Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:33 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
Damn for those figures!!!!! I can see why only the Takeshi brothers in Inital d was the only ones driving the RX7!!! But seriously I think buying one wouldnt be a problem but the fact of having to go through all those problems off the road and and costs scares the hell out of me. I only see the FD3S only on the weekends. If I was to buy one and than the engine poped than I would be dead meat because wouldnt have that kind of money lying around........

Even for my s13 by the end of this month I would be on my 3rd engine already......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:51 pm 
T03

Car: s14a..now FD3S
pardon me but i dont understand ur initial d stuff...ive never seen them before :lol: :lol:

buying any car is not a problem...its trying to maintain the damn thing thats the problem....

the fd is def a weekend car...i wasdriving it daily for a while but when its guzzling bout 18l/100kms itll start to hurt...i probably drive the car once every two weeks...sometimes even less...

after reading what you wrote...you are not ready for a fd...trust me on that :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:06 pm 
T25

Car: S15 Spec R
japspec14 wrote:
If you're worried about where the money is gonna come from for the petrol or anything along those lines...my advice is to not get a FD....

they need alot more maintenance than the nissans....

my car has just gotten back on the road after a one year rebuild and i was at the point many times of wanting to sell cause it was causing too much dramas....

a build for example ranges from 5k where the rotors and housings are still usable....if not the price will range from the 9k to 15k mark depending on seals, ports etc....

a properly done single conversion in a fd with a rebuild will be around the 20K mark i shit you not.....

so if its bang for your buck...i will wholeheartedly recommend you get that S15...if you're ready to go thru alot of frustrating and painful moment get the fd lol....both cars will have their problems...but for some reason,....the fd loves to have everything drop its guts at once!!

HaHa - Jins13 - listen to this guy - he knows what he's talking about!

I too love the Rx7 S6+. Check my name - I nearly bought one! I sat in one for the first time back in 1995 and I said to myself...one day she'll be mine, oh yes, she'll be mine! I researched, drove countless Rx7's and I tell you what - once I knew about all the gremlins - owning one just didn't stack up for me. Hat's off to those who take the plunge - (I'd assume many don't know what they're getting themselves into!).

A car dealer refused to budge $500 on a deal for a 1994 Type R2 back in 1999. I was ready to buy against my better judgement - luckily I walked away.

When I read the 2001 PCOTY article on the S15, something must have stuck in my head because I ended up buying one! Some modification dollars later, there's nothing I'd rather drive.

Off the showroom floor, the Rx7 is a brilliant car. It's a shame most are no longer in that condition.

ps Japspec14 - nice car. Late model front and in black - just as I would have done 8).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 am 
T88 Hybrid

One of my mechanic friends reckon that there is really only one or two guys that he would recommend building up the rotary engine. As he has owned several FCs and FDs in the past, he also recommended that unless u have alot of money or a mechanic he wouldnt advise getting one.

Who knows maybe after I am done with my s13 we shall see what happens........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:53 am 
T25

Car: S15 Spec R
JIN S13 wrote:
One of my mechanic friends reckon that there is really only one or two guys that he would recommend building up the rotary engine. As he has owned several FCs and FDs in the past, he also recommended that unless u have alot of money or a mechanic he wouldnt advise getting one.

I hope a s15 happens for you man :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:12 pm 
T88 Hybrid

If it all comes to worse I may have to get a family car.......... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:12 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
JIN S13 wrote:
If it all comes to worse I may have to get a family car.......... :lol:
Cefiro has 4 doors :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:37 am 
T28

Car: 2001 Nissan S15
Get a Ceffy with a quad-rotor and FD nose conversion! :lol:
4 doors, sexy FD nose and the blowfly in a longneck audio.
Oh and I don't think there are too many S13s around... any performance car is better than a "hot-hatch" that most mcdonalds carparks have in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:14 pm 
T03

JIN S13 wrote:

You can take it to anyone you trust and feel that they will do a good job...i had my car towed all the way to newcastle....

as for a lot of money...you just need to have a bit of savings and if you have to lose a couple of luxuries....

I was struggling when the build was happeningbut in the end...a couple of months of less luxuries has made me very happy!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:48 pm 
T88 Hybrid

I may even consider getting a honda civic sedan if I had to get a family car. Cefio are nice cars but most of them have been hacked to pieces due to drift and also most are auto too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:40 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Prices for these cars have been dropping like anything down in prestige motors. Do anyone know why? Is it because people wouldnt buy them or is it because of the general age......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:31 am 

Car: MKV Golf
Age, and the fact that they've had the shit thrashed out of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:17 pm 
T03

If you're gonna buy a cheap fd be it from prestige or locally...be prepared for a huge bill in repairs....

you're better offlooking for a clean stock one andthen stuffing it up yourself :lol: :lol:

or find a modded one thats been done properly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:55 pm 
T88 Hybrid

are they good to buy cars from? It seems abit too much to wait and c cars only by pics.......