Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 180/s13 p plate build
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:28 am 
T25

Car: s14
hey, quite new but thought might as well introduce myself and hopefully get some help and return some(doubt possible lol) ive recently bought a s14 zenki q series cheap to find out wasnt imported properly tried to sell no luck so back to quare one again, now ive decided why not put it to use and pull my running gear out buy a shell or similar and put both to good use and thus my project starts, pics of my s14 soon before it gets stripped and then some pics of it stripped :) ive found a really nice 180 with sr20det complied with rego that im going to buy in the coming days or ive got a mate with a really nice s13 shell without engine. just a quick question how plug and play is the s14 sr20de into the s13/180 sr20det shell/dash/box etc, and if wiring is needed can anyone reccomend someone cheap/good or anyone on here willing? lol anyways hope to spark interest as it should be a fairly quick build not going for anything crazy with mods either probly just extractors and 2 1/4" system , cold air and coilovers with seats out of my s14 for a nicer ride and few other bits and pieces here and there, cheers for any info and comments in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:22 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
wiring the S14 engine into the S13 chassis is a fairly involved job - especially to do it properly so everything works 100%

I've done a few, and it generally works out about $600, plus any parts missing from your existing looms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:36 am 
T25

even using my own ecu and the rest? could you maybe pm me whats involved and the problems you had with it, would be really appreciated, cheers for the info aswell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:15 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
yep, generally you'd have to supply the S14 loom, ECU, etc and the S13 loom.

I may have a few bits of old S13 loom to scavenge the plugs from.

The issues with most wiring loom conversions is that it's hard to find all the necessary info, especially since there are no proper diagrams for the S14 SR20DE, so people like me have had to work it out.
Most auto electricians will do it by trial and error, and often blow up an ECU or two in the process.

I've seen conversions done by reputable(?) workshops where the start signal is hard wired, fuel pump isn't controlled by the ECU, idle control doesn't work, tacho doesn't work, a/c isn't properly connected, etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:59 pm 
T25

pm'd you dumhed