Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: S13/15 re-loom
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:02 pm 
T25

Car: S13 Silvia
I've got an S13 with S15 engine with S13 loom running S13 ecu with stinger piggybacking to get VCT+MAF, well I was, stinger died today while getting a new map written to it.

Tuner hates EMS so much he's recommending installing S15 loom, stock AFM and stock S15 ECU (adding nistune) but after searching a few sites i'll be dammed if I can find these parts for an S15.

I've been told that people 'make' these looms aftermarket, does anyone know where to buy these? And of course, does anyone have these parts lying around? i'm sure many of you have stripped out your S15's and put in, umm, S13 parts...

Or, i could buy another 4424 for $1100 and drop it in, i even backed up my old tune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:47 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
seeing as you pretty much have it working now with an s13 loom why not just add in a rev switch for the vct control, add in an afm and then nistune the s13 ecu? It's a lot cheaper than sourcing an s15 loom, s15 coilpacks, s15 ecu and then a nistune on top plus rewiring to suit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:48 am 
Twin T04

Car: 92 Silvia Q, 93 180sx
Ive a JDM s15ecu Id be more than willing to let go for $50 if you decide you want to go that route....It wouldnt work with the immobiliser circuit in the s13 somehow.....

Surely an z32 AFM would be the go if you are gonna go with nistune and they are easy as to find!!

Ive NFI about the Loom though, though I suppose you could wire up a hybrid loom if you had the plug, would be an effort and a half though....but have you tried wrecking yards?? Actually my wrecker of choice has a wall of ECUs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:56 am 
T25

It's stranded at the dyno place so i'm limited on time to get it running, so I don't want the effort of making my own loom ;) i'll call around some wreckers today thanks. Previously at my local wreckers I didn't see any silvia based cars, are there any wreckers that seem to have more?

Your ecu, it's the turbo version? $50 is certainly better than $1100 ;)

Yes I read up on AFM's last night and it seems i'm past the point of standard AFM, it got 195rwkw on friday. Seems like a step back loosing my MAF :/

Dyno guy is chasing the relooming cost off a nearby guy, i'll see how the numbers compare. I've been promised that s15 ecu/afm/loom will be a much nicer car than the stinger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:35 pm 
T25

Got it back :)

Sorry I couldn't get that computer CraZeeE I couldn't contact you in time because of forum outage in December, I ended up paying more :(

By the way, anyone looking to deal with "Northside Auto Wreckers" in Vic (03 93577787) DONT! They lie about having Jap Silvia parts when they're really 200sx, charge a premium for Silvia parts, and take 3-4 weeks to send the parts, don't return phone calls and even stop answering the phone completely for days at a time. They're on Ebay too so keep an eye out for them. I'm declaring Shenanigans!

And while I'm sharing lessons learnt avoid Fat Fat smash repairs, they charge $700 for painting a panel you provide then leaning on it, and saying they've straightened the body but they haven't. They in fact bent(damaged) the bonnet catch support so it would line up, and forced the panel in place and welded it to the car!

I went to a real smash repairs and body was so bent the laser completely missed the measurement target on the alignment rack. They had to grind off the panel and bolt it on properly (now it lined up) and buff out FatFat's crotch from the paint work.

Anyway, now I have a working car I want track time!!

UniGroup was great.
http://yfrog.com/9fbrads1315smallj