Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 300zx's...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:26 pm 
T25

Ok this is probably the wrong thread to post this on but i was just wanting to know abit about the 300zx..

like are they a good car.. n stuff :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:55 am 

Car: MKV Golf
The 300zx is an awesome car (after all it is a Nissan!),with good power straight from the factory-obviously i'm talking about the twin turbo version.However they can be quite expensive to modify. I think i've read that V6's are harder to modify than straight 6's, also the 300zx has a pretty cramped engine bay which doesn't help.They can be made to go very quick but you need plenty of $$$$$$$$$$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:23 am 
T51

Similar to what I've heard too - and seen. My flat mate drives a 92 TT 300zx. Big monstrous black thing with hugs chomies. It looks fantastic, and leaps off unbelieveably well. The only problems come when you want to stop or turn, and paying for your repairs.

The brakes in the Z are pretty average. Or rather the brakes are very good, but it just weighs too damn much. Also watching my mate park or do a three point turn is always good for amusement. It's got the turning circle of a bus :-)

With regards to the repairs, 3 of my mates own Z's. They have all owned it less than 6 months, and have all shelled out well over 3 grand in repairs each. Not from accidents or anything, just general repairs like ceized turbo's, breaks, airconditioning, services, etc. The Z's are a pig to work on because everything is crammed in there so damn tight, so if you're lucky enough to find someone willing to work on the Z, they're going to charge you an arm and a leg cause it's such a damn hassle.

The last thing you need to be warned about with Z's is the tail. Having driven over 30 odd different types of quite nice sports cars, I can say with complete confidence that the 300zx is the most tail-happy car I have ever driven. You really, really need to be careful when putting down the loud pedal in that thing, and driving in the wet is a very cautioning experience.

However, having said all of that, the 300zx is so much fun to drive it's freaky. It's tail-happy nature can by a stupidly large amount of fun (as long as you're careful!), and the takeoff is unbelievable. If I had more money I'd own one myself! Just be warned that actually buying the car will only be about 50% of your total costs by the end of the year. Hope this helps! :-)

-J-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:34 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
I've read and heard that the z32's are'nt crash hot at launching.

Not the best nissan car out there for drags, it's strength lies in the ability to overtake and so forth.

Though there's plenty of torque for the tail happy addicts like my self :D