Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:23 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
i dunno lots of people 'think' their engines are running perfectly and AFRs are ok, yet they are not. personally id rather go to a place that aborts the run if things arent going well.

can anyone imagine what would have happened to 182Go's engine if the run wasnt aborted??

to me thats not a professional company. fair enough you WANT to destroy your car. but how would you feel if you thought your car was ok and it blew up? id be kicking the ass of the dyno operator for not detecting the major ping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:43 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
from the perspective of SilviaNSW members it's worth pointing out the benefits and value of our dyno days, which do offer much more for the money when it comes to diagnosis.
Our days have always been focussed on making sure cars are running properly, and solving minor problems, rather than being a peak power competition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:51 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: S15
ZEi20T wrote:
i dunno lots of people 'think' their engines are running perfectly and AFRs are ok, yet they are not. personally id rather go to a place that aborts the run if things arent going well.

can anyone imagine what would have happened to 182Go's engine if the run wasnt aborted??

to me thats not a professional company. fair enough you WANT to destroy your car. but how would you feel if you thought your car was ok and it blew up? id be kicking the ass of the dyno operator for not detecting the major ping.

like i have said , there were 2 mechanics that were operating the dyno and were taking extra care if any pinging or problems they would have stopped . abd who said they wouldnt have stopped if something was wrong , thats the thing you dont go and say something that has not been said or been done and make it sound like it has been done. that to me just tells me what you are about and saying that , hats not professional but here you are saying this .

how do you know if it was pinging all not ? u cant judge by just looking if you could then you would be rich by now! but like i said all customers that put there cars up om the dyno were all taken extra care by the bel boys and also no engine was blown.

and it would have been much better to voice your opinions when ur actually there if u really cared instead of letting it happen then coming back home and being a keyboard warrior if you so called THINK that you know more than the tuners!

the night was good there was no damages no compaints and has a decent turn out.

if you think you can do better than the bel team then you could have showed us on the night instead of saying something that you have no idead about.

all good and bad comment will be all considered os we can make a better dyno day n the near future but comments like saying that bel does not know what they are doing and saying its unprofessional by someone that doesnt have a slightest idea what there on about , its comment like these that is really unprofessional and childish that ruins good business

bel garage thanx to or that turned up and your support , hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:56 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
Actually, alot of the guys on here DO know what they are talking about, and probably have more experience than the BEL guys.

All this Bel fanboy crap is really starting to shit me :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:05 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
Hopefully BEL Garage will learn a bit from this feedback and adjust their future dyno days accordingly

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:11 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
ufoboy wrote:
how do you know if it was pinging all not ? u cant judge by just looking

Usually by hearing.
I'm no expert at detecting pinging, but the ford I mentioned was very audibly pinging from the other end of the workshop. The guys on the dyno heard it too and stopped the run, but they were standing a few metres away from the car, not listening with earmuffs on and a head under the bonnet.

A lot of cars will run ok but be very close to danger due to lean AFRs, but without using the O2 sensor they won't pick it up. A lot of peoples' engines have been saved by finding out about problems early at a dyno day.
The dyno operator saves money by not running the sensor, but it doesn't give the customer good value when the price is the same as other days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:44 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
ufoboy wrote:
like i have said , there were 2 mechanics that were operating the dyno and were taking extra care if any pinging or problems they would have stopped . abd who said they wouldnt have stopped if something was wrong , thats the thing you dont go and say something that has not been said or been done and make it sound like it has been done. that to me just tells me what you are about and saying that , hats not professional but here you are saying this .

how do you know if it was pinging all not ? u cant judge by just looking if you could then you would be rich by now! but like i said all customers that put there cars up om the dyno were all taken extra care by the bel boys and also no engine was blown.

and it would have been much better to voice your opinions when ur actually there if u really cared instead of letting it happen then coming back home and being a keyboard warrior if you so called THINK that you know more than the tuners!

the night was good there was no damages no compaints and has a decent turn out.

if you think you can do better than the bel team then you could have showed us on the night instead of saying something that you have no idead about.

all good and bad comment will be all considered os we can make a better dyno day n the near future but comments like saying that bel does not know what they are doing and saying its unprofessional by someone that doesnt have a slightest idea what there on about , its comment like these that is really unprofessional and childish that ruins good business

bel garage thanx to or that turned up and your support , hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

i was going to reply to each point in this post, but you contradicted some things from your previous post so ill just let people read and make up their own minds.

just because YOU have never met me, doesnt make me a keyboard warrior. i attend as many silviansw events as i can. and seeing as this WASNT, i didnt go.

and as for me 'not having the slightest idea what im on about'. well, if i was a 'dyno operator' and owned one. id probably be doing my job properly instead of half-assed that some people seem to think is a good job.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:56 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
ufoboy wrote:
I'd say that people should judge for themselves anyway, and your particular complaint could be something out of the ordinary. Keep that in mind when voicing complaints in future. If the complaint is genuine, why not settle it directly - people are generally able to do that with a little give and take.
Why would people judge for themselves???

My car has never been on BEL's dyno and never will cause they have a bad name and I aint spending my cash to find out for myself.
Word of mouth happens a lot in the performance car world. And people listen to what they hear, And all you ever hear about BEL is dodgy work and ott power figgers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:06 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
I'm locking this before it gets any worse. People can come to their own conclusions based on the existing posts

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3