Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Opinions on R32 GTR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:34 pm 
Quad T51

Well I have liked R32 GTR's for a long time, and I had a look at a few on the weekend at some importing places on Parramatta road an I must say I was thinking they are great, a nice black one in particualar.

Getting to the point, what do you guys think of a GTR I guess comparing it to another option of geting an S15. I must admit that I'am a bit of a straight line boy, in that I like cars that are quick, but handling is important too.

So yeah, what do you guys think about R32 GTR's, post your knowledge and opinions. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:37 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
one thing to remember when buying a GTR. because they have bigger everything, the running costs are much larger too. brakes, fuel, gaskets etc are all more expensive to buy. i thought about the same thing, but went for the S15 because they are cheaper to run and mods are quite cheap and easily bolted on. just keep it in mind. if you can afford it..... then ur stupid if u dont get a GTR :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:59 am 
TO4

Car: 97 model 180 sx
But also one being a 2-3 year old car and the other is close to 15 years old......

its a hard choice.......maybe look at importing a 33gtr your self. You will save thousands on what the yards are selling them for. I know when i imported my 180 the cost of importing a 33gtr was about the same as they sell 32 gtr's in yards (mind you they were shmick examples of 32's, but then you dont know if it has been resprayed and stuff etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:59 am 
TO4

Car: R33 GTSt, RB25 180sx
The 32 GTR's are becoming a real bargain car now, with a lot of them coming up for around (and under) the $20k mark. With the 15 year rule this year, as long as it is not changed before august (I think that was the first month of release in '89), prices will be even lower.

Prestige motorsport has a few examples be offered CHEAP!

1989 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR MODIFIED, 5 speed, 107,000 kms, Silver, $16,400 plus modifications and ORC's
Price $16,400

Description:

The following vehicle will be auctioned in Japan on or before Saturday 17th January 2004 and will be eligible for import under the 15 year rule from LATE 2004. The expected sale price is from 850,000 yen FOB (this is our estimate -- being an auction situation, the final price may end up being higher or lower; see the bottom of this message for notes about price estimates). The total cost in Australia at this price is estimated to be from $16,400.

We have included the cost of shipping, import duties, GST and our service fee in this estimate. Not included is the cost of Govt. stamp duty and registration (normal licensing costs for any vehicle). An allowance of up to $1,200 should also be made on top of this price for the minor items required to be addressed under the 15 year rule prior to registration. These can be done by anyone, and may include retractable seatbelts for rear seats, sun visors, child restraint points on the rear parcel shelf for cars with rear seats, high level brake light, driver's side mirror to be changed from convex to flat, unleaded fuel filler opening restrictor, side intrusion bars, engineer's certificate, and a new set of tyres if the Japanese tyres are worn out.

FREE storage is available in Japan until the vehicle is eligible for import.

If you are interested in bidding on this vehicle, please let us know early by phoning 0418 944 253.

1989 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR 2.6 litre twin turbo coupe with TRUST T88 top mount turbo
5 speed
107,000 kms
Silver
TRUST T88 single top mount turbo with wastegate and manifold
246 degree cams
Power FC with commander unit
Height adjustable suspension
Aftermarket front mount intercooler
Boost controller
7-point roll cage
Aftermarket seats
NISMO clutch (slipping)
Twin airpods
Aftermarket exhaust
Aftermarket wheels
Aftermarket front spoiler
Rear spoiler removed

Condition notes: Cam cover removed. Rear spoiler removed. NISMO clutch is slipping and in need of repair. Further information available for interested buyers (please be specific regarding what you would like to know). Will probably need some sort of mechanical attention given the level of modification.

Please note: That price estimates are just that -- estimates. It is obviously impossible to predict the auction sale prices in advance and vehicles regularly sell for both less and more than our estimates which we stress should be used as a guide only. Importantly, we DO NOT advertise vehicles at unrealistically low prices like some other companies do. We DO NOT use tag advertising to lure customers in with a low price only to surprise them later with hidden costs once it is too late. Instead, we feel it is important to take a responsible approach and provide reasonable estimates to begin with that have a good chance of buying the vehicle even though the final price may end up being significantly cheaper on the day in some cases.

The fact is that our service fee and Japan-side export costs are virtually identical to other companies offering a similar service. The difference is that our price estimates are entirely realistic and in our 5 years of operation this is one of the main factors that has lead to our solid reputation for reliability and honesty and a great many satisfied customers. Once a vehicle is purchased online, we are also happy to supply (to that customer only) the web link to the online auction website showing the exact sale price. At the end of the day, our service fee is fixed and all other costs are charged at cost. So whomever you use to source your vehicle when buying direct, your final cost will be very much the same. It is therefore important to select a company you can trust above all else.

