Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:02 pm 
T25

Car: nissan silvia s13
Hi everyone,

Im new to the forum and recently bought a nissan silvia s13 from sydney that has ran out of rego and it has been overdue for more than 3 months. Im currently living in NSW Newcastle, i brought the car back here and tried to get a name transfer but it was declined, even though ive got the Rego renewal papers from the previous owner.

I was told to get a blue slip before i can get the car registered. I went down to those assigned workshops that does blue slips, they told me to get an engineer's certificate to proof that my car is road compliance. But the thing is my car has certain modifications on it.

Modifications:
New CA engine
Open Pod Filter
BOV
FMIC
Lightened FW + Heavy Duty Clutch
Bigger Turbo
big ass EXOS (gonna change it to stock first)

Damage:
Rear RHS panel dented

Im not sure if these can obtain a pass from engineers, if fellow mates here can help and give me some pointers of what i should do i really appreciate it, or let me know if there is any engineers around my area that is not so by the book in terms of check, would really appreciate it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:36 am 
T78

Car: xxxxx
Just try other blue slip places, tell them its slightly modded but dont tell them about the flywheel and clutch, they arent going to know. Bigger turbo is fine as long as looks kinda stock. ditch the bov, use a bung for the time being. Get an airbox to replace the pod filter.

You might find a blue slip place which is pretty lenient, I found one and they passed me with a bov, fmic, bigger injectors, bigger turbo, z32 afm. Just keep trying and you will find one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:50 pm 
T25

Car: nissan silvia s13
I dun have the dumb valve with me already... and for the pod filter ill ask toy shop to get for me...