Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:58 pm 
Offline
T66
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:50 pm
Posts: 415
Location: University
Car: 180sx
blu80 wrote:
...
*sorry for all the ferari lovers out there, but its true a GTR with extra 20K under the hood would smoke this thing alive and your budget is still less then buying this car*...

This is not a 100% valid statement...
What you comparing above is a modified car against unmodified one, these don't compare. Run stock gtr against a stock Ferrari and you will notice the difference
If you going to spend 20K on a gtr, then spend equal amount on a Ferrari and run them... the outcome then will be very clear :)

_________________
Take most people, they're crazy about cars. I'd rather have a goddamn horse. A horse is at least human, for God's sake.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:26 pm 
Offline
T78 Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:52 pm
Posts: 651
Location: Far South Coast
Car: R32 Skyline 4 door
True Mr-Silvia, but why would you wanna spend 20k on a ferrari anyway?

_________________
When I grow up I wanna win the lotto...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:44 pm 
Offline
T88 Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 808
Location: C'Town, WestSide lol.
Car: None yet...Too young!
JC wrote:
True Mr-Silvia, but why would you wanna spend 20k on a ferrari anyway?



The pictures say it all! :lol:



even if it is lameo

_________________
http://fotos.subefotos.com/a984babe3db3 ... 197cfo.gif


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:24 am 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Location: At your house =P
Car: 180sx RB26DETT
Mr-Silvia wrote:
blu80 wrote:
...
*sorry for all the ferari lovers out there, but its true a GTR with extra 20K under the hood would smoke this thing alive and your budget is still less then buying this car*...

This is not a 100% valid statement...
What you comparing above is a modified car against unmodified one, these don't compare. Run stock gtr against a stock Ferrari and you will notice the difference
If you going to spend 20K on a gtr, then spend equal amount on a Ferrari and run them... the outcome then will be very clear :)


The ferrari is a modified vehicle, its a Race turned road car and contains lots of modifications.

think about it the R32 GTR only cost 25k for a good one were as a ferrari cost over 200K, now with a ferrari you looking at about 460HP from factory and its got mods already like upgraded racing suspension forged pistons, racing Exhaust etc etc...

The R32 GTR comes pretty much stock, no Forged internals, small exhaust, exhaust restrictors etc etc as there is a 206kw Cap in japan.

that 200k car already has way more than 20k worth of mods where as the GTR dosnt, if someone spends the a total of 175K +25K for GTR who would win if both cars total 200K???

choice is clear there isnt even a need to spend 175 k on a skyline to have it kick that ferraris backside, take a look at the Z tune, that thrashed ferrari hard only thing that would just beat it is a Porshe 911 turbo.

or what about the Mines R34 GTR cost way less than a Ferrari and goes 4x harder and faster.

i mean im not a farrari hater, just think the car is way too expensive for what it can do, but hey if it can get you some punaty then why not

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:26 am 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1066
Location: Mt Druitt
Car: s13
put $30 on an rx7 and chop em both 8)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:32 am 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Location: At your house =P
Car: 180sx RB26DETT
andy's-s13 wrote:
put $30 on an rx7 and chop em both 8)


UP hill it wont :P

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:34 am 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1066
Location: Mt Druitt
Car: s13
blu80 wrote:
andy's-s13 wrote:
put $30 on an rx7 and chop em both 8)


UP hill it wont :P


LOL :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:30 pm 
Offline
T66
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:50 pm
Posts: 415
Location: University
Car: 180sx
blu80 wrote:
Mr-Silvia wrote:
blu80 wrote:
...
*sorry for all the ferari lovers out there, but its true a GTR with extra 20K under the hood would smoke this thing alive and your budget is still less then buying this car*...

This is not a 100% valid statement...
What you comparing above is a modified car against unmodified one, these don't compare. Run stock gtr against a stock Ferrari and you will notice the difference
If you going to spend 20K on a gtr, then spend equal amount on a Ferrari and run them... the outcome then will be very clear :)


The ferrari is a modified vehicle, its a Race turned road car and contains lots of modifications.

think about it the R32 GTR only cost 25k for a good one were as a ferrari cost over 200K, now with a ferrari you looking at about 460HP from factory and its got mods already like upgraded racing suspension forged pistons, racing Exhaust etc etc...

The R32 GTR comes pretty much stock, no Forged internals, small exhaust, exhaust restrictors etc etc as there is a 206kw Cap in japan.

that 200k car already has way more than 20k worth of mods where as the GTR dosnt, if someone spends the a total of 175K +25K for GTR who would win if both cars total 200K???

choice is clear there isnt even a need to spend 175 k on a skyline to have it kick that ferraris backside, take a look at the Z tune, that thrashed ferrari hard only thing that would just beat it is a Porshe 911 turbo.

or what about the Mines R34 GTR cost way less than a Ferrari and goes 4x harder and faster.

i mean im not a farrari hater, just think the car is way too expensive for what it can do, but hey if it can get you some punaty then why not


Again, i think you miss my point.
Ferrari comes from factory with things you have mentioned and therefore should be run against a factory engine from nissan... Trust me, the skyline will have no chance because Ferrari, Lambo and other similar cars are SUPERCARS whereas the skyline is sport car. They are different!

