Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:41 pm 
T25

Car: To have it named, would leave me shamed.
Hello all you motor enthusiasts. I'm probably not the most savy when it comes to cars but I would love to learn and become as good as you all are at either modifying/maintaining and ensuring the best money can offer.

At first I was leaning towards getting a Silvia, then on a trip back to my old tafe what I thought was a Silvia S13, infact at the time and closer look was a Sileighty. It looked amazing and I found it had already began to replace my original desire for a Silvia S13 entirely.

From my own work, looking around, I have also come up with a few questions. Now, i'm not going to be using this for hooning around, I'll be setting this car up that it'll be a general purpose car with Stealth so it can pull when the need comes should i desire to take it on the track.

Forgive me for being a rather new person, I may take a while for someone to explain a few things in laymans terms.

- With a 180sx converting it to a Sileighty, is it possible to purchase the rear plate saying Sileighty instead of 180sx?

- With the Sileighty, how much would the parts generally cost to replace the front?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:41 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
'Sileighty' rear garnishes apparently exist,but you'll never find one. Nissan made a few sileighties themselves according to legend and badged them as such just before the type x's came out.
I've yet to see one however,and I've been involved with these cars in one way or another since '98.

The physical swap of the front ends isn't difficult. I'm sure there will be a step by step description of it on here somewhere.
The cheapest way usually is to either find someone who wants to do a onevia swap and swap front ends and wiring looms with them,or to buy a damaged shell and use the front from it.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:04 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: A31 Drift pig
Yeah I agree with Justin, the Sileighty was produced by Kid's Heart as a limited run model and become a rare and much sort after commodity.
Here are some details on what the differences were between the 180sx and Sileighty.
If you contact "Midnight" or "3AM" on here he will be able to help produce copies of the original stickers for that model.

Quote:
Kids Heart to produce a small number of so called "official" or "real" Nissan Sileighties. It is on record that 500 cars were made by this shop, and were only sold in 1998, possibly through Nissan dealerships.[1] Essentially the 180SX Type-X (Kouki) tuned for drifting, the cars are distinguished from their home-built brethren by the distinctive "Sileighty" name on the rear dressplate. The Sileighty includes drift-oriented modifications such as a new ECU, a stiffer suspension system, an improved limited slip differential, and an increase in turbocharger boost from 7 psi to about 13 psi, resulting in approximately 230 horsepower, versus 205 from the standard 180SX's SR20DET.

S12, N14 SSS, A31 Cefiro, B2 180sx, JZZ30, R33, S14A, A31, R34

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
saw one on j-spec a LONG time ago. went for some rediculous price

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:04 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: S13 Silbeer and OneEighty wife mobile
I thought the sil-eighty was first "made" by drifters who had crashed their 180's and replaced their 180sx fronts with silvia fronts because it was cheaper.

P.S if you want to go through with this I have some silvia guards to get rid of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:19 pm 
T51

Car: 92 S13 SILVIA
<<Ronin>> wrote:
I thought the sil-eighty was first "made" by drifters who had crashed their 180's and replaced their 180sx fronts with silvia fronts because it was cheaper.

P.S if you want to go through with this I have some silvia guards to get rid of.

Yeah i remember reading / hearing somewere a few years ago the same thing , i rememeber seeing a nice sileighty in brisbane a while back running a 2jz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:39 am 

The OP is referring to a 'genuine' sileighty.

The practice of swapping fronts to make one is very common,and yes,it was done long before any official version came out. The silvia front is also lighter btw.

Going to an S15 front (S1580)was very popular here a couple of years ago. Since S15's are so cheap now,and fads die quite quickly,you don't see that as much anymore.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:08 pm 

S15 fronts only look good on S15s. S14 fronts only look good on S14s

the sileighty look is probably one of the best mongrel panel swaps out there, that and the R34 front on a C34

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:43 am 
T03

Car: 1992 Nissan 180sx ::SiL80::
im a proud sileighty owner but if somone left a wad of cash ( and a few lol ) in my hands and said go build whatever you want it would have to be a s13.4 with a series 2 s14 200sx front end and yea whats a cake without the cream id do the tail light conversion as well s14 200sx hatch ;DDD

cool heh...

Kurtis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:47 am 
T03

Car: 1992 Nissan 180sx ::SiL80::
ZEi250t wrote:
S15 fronts only look good on S15s. S14 fronts only look good on S14s

the sileighty look is probably one of the best mongrel panel swaps out there, that and the R34 front on a C34

i agree but i recently saw a champagne S2 s14 with an s15 front end on it i thought it looked pretty neat :DDD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:34 pm 

I'm not a fan of the S14.5 swap. The two halves don't match. the S1580 looks better,but still isn't how it should be IMHO.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:51 pm 

yeah i agree with justin, i can handle a 180 with an S15 front on it. ONLY if its done well