Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:19 am 
T25

Car: 1999 Nissan Silvia S15 SR20DET JAP
Hi guys

I recently imported a stock s15 SR20DET and was just wondering 2 things. Firstly, how much psi can I 'safely' run on stock internals as I'm looking to go forged in about a year but for now I wouldn't mind a little extra power and secondly bearing in mind that I'm looking to up boost later what would be the best type of exhaust system to run. I know that is a pretty broad question but I'm just looking for a little extra power but it would be nice if it wasn't ridiculously loud as well because cops just eat that up.

1999 Nissan Silvia S15 SR20DET JDM

ty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:17 pm 
T25

Car: Nissan Silvia s13
Sr20 bottom ends are fairly strong. When it comes to running more boost, are you upgrading the ECU so you can tune it for the added boost? If you are not then you can only add a few PSI, forged or not. Its not worth doing forged internals unless your putting down some serious power, or running some seriously high boost. obviously that would mean an upgraded turbo. When modifying an engine, always buy mods which support each other. For example, dont buy a gt35 and use stage 1 gear in your head with stock injectors. thats going to be a waste and laggy. Saying how much boost can you run is kinda vague now considering that all turbos have different flow. i.e your stock t28 at 14psi is flowing less air than a gt3071 at 12psi.

All in all, dont waste your money on forged just yet, buy all the supporting mods for what you want in the end.

On the exhaust side, you need something free flowing from the turbo back, get a dump pipe and front pipe and hi flow cat. then get a good quality and large resonator, and then go for a free flowing muffler that is not a cannon. something like a magnaflow. this will keep it quite enough but will be free flowing. size wise, stay between 2.5" and 3". don't go larger than 3"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:57 pm 
T25

Car: 1999 Nissan Silvia S15 SR20DET JAP
thanks, I am looking to do big upgrades in the future but I'm just looking for a few extra kilowatts in the form of a better ecu, maybe 10 - 12 psi and a 3 inch exhaust. Just anything extra would be good for the time being until I can save up money to do everything at once.