clean a few little things up before then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:33 pm 
Twin T04

Car: R34 GTR Vspec II Nur
wonder if it would be worth it for me if I get a boost controller so I can pickup some mid range and more powa! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:52 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
26's are banned....

you seriously picked the emu over a pfc because of the diff gov!?! Just jam 12V into it and it'll be locked up all the time :)

Or get a mechanical.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:01 pm 
Twin T04

Car: R34 GTR Vspec II Nur
badhairdave wrote:
26's are banned....

you seriously picked the emu over a pfc because of the diff gov!?! Just jam 12V into it and it'll be locked up all the time :)

Or get a mechanical.....

26's are rulers of the world, sooner u upgrade the better dave :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:10 pm 
T28

badhairdave wrote:
26's are banned....

Or get a mechanical.....

Guys on SAU have tried manually giving the system 12V but the diff just failed after a while and went back into single legger mode. As it is mine locks alright, but noone has a clue on how to change the oil in them and bleed it properly, so i've just left it alone and it's getting worse.

The problem with getting a mechanical one is there isn't any direct replacements, nothing from nismo etc is a direct fit and neither were the viscous ones out of normal R33 GTSTs =$$

The A-LSD seemed like a good idea at purchase time.. on the upside however, i have a funky SLIP dash light that lights up when i'm going in big circles on the skid pan. I should feed it to some flashing neons or something. There's an idea for making things interesting :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:32 pm 
T66

Car: granpa's jz83 cressida
i wonder if mi ceffie would grace unigroup with its presence.... make sure he has the thicker strap's, its a real engine in my ceffie *winks @ tmb* :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:28 am 
T78

Car: xxxxx
keen to tune my 31's methanol/boost/timing on this day.

RB30E+t
Everything stock vlt gear except turbo high flowed t4 ompressor/t3 turbine and methanol/water injection (ill be bring differerent methanol injectors to suit so hopefully should get a good result)