Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: check out my new tints
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:19 pm 
T03

Car: RED S15
Hi Guys

Last weekend my dad ordered a few rolls of window tints from SunTek. He bought the High Performance Series tint and the Carbon Series. He wanted to do a test run on my car to check out the quality of the film. I told him that I wanted 5% tint on the rear and 15% on the side windows. Yes … we all know that the darkest legal tint for a passenger car is 35% (both rear and side windows) but I wanted a darker tint because I hate people looking at me when I am driving and don’t want people looking into my car when I am not around.

Not only that … I also got him to do the front strip for me too. :lol:

Anyways … I am amazed at how everything looked. The tint really brought out the colour of my car. It may look dark from the outside but you can see clearly from the inside.

Let me know what you guys think :roll:

Last edited by AK56 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:15 pm 
T03

Car: 1992 Nissan 180sx ::SiL80::
lookin good you do this ur self?!

i had mind done only like 2 months ago at oztint here in sydney they done a neat job on my sil80, done the same as you 15% on the front and 5% on the rear, makes hell of a difference with the heat i wasnt to fussed about the aperance of it lol...

Kurtis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:41 am 
T03

EViL80E wrote:

i had mind done only like 2 months ago at oztint here in sydney they done a neat job on my sil80, done the same as you 15% on the front and 5% on the rear, makes hell of a difference with the heat i wasnt to fussed about the aperance of it lol...

Kurtis

Thanks EviL80E ... it does make a big difference in reducing the heat.

Nah ... my dad does window tinting as a profession. He has been doing it for over 15 years and he loves his job :o . He loves his job that much that he does a few cars on the weekend as a hobby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:23 am 
T51

Car: 180sx
looks good mate.

how is the 5% at night in the rain. my old pulsar had 5% all round and at night in the rain i couldnt see too well.

whats your dads company called?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:18 am 
Quad T88

Car: S15
good thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:28 pm 
T03

DV5180 wrote:
looks good mate.

how is the 5% at night in the rain. my old pulsar had 5% all round and at night in the rain i couldnt see too well.

whats your dads company called?

It hasnt been raining these couple of days so I couldnt tell you 8) . But driving at night is fine... got pulled over by a cop tonight for a random breath test around parramatta ... no problems.

My dad is a contractor. He works for a few companies like Tint-a-Car, Sol-Ace, Solar Tint, etc, and he does a few on the weekend as his side business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:29 pm 
T03

EViL80E wrote:

Kurtis

How much did oztint charge you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:39 am 
T03

oh yer i think it was like $160 i got the invoice around here when i see it ill double check,

iv had far darker then what i got now in the past on other cars, 35% is the ' legal ' limmit, however if you take a close look at that its almost un-noticable, they are stricked on window tints in the USA on the grounds that law inforcment ' need to be able to have you in clear view at all times '
iv never ever been question about my tints, i guess they cant and or dont have alot to say when there hwy patrols are all tinted far darker then 35%..

Kurtis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:49 am 
T03

incase you were wondering

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:10 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
EViL80E wrote:
i guess they cant and or dont have alot to say when there hwy patrols are all tinted far darker then 35%..

Kurtis

Don't think you can ever get away with pointing at their car and saying that because theirs is illegal,you should be ok too.
The world doesn't work like that. they're a law unto themselves,where they have permission to break the law in order to apprehend others who are doing the same.

The excuse for dark tint will be so that they can blend into the traffic better whilst in uniform in an unmarked car,and therefore catch more people doing the wrong thing (whether they entrap them to do it or not is another matter). Some OH&S bullshit with heat fatigue from being in a car all day will likely factor into it as well.

They want your windows to be light so they can see you from the outside and know what they're walking up to when they pull you over. That's why they'll bust your balls if it's too dark and they have nothing else to do that day. They're scared you might shoot/stab/jump them when they approach the vehicle.

The RTA wants it light for the reason above by extension,and so that you can see out properly at night. modern window tint films have made the second part almost redundant,but the law is still there.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:37 pm 
T03

fergo308 wrote:
EViL80E wrote:
i guess they cant and or dont have alot to say when there hwy patrols are all tinted far darker then 35%..

Kurtis

The RTA wants it light for the reason above by extension,and so that you can see out properly at night. modern window tint films have made the second part almost redundant,but the law is still there.

Justin...

Someone needs to come up with a Transition tinting film, so during intence sunlight/heat they get darker, then at night or when its over cast they get lighter...

they got glasses that do that already :DDD

Kurtis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:37 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
Indeed they do,I'm using a pair as I type this.

It's likely not cost effective,nor a wise business decision to make and sell 'smart tint'.
If one product suits all,you'll only sell the stuff once. if it's too light,or too dark,they'll redo it later and you'll get paid again. if it wears out in a couple of years,they'll also redo it again and that's more cash.

Check out bunnings for a perfect example of the 'not quite right products' business model. Stuff that sort of fixes the problem,of as cheap a quality as possible,so that it wears out quickly,and they'll come back for more.
No business survives these days by providing great stuff that lasts forever at an affordable price.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:57 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 92 Silvia
Looking awesome, tints make a huge diff in summer 8)