Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:40 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Last I heard, the RX7 was going to be re-vamped, after the not so favourable sale of the RX8, and considering your average 10yr old S13 can out perform your average RX8, there is a little bit to think about in the performance league...

As for the Silvia range, I am upset they have decided to drop this, it was a successful range, and proven with regards to the amount of all the cars out there currently, I mean just on this site we have close to 3,000 members, and remember it's a NSW based club as well....

Personally, the new Skyline hasn't done it for me, what happened to the toughest, meanest street car, it's turned out to look like a pussy girlie shaped car, the Skyline used to be a Men's tough car :-?

It's a pitty Nissan was taken over to their extent by Renault, but I guess in the long run, it had to happen, or we would have seen much worse from the company, but again, not something I personally liked, I mean linking Nissan with that Megan POS they released, geezus, and look at some of the garbage they are releasing now, such as the Tiida, I mean the Pulsar was tried and PROVEN, dont fix something that definately isn't broken.

Bah, they are a multi-national corporate, they would know better than a 25 yr old Enthusiast!!

/end rant

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:34 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
Its like me as well, I just love the old shapes more than the new cars that is coming out. I dont like the new skyline, GTR or the 350. Even the new design for the toyota supra that was on the other topic didnt really appeal to me that much. Just like the fact I like to keep on working on my s13 than buying a s15 and working on that.

The only exception to the rule is probabaly the rx7 which I love to bits and if the new design is pretty much the same as the series VIII FD than I would be tempted to buy one providing the price is not $110 000 for one!!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:58 am 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
JIN S13 wrote:
The only exception to the rule is probabaly the rx7 which I love to bits and if the new design is pretty much the same as the series VIII FD than I would be tempted to buy one providing the price is not $110 000 for one!!!!! :D

This is the only thing that has limited me to buying an RX7, the fact that most 96+ model RX7's are still in the 35,000+ price range, and are 10 years old, that and they are only a 1.3 litre with hardly any torque (but a shit-tin of POWA).

The shape is to die for, it's like a hot woman, the curves are in the right spots, with lumps where they need to be, and pits where they need to be, it's dead sexy, but I cant justify the price for the age....

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:17 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
for me its the amount of fuel that it consumes as well as the maintenace that do it for me. Also, I dont feel to safe putting it in a 'normal' carpark.

The price for me is alright because when it first came out it was alot more expensive and wasd totally in the area of dream world land where u can only dream about it. U know u can pick up 2000 to 2001 models for $35 000 and the prices is dropping as we speak. The issue is u have to have the backup money and expect that at times u would not have a car to drive.