Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:37 pm 
T25

Car: 180sx
I have been looking at body kits and there is a huge difference in prices but the kits and wide front guards all look the same no matter where you get the from.
Is it worth spending the extra money? Or should i just get one from G-force?
Are the more expensive brands better quality?
Where did you get your kit from?
does it all line up?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by =Nasty= on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:18 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
extra money compared to what? get them from whom? be more specific,and maybe people can offer decent advice to you.

as for me,I've bought cheap front bumpers from G force and other suppliers in the past,and compared to the Dmax and east bear stuff that I've received recently (only took 9 f---ing months...) it's like chalk and cheese.

the cheapie 270R copy bar I had on my first S14 needed 5 painting attempts before the starfish were filled in in the gel coat and they could get a passable finish. it never sat right and shattered the first time it took a knock.
my cheap g force front bumpers were cracked and chipped before I even got them home from the shop in the back of a van and took them out of the plastic. they also won't go onto the car without about 6 square inches of trimming and grinding of excess fibreglass to clear various standard components like the factory bumper brackets and pop up light motors.
I'll need to make custom brackets to fit them as well as they don't mount on the correct brackets for the year model of the car.

the d max flared guards and east bear side skirts I've just bought are excellent and all the prep they'll need is test fitting to drill the mounting holes,and one coat of filler primer before colour is applied.
what you save on the price of the cheaper part you lose in the extra prep and labour time that you'll have to put in trying to make them work.

the fit and finish of japanese made panels is light years ahead of the cheap shit I've seen for sale from some people here.
IMO,the cheap stuff is cheap for a reason.

Justin...