Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:37 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: none yet
there a flat 4 boxer engine pistons go side to side the rex is a good car the boxer engine vs a sr20det well ok sr20det is a bullet proof motor same with the ej20t i mean the sr has the advantage that you have more room under the bonnet for a bigger turbo and its power for cheap money i highly rate the sr20 the boxer is the best sounding motor and has the advantage of huge power gains simaliar to the sr20 but more bottom end torque and 60/40 awd where as the gtr skyline is 80/20 i think so as we all no the rex is a good handling machine alot of rexys these days from 94/2000 even 01 02 are really thrashed hard so thats where the good old sr20det s13/s14/s15 come in handy due to lower kms and behing that reason probaly havent been as thrashed so you will get alot of rexys in you nissans but get a rex not a sti even with a fmic fuel pump vf34 low kms lil bolt ons and the rite driver not some editot it will show you how its done bottom end and top end theres quite alot of good examples of all nissans and rexys and all cars out there it just comes down to how much $$ coin you got in your pocket nissans and suburus are both a great car at the end of the day

ps:not tryin to starta huge fight i have just been brought up on rexys more than nissans and honestly there both a equale car in power and gettin good performance out off thumbs up to both :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:44 am 
Quad T88

Car: S15
Thats some good info

I thought that the attesa in the GTR sends up to 50% of the power to the front wheels when needed. If you were refering to that when you said 80/20

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:25 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: S ichigo Spec R
hmmm personally i dont like subaru bom bom bom engine sound! :(
i thought new sti v8 wont have the same sound due to equal length manifold piping but i saw one with aftermarket exhaust(cat-back maybe?) hmmm bom bom bom....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:41 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
yeh i dont like the sound nither, sounds like they are gonna bust. sound like the old ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:26 pm 
T25

Car: N/A
I happen to like the rumble sound of the suby, no offence, it is probably the most unique and recognisable sound among tuners. Not to say the neesan's dont have an awesome sound too, they sound almost melodious when boosting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:25 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
SRs sound like truck engines... when I had numerous exhaust leaks though - it sounded like a boxer engine lol

RBs have the BEST sound ever in my opinion; and for some reason, the RB25 sounds like some futuristic amazing space ship engine. I cant explain the sound, but every R33 GTS-25t ive seen has had this fantastic sound to them.. so smooth, but still with the RB exhaust note.

ahhh *drools*

but MEH I love my SR to bits

My friend has a 96 (?) wrx with a dual exhaust system with two massive cannons, and a very ricey PSSSHHHHTTT bov - that is NOT a good example of a nice sounding WRX! That aside, I quite like the unique bob bob bob sound of a boxer..

I also like the wank wank wank rotor sound - before I got the s13, my dream (well one of many) was to have a 13bt s2 rx7... mmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:50 am 
Twin T78

Car: 1993 180SX
ladz wrote:
there a flat 4 boxer engine pistons go side to side the rex is a good car the boxer engine vs a sr20det well ok sr20det is a bullet proof motor same with the ej20t i mean the sr has the advantage that you have more room under the bonnet for a bigger turbo and its power for cheap money i highly........ equale car in power and gettin good performance out off thumbs up to both :D

although good info, how can you possibly write that much without using one punctuation mark! seriously, learn to use some full stops and commas!!