Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WORST luck
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:05 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: green 180sx, 180sx
hey... finally got my 180 back on the road after 4 months...

had it off the road to: hide the majority of my engine bay wiring, move the battery to the boot, fit high mount, hx35w, intake, fuel rail, injectors, thermos, adj fuel reg, dual stage, guages, stereo, strut braces, tail lights, steering wheel, short shifter etc...

i run into troubles with not being able to find a feed line fitting for my turbo, it was meant to be a m12x1.5 straight fitting, it fits lose but am worried about over tightening, then my old feed line was leaking at the join so they made me a new one (rated at 1800psi) so hopefully shouldnt split.

my accelotator cable mount on the manifold aimed nowhere near where it needed too and i found that a mount off an 05 corolla fit PERFECTLY!!! my radiator shroud didnt fit because it was built for a standard radiator but mine was alloy, my tail lights didnt fit properly and my blinkers are red instead of amber, my turbo didnt fit so had to move my power steering reservior and igniter to a different spot...

anyhow, i started all this to simply put a highmount setup on it as i had lost my licence for 3 months, well... i have had it back for 2 months haha. finally took it for is first run...

got just about into town and it started overheating... pulled in behind a wall so no one would see the bonnet up, turns out i didnt hide very well at all because 2 of my mate turned up, i found that one of my heater hoses had split so had to bypass it and went straight home...

after fixing that i decided to take it to work, came out that afternoon to find that someone had scraped up the side of it in their car leaving a 40cm long 25mm wide, white paint marked and also rippled my guard above the rear wheel... took it straight home...

buffed the paint off and took it into work again today... got half way to town at lunch time (1/2 hour) and was goin down gear to pull up to and intersection, well the bloody thing stalls so tried to kick her over and nothing, it just kept winding over. so pushed it round the corner for a look and as i was pushing another bunch of dickheads i know drivepast and pull up to see wat i fucked.

no spark!!! rang the boss and told him i was going to be late because i wasnt leaving my car on the side of the road for someone to masacre, he wasnt happy but fuck him, he'll get over it. started checking fuses, checked of melted wires, pretty much went over EVERYTHING i had done to find nothing, finally started checking relays and found one with corroded terminals in the fuse box on the right hand side which apparently stops power getting to the igniter, no idea wat it was as i have a fuse box lid that reads japanese...

i just had to get this off my chest, just hate that when you break down and really dont want anyone to see that you have failed... someone you know will ALWAYS drivepast and spread the word, also it is so hard to own nice shit these days when ppl have no respect, there was no 'hey buddy im sorry but i scraped your car' which pisses me off more as i now have to pay for someone elses fuck up. if i didnt love this thing so much id buy a friggin excell then anything could happen to it and i would care. maybe i have to buy a car bubble and just park it in there and just look at it and not drive it...

ok, enough...
sorry but if this is in the wrong spot can someone move it for me?

thanks and hope to see you all soon, when i straighten my shit...

Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:50 am 
T51

Car: 92 S13 SILVIA
Sorry to hear mate , i think we have all had times like this at some stage
I have had damage done to my s13 and they just took off and left me with the bill ! My wife says just get rid of it but like you i love it too much.
Its a passion some people dont understand it .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:31 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

thats it mate, its the only car that has pissed me off and i havent sold haha...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:11 pm 
T03

Car: 1998 200sx S14a
similar situation man, had a soccer mum turn out of the lane and scraped my car from the drivers side all the way to the petrol lid, turned out it was her company car and so turned the blame on me and said i was racing... making me fork out over 9grand and only got 3600 back lost the rest to lawyer fees.

some people just have no morales and no respect for peoples property.
hope everything turns out for the better :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:20 am 
T03

Car: 1992 Nissan 180sx ::SiL80::
happens to the best of us mate dont let it get you down this is the part were you learn something new thats all,,

good luck with ur ride no need to give up yet ;DDD

Kurtis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:19 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

not giving up yet Kurtis...

i had the choice between a $8000 R33 or a $10000 180 and would not go back and change my decision ever, has to be the best thing i have ever done... plus it uses less fuel and killed skylines before i started working on it :D