Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: my 180sx
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:39 pm 
T25

Car: nissan 180sx
Hi i just want to know 2 things about my 180sx

1 of them is that every now and then when i give my car a thrash it goes no where it feels like there is a boost leak. you can hear the turbo spooling and you can hear the blow off valve the same but the car goes no where at all just wanted to know if any of you guys know wat the problem would be??

the other thing i wanted to know about my car is what is a good intercooler kit for my 2lt 180sx??

Post subject: Re: my 180sx
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:51 pm 
T88

Car: Silvia S13
jet-180 wrote:
Hi i just want to know 2 things about my 180sx

1 of them is that every now and then when i give my car a thrash it goes no where it feels like there is a boost leak. you can hear the turbo spooling and you can hear the blow off valve the same but the car goes no where at all just wanted to know if any of you guys know wat the problem would be??

the other thing i wanted to know about my car is what is a good intercooler kit for my 2lt 180sx??

if its a manual one, you will also need to engage a gear and release the clutch, or for auto it needs to be put in D or R. this should enable you to "go somewhere" as well as hearing the BOV and the turbo spooling. :P

is it set at factory boost or higher? they aren't necessarily a rocket ship straight off the factory floor, a few proper mods should get it to that stage tho...

IMO for a street car just a JustCrap cooler kit or similar would be fine. or to remain legal a decent SMIC (Side Mount), ARC or similar...

Quote:
I like to drive the car, not look at lines on paper :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:10 pm 
T25

Car: 180sx
Ive got a 180 too, and indeed i have also noticed a massive flat spot every now and then, sometimes i dont get it for days/weeks..

eg - im driving, accelerate, engine revs, builds up max boost, and i feel hardly any pull, like its in a limp mode or something? ...no pull, no power, clutch is NOT slipping... incredibly sluggish... checked my ecu for codes, none stored. ive re earthed my fuel pump, i guess it could be a knock sensor? could be alot of things really...

anyway, ill accelerate heavily again and 2 seconds later, it pulls like normal.. bizzare... though, sometimes i have to switch off my ignition and restart my car to get it to stop doing it after its done it a couple of times, which makes me think it goes into some kinda limp mode..

Another thing i noticed... when it happens, the flutter seems to be like 3 times longer/louder - possibly timing related?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:39 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
my S13 used to flat spot sometimes. i disconnected the EGO sensor and it went away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:29 pm 
T25

Car: 180sx
EGR?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:30 pm 
T28

Car: 1994 Nissan RPS13 SR20DET blacktop
Happened to mine... changed heapsa stuff... might have nailed it now though

used to happen without fail after 5 mins driving

started with fuel pump - made it better but still happened all the time

intercooler - helped heaps, made the car go harder then ever, but would still sometimes slump.

exhaust manifold gasket - pretty much fixed, drives a dream 99.8% of the time.