Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:47 pm 
T25

Car: rx7 s2 13bt
Hi all,

Just bought myself a long awaited red ADM S15 Spec S and wanted to say hi to all you silvia people.
Im not mechanically minded guy and have got my 1st Nissan and was hoping to get some feedback on the dos and do nots of tuning. What ive bought is a slightly modified S15.
Apexi AVR power FC with hand controller
Apexi super induction kit
HKS GT-RS turbo
Trust stainless steel power extreme exust system.
not sure of brand Intercooler Kit (all Black)
Dry cell Batt
550cc nismo injectors
Bigger fuel pump not sure of brand
its running 20psi boost at the moment (is this too High?) cause this is how i got it and seems very rich its been tuned by Auto tech Sydney 98% ron (think there out of business) its had no modifications to 6 Speed gear box or clutch and is standard every where else. No guages etc
exept lowerd suspension and 20mm spacers on camberd rear which is very close to the rear arch,
and a really gay red anodised SRI Airbox kit thats not fully enclosed you can see the pod filter and i need to know how to fix that as stock as possible without throwing away the Apexi induction kit and going back to standard filter box.

Q:are the mods stupid or normal ??

Its done 70,000 km and is in really good condition the guy who did the modification was a bit of a bolt on Apexi lover. Im happy with his low key mods and want to keep the standard look yet i want to get it set up for the occassional track and drift days and want to make sure what i do from now on is correct. so if anyone has any bright ideas on what can be done to the car from mechnicall and handling upgrades that will kept it fun without killing the car or any mechanics you recommend i would really appreciate your feedback and response.

Thanks all. appreciate your time.

Rang

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:06 pm 
T25

Car: 2002 Nissan Silvia S15
I too am interested! Unfortunately I'm way behind you with no mods as yet :-?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:02 am 
T51 Hybrid

Car: S13 Silbeer and OneEighty wife mobile
mcrangdang wrote:
Hi all,

Just bought myself a long awaited red ADM S15 Spec S and wanted to say hi to all you silvia people.
Im not mechanically minded guy and have got my 1st Nissan and was hoping to get some feedback on the dos and do nots of tuning. What ive bought is a slightly modified S15.
Apexi AVR power FC with hand controller
Apexi super induction kit
HKS GT-RS turbo
Trust stainless steel power extreme exust system.
not sure of brand Intercooler Kit (all Black)
Dry cell Batt
550cc nismo injectors
Bigger fuel pump not sure of brand
its running 20psi boost at the moment (is this too High?) cause this is how i got it and seems very rich its been tuned by Auto tech Sydney 98% ron (think there out of business) its had no modifications to 6 Speed gear box or clutch and is standard every where else. No guages etc
exept lowerd suspension and 20mm spacers on camberd rear which is very close to the rear arch,
and a really gay red anodised SRI Airbox kit thats not fully enclosed you can see the pod filter and i need to know how to fix that as stock as possible without throwing away the Apexi induction kit and going back to standard filter box.

Q:are the mods stupid or normal ??

Its done 70,000 km and is in really good condition the guy who did the modification was a bit of a bolt on Apexi lover. Im happy with his low key mods and want to keep the standard look yet i want to get it set up for the occassional track and drift days and want to make sure what i do from now on is correct. so if anyone has any bright ideas on what can be done to the car from mechnicall and handling upgrades that will kept it fun without killing the car or any mechanics you recommend i would really appreciate your feedback and response.

Thanks all. appreciate your time.

Rang

Mods all sound good. should be a nice car to drive. That car has been around here before, do some searching and see what you find, i remember the apexi lover comment from the previous owner.