For peace of mind, a full Australia-wide warranty is available from CarGear. Comprehensive cover starts from $295, with 3 Years premium cover for just $925. Full details are available by clicking on this link to CarGear (www.cargear.com.au). Questions ? Call Cargear on 1800 032 033 (free call) or e-mail info@CarGear.com.au

STOCK -- Details of all Available Vehicles in stock as well as hundreds of Past Vehicles can now be viewed online by following the link below:

www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/au/html/stock/

Note: Before making a decision to purchase a vehicle for import, Prestige Motorsport P/L recommends that customers enquire directly with DOTARS regarding it's eligibility for import and application of the 15 year rule.

Jeff.

S13/14/15 Vertex Kits from $790, Accessories, Drift Graphics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:02 am 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
There a bit too old. They have their charms though.

Its one thing to be able to buy a cheaper R32 GTR, but to support it is another issue all up imo.

But if u can support, i say it will be brilliant in what ever way you choose to use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:49 pm 
Quad T51

Nismodified wrote:
Its one thing to be able to buy a cheaper R32 GTR, but to support it is another issue all up imo.

Im not planning on getting a cheaper example, rather a nice top end example. :)

I got a qoute from Just cars to insure a 92 model for an agreed value of $32000, which was assuming a purchase price of $35,000.

They qouted me $2,800 a year and not bad excesses. Im happy with that, seeing as awhile back I got a quote from the same company for a cheaper WRX and the premium was over 5K.

So they aren't bad to insure at all. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:56 pm 
T66 Hybrid

GTR is one hell of car but like everyone says expensive running costs...

S15's are awesome, parts easily available everywhere, warranty, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:57 pm 
T66 Hybrid

michael, u can buy my car for 35K dude, hahahaha

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:29 pm 
Quad T51

dr_s15 wrote:
michael, u can buy my car for 35K dude

Your car sounds like a very nice example of an S15, with its condition and very low kms. Im not in the market for one at the moment, nor do I know if I will be in the future.

Anyhow, good luck with the sale.

I sent you a pm about something related.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:24 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
CMY0SX wrote:
Im not planning on getting a cheaper example, rather a nice top end example. :)

Go GO GADGET 8000RPM LAUCH !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:28 pm 
Quad T51

Nismodified wrote:

Go GO GADGET 8000RPM LAUCH !!!

Are you trying to sabotage my car already Nismodified? :evil: :lol: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:04 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: Still shopping
Has anyone driven an R32 GT-R in stock form? I did the other week and I was so dissappointed, I was expecting mind-blowing performance but instead I was just patiently waiting for the revs to pick up. I know it isn't a slow car but it didn't feel very fast either, not exciting at all. And with the factory exhaust it didn't sound very good either. Maybe you just have to expect the performance to be different with twin turbo, I think I'd rather go with a single turbo car, or maybe the one I drove wasn't so good but it did look pretty schmick. Anyone else have a simular experience?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:43 am 
TO4

Car: R33 GTSt, RB25 180sx
They are detuned to 206kw in factory form. Just put an exhaust on them and remove the restrictor to the wastegates and then you can see the performance.....

Jeff.

S13/14/15 Vertex Kits from $790, Accessories, Drift Graphics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:04 am 

Car: MKV Golf
Personally i'd go an R32 GTR.They look awesome and have instant street cred :D

The '94 R32 GTR V-spec 11(off the top of my head) is said to be the best of all three (R32,R33,R34).It's got the updated R33's running gear and engine and being an R32 is the lightest of the lot ,so it has the qiuckest 0-100km/h and 0-400m times.

However,I think they're still around the $40K mark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:15 am 
TO4

Car: R32 GT-R
They are disapointing in stock form, but then again - driven a stock Silvia etc? Its torture, you know theres a weapon underneath waiting to come out :)

I wouldn't suggest buying a highly modified example/89 model unless you've got the money to replace quite a few things, as these models are often prone to having alot of items due for maintenance.

A S15 and a GTR are two VERY different cars. S15 is comfortable, reliable, cheaper to maintain, more efficent, responsive, suited to daily driving. GTR will do all the same things a S15 will, but its heavy, uses lots of fuel, its loud, gets too much attention, its laggy, bilstein coilovers are a killer, and so are insurance costs.

That said I still love mine :lol: