Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Back to basics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:10 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: Holden VT Calais Supercharged
I'm sick of my kit and want to get back to basics... (also cause bad luck has struck again and i have a hole in my front bar due to some prick's tow bar... and one in my rear bar due to yet another tow bar.... sigh... plus i'm sick of bottoming out!!!) Any body know where i can get a stock front and rear bar? And how much roughly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:48 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: S15
for what vehicle ?

S13 14 15 - other ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:30 pm 
T28 Hybrid

My bad. For a s13 Silvia. Not a 180... for those who assume they're the same thing, it's the ones with the fixed likes. Not the pop up ones. (Sorry to seem like a massive prick... as this comment isn't directed to you personally... Just that some people I've had contact with lately don't know the difference, thinking that a Silvia is a turboed version of a 200sx or a 180sx... or that a 180 is the fixed light and the Silvia is the pop up ones... <side note... I actually have seen s13 Silvia's badged as 180's in America... is this real or has somebody badged/decaled themselves a mad boo-boo??>)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:08 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
The S chassis was only called a silvia in japan. The rest of the world knows them as ***sx.

The yanks call them 240sx's as theirs all came with 2.4l KS-series engines.
Europeans call them 180sx's or 200sx's as they had CA18s,or SR20's.

We got 200sx's for the s14 and s15 series. The earlier S13 cars are all JDM imports,and are called silvias or 180sx's,depending on whether they're a coupe,or a hatch respectively.

Which front end an S13 has is as much a matter of market as model.
All american S13's have the pop-up head;ight front,regardless of whether they are a hatch or a coupe. I believe it was the same in europe but can't confirm.
If the people you've been talking to can't tell the difference between a coupe and a hatchback,they aren't car enthusiasts.

I personally refer to any coupe,being S13,S14 or S15 as a silvia,and all hatchback S13's as 180's.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:16 pm 
T28 Hybrid

well that's what i've been doing. Naming all s13 hatches as 180s and coupes as sils. But what i'm talking about is that some people aren't aware of other differences with them. Like some dude that I know going on about that s15 200sx's were made in australia and not an import, or that this particular 200sx made in Australia had a ball bearing turbo and that the s15 silvia's didn't. To me, as far as I know, following the 180sx (1.8l), 200sx(2.0l) and 240sx(2.4l) debacle, I understood that s14's and s15s all were a 2 litre if named 200sx or Silvia. Is this true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:05 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
The last is mostly true. The yanks got the S14 new,and also called it a 240sx,as it had a twin cam KA24DE. The S13's got the single cam KA24E.

S15's were only sold in Japan and here AFAIK. All with a variant of the SR20. Local cars were badged 200sx,JDM cars are badged silvia.

The ballbearing turbo furphy is still going on huh? My understanding of it was that NO S14 had a ballbearing turbo as standard,and a few S15's seem to have gotten them,but I was never able to work out a pattern that fit for all versions of the story. The best guess I ever came to was it varied between build dates and plant. Some got one,some didn't depending on where they were made and when. I don't see the big deal either way,as they are identical in wheel trims to the S14 turbo,the only real difference is the exhaust housing having a small splitter,and these days all that means is that you need one model of split dump pipe or another.

I'm sure someone will disagree with my take on the above,and to be honest,I couldn't care less. Just don't bother arguing with me about it.
If you still care so much to argue with me about which T2 frame turbo is better than another and came standard on which model of a 10-15 year old car,you need to get a life.

Justin...

Post subject: Re: Back to basics
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:11 pm 
TO4

Car: 200sx S14.5
Sico wrote:
I'm sick of my kit and want to get back to basics... (also cause bad luck has struck again and i have a hole in my front bar due to some prick's tow bar... and one in my rear bar due to yet another tow bar.... sigh... plus i'm sick of bottoming out!!!) Any body know where i can get a stock front and rear bar? And how much roughly?

yeah i got into this dilemma a few weeks ago
sick of having a kit, cos the car sat too low and was too self concious about parking it and people hitting it

i just reverted back to a standard s14 rear bar, and a standard s15 front bar. also removed the side skirts.
to me, that looks neat

some of my friends dont really like the stock look, but it's my car, so stuff them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:07 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Cheers for the info Justin. Helps a lot to shut cunts up who now didily squat about cars they don't drive (Especially when these guys are fully sick pulsar and charade drivers).

Still... Anybody willing to sell me a decent nick stock kit for an S13 Silvia (Coupe... not hatch for those who haven't been paying attention)???

Post subject: Re: Back to basics
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 pm 
T28

Car: 1993 black S13 silvia
Hey man
if you want ill trade your kit for my kit the rear bumper stock and it need a paint as if sanded it back and one of the securing studs need to be cut to get it off the car and the front has a hole cut into it for a fmic and an oil cooler it also needs a spray ill get some pics if you'd like just put up some pics of your front and rear bars, if you don't think its worth it ill throw in some cash to, but id only trade if there what im looking for...

Cheers M13