Supercars features, engines bigger than or equal to V10, bigger than or equal to 5L capacity as well as other "pits and pieces" that make them super.
The GTR is not a super car, is it a sport car. I remind you of a TopGear episode where R33 GTR was dragged again Merc Maclren, the skyline had no chance what so ever in that drag!

The R34 examples you have mentioned, are specials and can't be seen in everyday life, whereas the Ferrari and Lambo and others are producible everyday cars!

If you happen to beat a Ferrari in the streets with a STOCK GTR, then most likely the Ferrari driver is a crap, useless, rich person who never knew his limits (or his car limit) :)

and if you haven't figure that out yet, I am a Ferrari, Lambo and Porschi fan :P

_________________
Take most people, they're crazy about cars. I'd rather have a goddamn horse. A horse is at least human, for God's sake.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:46 pm 
Offline
T88 Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 808
Location: C'Town, WestSide lol.
Car: None yet...Too young!
Mr-Silvia wrote:
blu80 wrote:
Mr-Silvia wrote:
blu80 wrote:
...
*sorry for all the ferari lovers out there, but its true a GTR with extra 20K under the hood would smoke this thing alive and your budget is still less then buying this car*...

This is not a 100% valid statement...
What you comparing above is a modified car against unmodified one, these don't compare. Run stock gtr against a stock Ferrari and you will notice the difference
If you going to spend 20K on a gtr, then spend equal amount on a Ferrari and run them... the outcome then will be very clear :)


The ferrari is a modified vehicle, its a Race turned road car and contains lots of modifications.

think about it the R32 GTR only cost 25k for a good one were as a ferrari cost over 200K, now with a ferrari you looking at about 460HP from factory and its got mods already like upgraded racing suspension forged pistons, racing Exhaust etc etc...

The R32 GTR comes pretty much stock, no Forged internals, small exhaust, exhaust restrictors etc etc as there is a 206kw Cap in japan.

that 200k car already has way more than 20k worth of mods where as the GTR dosnt, if someone spends the a total of 175K +25K for GTR who would win if both cars total 200K???

choice is clear there isnt even a need to spend 175 k on a skyline to have it kick that ferraris backside, take a look at the Z tune, that thrashed ferrari hard only thing that would just beat it is a Porshe 911 turbo.

or what about the Mines R34 GTR cost way less than a Ferrari and goes 4x harder and faster.

i mean im not a farrari hater, just think the car is way too expensive for what it can do, but hey if it can get you some punaty then why not


Again, i think you miss my point.
Ferrari comes from factory with things you have mentioned and therefore should be run against a factory engine from nissan... Trust me, the skyline will have no chance because Ferrari, Lambo and other similar cars are SUPERCARS whereas the skyline is sport car. They are different!

Supercars features, engines bigger than or equal to V10, bigger than or equal to 5L capacity as well as other "pits and pieces" that make them super.
The GTR is not a super car, is it a sport car. I remind you of a TopGear episode where R33 GTR was dragged again Merc Maclren, the skyline had no chance what so ever in that drag!

The R34 examples you have mentioned, are specials and can't be seen in everyday life, whereas the Ferrari and Lambo and others are producible everyday cars!

If you happen to beat a Ferrari in the streets with a STOCK GTR, then most likely the Ferrari driver is a crap, useless, rich person who never knew his limits (or his car limit) :)

and if you haven't figure that out yet, I am a Ferrari, Lambo and Porschi fan :P



Don't think you wanna be street racing considering everything that's been happening lately [hint hint: STREET RACING]

_________________
http://fotos.subefotos.com/a984babe3db3 ... 197cfo.gif


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:18 pm 
Offline
Quad T78
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:43 pm
Posts: 3124
Location: Sydeny
Car: S14a
Your all on drugs............

_________________
Disclaimer: If you have'nt worked it out by now I CANT SPELL FOR SHIT.
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:27 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:12 am
Posts: 3561
Location: 127.0.0.1
Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
blu80 wrote:
[a ferrari] got mods already like upgraded racing suspension forged pistons, racing Exhaust etc etc...


Upgraded from what?

In order to be an upgrade, the component has to replace something that was fitted prior.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:16 pm 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1066
Location: Mt Druitt
Car: s13
he probably meant 2 say it has all high performance parts in it standard. :-?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:13 am 
Offline
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:00 am
Posts: 652
Location: Sydney
Car: Fa(s)t red boat
I kind of like the paint, but the wheels are fkn terrible.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:10 am 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Location: At your house =P
Car: 180sx RB26DETT
andy's-s13 wrote:
he probably meant 2 say it has all high performance parts in it standard. :-?


correct!!! thanks andy thats what i mean.

ok im going to leave it as it is...people got different views and this will just drag on over and over again...

maclaren F1 is a super car correct... that car is already Modified and the skyline isn't.... its a Le Mans car just adjusted to fit streets.. the skyline was a stocker.

if the GTR's or NSX from the JGTC class was turned into a super car it would be a good run with the maclaren F1 as they are now both Super cars.

thats enough said this conversation could go on for yonks! and there be no conclusion, each car has their own unique potential with different price tags.

My GTR wasnt stock btw and it was a young bloke driving the ferrari not a old rich dude.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:20 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 309
Car: s13 silvia
does anyone no what power it makes?? my dad won one of these for the weekend they go fukn good standard but itll be good to see what this puts out power wise


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group