Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: lancer gsr
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:01 pm 
T28

Car: sileighty
anyne know if these are any good? how much should i pay for one in stock form? or should i go the wrx?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:28 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: Still shopping
I think they're alright, I wouldn't pay over 15K for one but I've seen some close or over the 20K mark. The brakes on them can get pretty bad and I think they get a fair bit of lag too. I wouldn't be asking about WRXs here unless you wanna get flamed, personally I like them, nice car to drive and really good handling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:57 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Being an old 4WD turbo, chances are they'll both be as thrashed.

A WRX will probably be newer, which is a good thing. I'm not sure if the extra 200cc of displacement makes a noticable amount of difference, but more displacement is always useful. :)

I'm not sure what the tuning culture around the GSR is (I'm sure there are plenty of parts for it) but if you go a WRX, you know that any kind of hot-up part you want, you can find.

As much as I dislike WRXs (their handling, in stock form, is a case in point of what's wrong with cheap homologated rally cars) I'd still suggest that its a better buy.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:04 pm 
T25

Car: none
i wouldnt pay over 20K. i used to love these cars but the wrx is alot more reliable and i think a better buy but if you like the old traditonal sports car get the gsr evo 2 or 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:17 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
cookie_88 wrote:
i wouldnt pay over 20K. i used to love these cars but the wrx is alot more reliable and i think a better buy but if you like the old traditonal sports car get the gsr evo 2 or 3.

you can't road register and evo 2 or 4 in Australia.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:27 am 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
whys that ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:07 pm 
T28

Car: s14a
Because the similar lancer bodyshell already sold in australia and its not unique enough to pass the import scheme. It has to be personal import for evo1-4 to able to get compliance for it. If you look around at Melbourne, theres a lot of dodgy complianced "rebuild" evo running with wrecked lancer sedan compliance plate.

mokompri wrote:
whys that ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:13 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
ohhh... i thought it was just evo 2 + 4 and thought there was something different

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:49 pm 
Banned

Car: 91 S13 Q
if your paying up to 20k you'd be better off getting a rex. Its less likey to get stolen, theres more parts avaible for repair and modification as well as insurance isnt too bad on them either. Not to mention nothing beats the sound of a subaru EJ motor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:45 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: s15
i had one. gsr.
oh, it was great.
also had 94wrx and 92liberty rsturbo and gsr was easier to handle. it did feel more frontwheeldriveish and i think thats wot made it easy. the wrx tail gets out a bit more than gsr but the gsr can be driven harder easier, possibly without sacrificing performence limit.
but i am only making these comparisions thru driving old pacific. different people like different cars. the wrx, though, has frameless doors and that alone really grabs me. i really like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:46 am 
T28

Car: evo'd gsr lancer
fergo308 wrote:
cookie_88 wrote:

you can't road register and evo 2 or 4 in Australia.

Justin...

you can acctually road register a evo1-4 in australia provided you've owned the car overseas for 1 year but who's gonna wait
i've ownd two gsr's and both of them munched wrexs
my 1st one was a stock 1.8ltr with dual boost settings, an evo box and rear diff, brass button clutch and some cosmetic stuff. (brass button in 4wd i think big mistake) would take a stock wrex though
my second one has a evo motor in it with haltec ecu avc-r trust cooler etc etc and the launches that i can get fromthe all wheel drive is astounding i think. i've owned 14 cars and this is by far the quickest, just being able to launch at 4-5k and get no wheel spin if done correctly i think is awesome
leaves wrexs for dead with better handling i think too as i've been told the power transfer is different between the 2 awd's the wrex has 70%front and 30% rear where as the gsr is closer to 50-50anyway take a drive in both and make up ur mind then

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:01 am 
Quad T88

Car: Nissan 180SX
i munched a gsr 2 weeks ago... the guy was astounded at the level of "pulling" power my car had

actual quote of other driver... "FUUUUUUUUUCK THAT THING PULLS"

i dont know what he was on about, as i wasnt pulling anything, i dont have a trailer of any sort!

:lol: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:16 pm 
T28

Car: evo'd gsr lancer
BLISTC wrote:
i munched a gsr 2 weeks ago... the guy was astounded at the level of "pulling" power my car had

i dont know what he was on about, as i wasnt pulling anything, i dont have a trailer of any sort!

are you located in sydney?
if so maybe we could have a go aii?
sat night runs maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:15 pm 
Twin T78

Car: 1993 180SX
BLISTC wrote:

hahaah... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:27 pm 
Quad T88

Car: Nissan 180SX
evo15m wrote:
BLISTC wrote:

are you located in sydney?
if so maybe we could have a go aii?
sat night runs maybe?

lol nah i stay away from those things not worth the trouble with coppers and hassles

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next