Car: s13
QIK513 wrote:
can i have the rb26/30 :evil:
lol u can for 15k just ask for the mod list if ur interested

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:38 pm 
T66

Car: granpa's jz83 cressida
being different is usaly costly and not much to gain. i understand the condition's of your license and the reasoning behind the n/a build... personly i wuldn't bother but each to theyre own..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:40 pm 
T25

Mr Bean wrote:
being different is usaly costly and not much to gain. i understand the condition's of your license and the reasoning behind the n/a build... personly i wuldn't bother but each to theyre own..
iv only started the body not the motor yet so idont know for sure if ill do it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:12 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
how are you going to get mod plates for a car you're not even allowed to drive?
or are you going to just work the thing and then scrap it and start over again when the cops catch you?

you're really not thinking this through.

building a strong and reliable high hp NA motor takes cash. LOTS and LOTS of cash. unless your mate is about three times your age and works in an engine shop that does high end builds it's not going to happen.
the parts and cost of machining and setting up the bottom end alone will cost more than a DET halfcut.

I realise that you're young and want to get out and have fun in cars but you need to crawl before you try running.

you will not get away with a worked NA S13 on your P's,so forget that now.

if you've bought the car already,great. keep it in the garage and build it - with a turbo engine.
buy something else in the meantime to drive around and work HARD on building up your proficiency behind the wheel so that when the time comes and the S13 is finished,you'll be able to drive it properly as well as legally.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:47 am 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
Dont turn out that guy in newport that although he was 24, was still just on his red P's after building up his datson; his pride and joy, only for it to take his life due to irrisponsible driving a highly modified car with no real driving experience.

Listen to the guys on the forum. It may be harsh to you, but they all know from experience and what's best. :)

Also, didnt Scotty have a highly modified NA? Don't see him around anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 am 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
~bb~ wrote:

He also had a shopping list down the side, chromies, a rice wing, and drove like a cock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:41 am 
Twin T51

i want a silvia wrote:
~bb~ wrote:

He also had a shopping list down the side, chromies, a rice wing, and drove like a cock.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:07 pm 
T25

fergo308 wrote:
how are you going to get mod plates for a car you're not even allowed to drive?
or are you going to just work the thing and then scrap it and start over again when the cops catch you?

you're really not thinking this through.

building a strong and reliable high hp NA motor takes cash. LOTS and LOTS of cash. unless your mate is about three times your age and works in an engine shop that does high end builds it's not going to happen.
the parts and cost of machining and setting up the bottom end alone will cost more than a DET halfcut.

I realise that you're young and want to get out and have fun in cars but you need to crawl before you try running.

you will not get away with a worked NA S13 on your P's,so forget that now.

if you've bought the car already,great. keep it in the garage and build it - with a turbo engine.
buy something else in the meantime to drive around and work HARD on building up your proficiency behind the wheel so that when the time comes and the S13 is finished,you'll be able to drive it properly as well as legally.

Justin...
thanks guy u's have convinced me not to go ahead with that motor.. seeing i have a rb26/30 sitting here wat u reckon on that in it but id have to take driver training courses and wat not..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:47 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

josh_d20 wrote:
thanks guy u's have convinced me not to go ahead with that motor.. seeing i have a rb26/30 sitting here wat u reckon on that in it but id have to take driver training courses and wat not..

If you're building a drag car, go for it. Otherwise, sell the 26/30 to someone who has a skyline/cefiro and put an SR20DET in your silvia. You can get 200rwkw reliably out of the SR just with bolt-ons. Then, if you want a bit more poke, you can throw forgies in it and make 250ish.

If you're determined to make stupid power (i.e. around 300rwkw or above), it would probably be worth throwing in the 26/30. You'll never be able to use all of that power unless you're on a dyno. The RB engines are also heavier than the SR, and the weight is further foward, so you will compromise handling to a certain degree as well.

As for driver training, it's ALWAYS a good idea. It doesn't matter if you're driving a 1978 Toyota Corona or a 1000hp Silvia, driver training will help you. Do as much training as you can afford, as often as you can afford.

Too many people have avoidable accidents because they don't know what they're doing behind the wheel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:14 pm 
T25

cypher1024 wrote:
josh_d20 wrote:

If you're building a drag car, go for it. Otherwise, sell the 26/30 to someone who has a skyline/cefiro and put an SR20DET in your silvia. You can get 200rwkw reliably out of the SR just with bolt-ons. Then, if you want a bit more poke, you can throw forgies in it and make 250ish.

If you're determined to make stupid power (i.e. around 300rwkw or above), it would probably be worth throwing in the 26/30. You'll never be able to use all of that power unless you're on a dyno. The RB engines are also heavier than the SR, and the weight is further foward, so you will compromise handling to a certain degree as well.

As for driver training, it's ALWAYS a good idea. It doesn't matter if you're driving a 1978 Toyota Corona or a 1000hp Silvia, driver training will help you. Do as much training as you can afford, as often as you can afford.

Too many people have avoidable accidents because they don't know what they're doing behind the wheel.
yeah thanks guy for the good advice im checking out sum places for driver training if u know of any where let me know
cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:05 am 
Twin T51

I'm going to this one:

http://www.freemanx.com.au/experiences_ ... prodid=187

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:08 pm 
T03

Car: S13 SR-Q Manual
esp being new to the driving scene, even though you have probably had a lot of influence in your life (older brother with RB) i'd recommend getting a plain daily, rims and good suspension if you must, but spend the money on a car trailer, and a track vehicle, use it for motorkhanas, gymkhanas, hill climbs, track days, drift comps, etc, whatever you can get into that is around you

It's the only way to really learn how a car acts without endangering other people and it's legal

Save your money from building a huge pointless engine for now, learn to appreciate a car before giving it too much power

and ask us again how you would go about getting into car clubs that do track days etc, and whats involved in getting a cams license, show some maturity about the way you approach things and before responding and the responses you will get back will be suprisingly different and much more helpful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:35 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Just build the silvia with the 26/30 and go out and do skid pans or ida days or wakefeild days.

Skid pans are awsome fun and teach you how to handel a car, and a 26/30 will smoke up fucken hard as.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:38 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
cypher1024 wrote:

Seriously dude go watch some drifting to prove your self wrong.....

Big toyotas with huge power 2J's are the futur of drifting, there all ready killing it in japan....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:26 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: S13 Onevia
ill agree with jay with that one .....the latest jap trend seems to be going with large capacity engines ...its as if they just got bored with 250kw and now want 300+ just to play with

meh im happy with 190rwkw (rellay want more but im broke ass mofo)

and back on topic

like every one has said kepp the motor stock work on the handling and get ya self a 2way nd go sliding at the track ,,,, then when ya off ya ps slap that
rb26/30 in and go melt tyres with the knowlege on how to deal with great power ......