50,000 to 100,000 56%  56%  [ 14 ]
100,000 to 150,000 36%  36%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 25
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:43 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
Justin's other car is a station-wagon remember! :)

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:55 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
and a wagon whale too !

Post subject: cars
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:42 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: A31 Drift pig
Nismodified wrote:
*points at Fergo*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Yeah, especially when his wagon has such great potential for carting parts for his "corolla" :wink:

In my experience with imports, When I bought my Ceffy it was a 91' model with 80xxxk's on it :roll: I know they weren't genuine as the car had no timing belt sticker or log books.
But apparently it happens alot before the car even leaves the docks in Japan.

-Phillb

S12, N14 SSS, A31 Cefiro, B2 180sx, JZZ30, R33, S14A, A31, R34

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:40 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
There all wound back.

Have you ever noticed how every S13, R32 and R33 has 70k ish or 80k ish on it when it gets off the boat? haha :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:55 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
the wagon was bought with towing the corolla and it's spares in mind primarily. that it cops stuff like coilovers and rose jointed radius rods is a carry on from it being my daily driver... and that I can't leave a car alone once I buy it.

nismod: who owns your silvia again? :P

Justin...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:06 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 180sx; WRX, 73 VW CONVERTIBLE
All of these answers could be correct...it's all case by case. I bought my 180 with 66,000km 6 years ago and it's only just hit 130,000km. I can't say if they were legit Kms before I owned it, but definitely in my time. I enjoy driving my car (on any angle) but my Kms are low mainly cause I work close to home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:43 pm 
Japanese Correspondant

Car: 180SX
oneeightyesex wrote:
i was also told that in japan they can only have a car for 3 years then they must by a new one but this dosent sound true

coz its not true, you can keep a car forever provided you keep the shaken up on it.

There are two reasons you will not see many exports from Japan at 100,000km or more. One is cars like these get used as weekend toys and people do not commute very far so the mileage stays low. The reason the gear levers and steering wheels always look so worn is the cars spend a lot of time a slow speed in traffic so many gear changes etc. The second reason is that the Japanese have a total phobia of any car over 100,000km and new ones are so cheap that tends to be the "change the car" mileage. Both cars I recently bought were 97,000km....

I very much doubt the cars sit for any great length of time in auctions or are clocked, at least not in Japan. Maybe the Aus importers are less honest. Certainly the traceability through police paperwork etc means clocking a car is very difficult, and if you get caught its not just a telling off, the shit is deep.

As for roads being rubbish and striaight, well I've ruined a set of rear tyres this afternoon in the mountains, best drift fun I've had for ages :evil:

Post subject: car
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:08 pm 
T88

Car: V-tec Yo
oneeightyesex wrote:
justin ur just jealous coz u drive a corolla and we drive silvias

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i might change my profile to Ferrari.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:32 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
diablo wrote:
As for roads being rubbish and striaight, well I've ruined a set of rear tyres this afternoon in the mountains, best drift fun I've had for ages :evil:

yeah...my post was actually a joke.. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:15 am 
T28

Car: 89 240sx
my sr only had 88,000 km's on it when i swapped it into my car... I believe it... The cars that we get over here on the other hand, I'd say close to half of the JDM imports are wound back. I've seen nearly identical skylines with almost the same mileage be in complete oppisite condition. One was mint, the other had rips and tears, and worn out everything... Hit or miss I guess, which is why I'll just stick to my 100,000km motor, and my 250,000km chassis... it's still stiff as hell.

now, if I could only get off my ass and fix the rust :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:43 am 
Japanese Correspondant

Car: 180SX
Those two skylines probably had the same mileage, its just one did it on the road, the other on the track :wink: If a JDM model has been tweaked then it could well have spent its days (or nights...) drifting or being raced on the local circuits. You do not need a roll cage to race, in fact the track I was at yesterday they were sticking numbers to the drivers door and racing road cars. I'm sure two of them were actually rental cars :lol: Luckily there is a healthy export market to get rid of those ones :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:01 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180!
bought my 180 with 66 on the clock.....

dont reakon that its legit......i reakon its so0o0 easy for importers to wind them back.....nothing to trace.....and still "legal"......just illegal to do it once its registered.....

before its registered, there is no real way u can trace it.....

.....any ways....im happy with my car......engine is healthy.....so i dont really care wot the K's say....the lower they are now, the easier it will be to sell later.....ignorance is bliss.....

BUT the car has had some sorta front end collision or sumfing.....cos the suspension is going......and the front right wheel is like.....got issues.....

but u also gotta consider that the only cars that are imported ones, are the damaged ones.......hard to find a clean car without being in a accident being imported over here......

my 2 cents

~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:17 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: S13 Silbeer and OneEighty wife mobile
resurecting an old thread......

I've been to japan, seen the roads and the culture, I really don't think the cars are wound back there.

My japanese mate is astounded at the Km's that we do here, and how long we keep our cars.
One thing that is forgotten is just how cheap 2nd hand cars are over there, For example my friends latest car is a BMW Z3, which is considered a little bit flash because it is "other countries car" was picked up for AU$3000.
His last car was a Legacy B4 (Liberty turbo) sedan, converted to RWD with Various Mods and in immaculate condition (think $15,000 car minimum here), was crushed at his expense because "nobody want this car".

Most cars just don't get the mileage there in the cities, mostly short trips that don't even allow the car to get warm, or they are used as weekend toys.

If there is any winding back done, it would have to be done here, its just not worth the effort there.

Where I think people get it wrong, is they think 60,000 Kms on a 12 year old Jap import is a bargain, that the car is a baby, it's only just been run in, when it should be considered as being driven cold for 60,000Km or sitting for weeks at a time without being driven.

Bottom line is, it's not all about the distance a car has travelled.