Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:50 am 
T03

Car: 1993 180SX (sr20), S15 on its way
Hi guys,

Few months back I bought a U13 bluebird (1995 model, KA24DE motor, 5 speed manual). Recently I have been having some teething problems with it.

About 8 weeks back my car started stalling if I came to a complete stop from driving. This only happened during warm – hot weathers (A/C running). If the car stalled I could pretty much start it back up again straight away. I was informed that maybe my coil pack was faulty, so I decided to replace it. Problem went away and everything was running perfect until 2 weeks back.

First day the car played was during a warm day and I had the A/C running. Out of the blue it seemed like the car had lost 95% of the power. I was doing about 50km/h in 3 rd gear. My tacho was bouncing off 3000rpm mark as if it had hit the rev limiter, it lasted for about 5 seconds but everything was fine after that.

This week Wednesday, coming back home during a really hot afternoon (had A/C running), whist driving it seemed like the car had lost all its power. While doing 60km/h in traffic my rev dropped down to 500-700 mark….I put my foot down and the car couldn’t go away. As soon as I pulled over into the next side street and stopped, the car stalled. Tried starting the car but nothing would happen. The starter motor would turn over and just when the motor was about to kick over it would stall. I waited for about 20mins and started the car back up again, drove home…left the car running and I couldn’t find a single problem with it. Idle, reving etc…everything was perfect.

Today again the same thing happened expect NO A/C. Decided to leave the car in one of the side streets and picked it up at night. Started the car, drove all the way home …was hammering it all the way trying to re-create the problem but everything was perfect.

I was thinking that maybe the distributor was playing up but after pulling the cover off, everything seemed perfect (it was replaced by the last owner). So now I am totally confused.

Parts Changed : All leads, Coil pack, plugs, fuel/oil filters etc.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:33 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: s13 silvia
hi mate,
my first car was a bluebird sss, and it did something very similar to what u described once. this is probably a useless post as i never figured out what it was.

I was driving along nomrally,then the car seemed to lose all power, it revedd when it was in neutral, but once it was in gear i could floor it and the rpms would refuse to rise, i was just chug chug chugging along. Car would jsut do this randomly once in a while. Happended a few times, the last time it happned i tried to take it to the mechanic to show him, but it just went normal as soon as i got there (that always happens when u want to show somebody something).

Anywyas, i figured it was something blocking the fuel lines, and it just took a few attempts to completely dislodge it. Useless post, but atleast u dont feel alone now :wink: