It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:38 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
Rohan we have argued before i know.

I think go the S15 over your S14 because you and I both know you will never hit a track anyway.

I think Autometer is designing a guage that tells you how many people are looking at your car when cruising George Street, you can mount it where your speedo is now.

Please, if you get an S15, drive it the way God (Arkhaeon) intended it to be driven, hard and fast, on a track.

Baby Jesus does nothing but cry every Friday and Saturday night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:33 pm 
T03

Car: JDM S15
Serial Killa wrote:
Rohan we have argued before i know.

I think go the S15 over your S14 because you and I both know you will never hit a track anyway.

I think Autometer is designing a guage that tells you how many people are looking at your car when cruising George Street, you can mount it where your speedo is now.

Please, if you get an S15, drive it the way God (Arkhaeon) intended it to be driven, hard and fast, on a track.

Baby Jesus does nothing but cry every Friday and Saturday night

I Think they will sell well those Gauges Brenno :P

Post subject: Re: S14 vs S15
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:28 am 
T51 Hybrid

Car: S13 Silbeer and OneEighty wife mobile
ar3nbe wrote:
Hey guys, first post :). Glad to be hear.

Well, my current ride is a Mitsibishu TJ Magna, which, is a good car, but, its time to move on.

I was looking at some Evos for a bit, then decided to look more towards 200s.

Car will be a daily driver, which will hit the circuit about 5 or so times a year, and the dragstip probably about 10times a year.

From reading on these forums, it seems these cars are well suited to my needs. Im planning to at first have about 180rwkw, with Coilovers, and swaybars to suit. With this im aiming for a 12second pass, and a sub 1:10 at Wakefield.

Now, im in two minds if I should go for an S15, or S14. I personally prefer the look of the S15, but dont mind the S14a.

A few people have mentioned the 6speed, found in the S15 isnt as strong as the 5speed, and for serious trackwork needs to be replaced, or rebuilt. How true is this ?

Also, any other reasons you guys can see why one particular model is better than the other.

Thanks for you help

I don't think you should buy either, S13's rock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:58 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 200sx 2001
Serial Killa wrote:
never hit a track anyway.

:D that just made my day :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:35 pm 
TO4

Car: none
My friend was looking at getting a S13/S14/S15 after having a drive of my S15 he was very excited by the way it felt and handled.

His dc2r was stolen and written off with a payout of about 15k. Instead of telling him to save up for an S15 (as I think they're overpriced when you look at what a S14 has to offer for almost 10k less) I suggested he should consider the S14 as it appears to be good value. Looks don't really matter so the big things the S15 would have to offer would be: newer car, helical LSD and 6 speed gearbox with better ratios.

He was also thinking of a 1996 180sx Type X but they're not really much cheaper than S14s and are just as old.

Main reasons why I thought the S14 would be better than a S13 would be for 5 stud, bigger brakes (my mate hammers the shit out of his brakes at the track), T28 turbo with VTC for better low end response. Catch is though most S14s out there have been hektikified and there aren't many out there that have mimimal and/or tasteful mods for someone who plans to track the car. The chances of finding a good condition car are higher for the 180sx or S15 due to the number of them around.

I was going to suggest he is probably better off buying an S14 and spend the change on getting a Nismo LSD, coilovers and some good pads and fluid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:33 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: Nissan Silvia Autech S15
get a s15. its newer and looks better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:31 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: S15
get any, it still nissan or silvia.

If you ever get S14... please get a good ofset on your wheels... too many S14 with pissy offset..fill the guard.

drive both.