Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:51 pm 
Offline
T28 Hybrid

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 76
Car: too many
they are a 3 litre twin turbo apparently ....

I want to know if anyone has experience what they are like to drive!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:22 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:21 pm
Posts: 5731
Location: Sydney
Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
they're not 3l or twin turbo. they don't even have a single turbo,much less two of them.

the 1 series are the base models. they're not going to be anything exciting. even the higher spec cars aren't anything to get excited about,despite what euro snobs and the magazines who also rave about each new model of commodore or falcon say.


Justin...

_________________
STI - Made in Texas,not Japan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:27 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:19 pm
Posts: 16498
Car: Skoda Octavia RS
Real Name: Iain
the 135i is a 3L turbo 6

the 125i is the same motor but non turbo AFAIK.

the 130i is also a 3L 6 but im not sure of the engine specs. i think around the 200kw mark

i think there is an M 130 or 135 that hauls ass.

_________________
M35 Stagea.info @ http://www.m35stagea.info/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:32 pm 
Offline
T88 Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 808
Location: C'Town, WestSide lol.
Car: None yet...Too young!
Quote:
The 135i Coupé will be propelled by a 300 horsepower (220 kW), twin turbocharged 3.0 liter inline six cylinder engine.


Quote:
The 135i Sport is powered by the same 3.0-litre twin turbo straight-six engine found in the 335i and pumps out 225kW and 400Nm. BMW says the new engine will manage rapid fire acceleration and impressive economy as well as low emissions.


http://www.caradvice.com.au/9920/2008-b ... upe-range/

_________________
http://fotos.subefotos.com/a984babe3db3 ... 197cfo.gif


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:32 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:19 pm
Posts: 16498
Car: Skoda Octavia RS
Real Name: Iain
ok i was pretty close!

_________________
M35 Stagea.info @ http://www.m35stagea.info/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:34 pm 
Offline
T88 Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 808
Location: C'Town, WestSide lol.
Car: None yet...Too young!
ZEi250t wrote:
ok i was pretty close!


That's some good general knowledge Zei.

_________________
http://fotos.subefotos.com/a984babe3db3 ... 197cfo.gif


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:41 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:19 pm
Posts: 16498
Car: Skoda Octavia RS
Real Name: Iain
i think there was a rundown in a topgear magazine. also a chick at work has one and she brought all the brochures in after the paid the deposit

_________________
M35 Stagea.info @ http://www.m35stagea.info/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:45 pm 
Offline
T88 Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 808
Location: C'Town, WestSide lol.
Car: None yet...Too young!
ZEi250t wrote:
i think there was a rundown in a topgear magazine. also a chick at work has one and she brought all the brochures in after the paid the deposit


Twin Turbo?

_________________
http://fotos.subefotos.com/a984babe3db3 ... 197cfo.gif


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:46 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:19 pm
Posts: 16498
Car: Skoda Octavia RS
Real Name: Iain
a CHICK at work

so no lol

she has a 125i and ticked all the boxes, however. its a nice car, but probably overpriced. pity she grazed a wall in the first week she got it. she was devastated!!

_________________
M35 Stagea.info @ http://www.m35stagea.info/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:48 pm 
Offline
T88 Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 808
Location: C'Town, WestSide lol.
Car: None yet...Too young!
ZEi250t wrote:
a CHICK at work

so no lol

she has a 125i and ticked all the boxes, however. its a nice car, but probably overpriced. pity she grazed a wall in the first week she got it. she was devastated!!



Ouch!! They are a tad expensive yeah.

_________________
http://fotos.subefotos.com/a984babe3db3 ... 197cfo.gif


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:41 pm 
Offline
T28 Hybrid

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 76
Car: too many
tehyoungone wrote:
Quote:
The 135i Coupé will be propelled by a 300 horsepower (220 kW), twin turbocharged 3.0 liter inline six cylinder engine.


Quote:
The 135i Sport is powered by the same 3.0-litre twin turbo straight-six engine found in the 335i and pumps out 225kW and 400Nm. BMW says the new engine will manage rapid fire acceleration and impressive economy as well as low emissions.


http://www.caradvice.com.au/9920/2008-b ... upe-range/


Thanks for the info it looks like a awesome car wish I had $72000 :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:06 pm 
Offline
T88 Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 808
Location: C'Town, WestSide lol.
Car: None yet...Too young!
samrex wrote:
tehyoungone wrote:
Quote:
The 135i Coupé will be propelled by a 300 horsepower (220 kW), twin turbocharged 3.0 liter inline six cylinder engine.


Quote:
The 135i Sport is powered by the same 3.0-litre twin turbo straight-six engine found in the 335i and pumps out 225kW and 400Nm. BMW says the new engine will manage rapid fire acceleration and impressive economy as well as low emissions.


http://www.caradvice.com.au/9920/2008-b ... upe-range/


Thanks for the info it looks like a awesome car wish I had $72000 :lol:


Don't we all.

_________________
http://fotos.subefotos.com/a984babe3db3 ... 197cfo.gif


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:08 pm 
Offline
T28 Hybrid

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 76
Car: too many
ZEi250t wrote:
i think there was a rundown in a topgear magazine. also a chick at work has one and she brought all the brochures in after the paid the deposit


Can i get her number!!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:19 pm
Posts: 16498
Car: Skoda Octavia RS
Real Name: Iain
she is married, and yeah not many peoples type *ahem*

_________________
M35 Stagea.info @ http://www.m35stagea.info/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:34 pm 
Offline
T88 Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 808
Location: C'Town, WestSide lol.
Car: None yet...Too young!
ZEi250t wrote:
she is married, and yeah not many peoples type *ahem*


'Cept Zei's. :P

_________________
http://fotos.subefotos.com/a984babe3db3 ... 197cfo.gif


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group